Schwinn OCC Electric Stingray

DrChopper8

10 W
Hi. I was told MWKeefer is just going thru some bad times. Crack

Attachments

• aretkeefr.jpeg
    aretkeefr.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,271
Ah, well, I couldn't tell you were asking about the polarity of the battery connection, sorry. If I'd known that, I could've given you some guidelines on how to find it with a meter, if the red-positive/black-negative standard wasn't used on it. :(

Good to see I'm not the only person with a dangerous interest in electric choppers!

I dusted off the "bad idea #1" today just to get some pictures and video footage before I pull apart the back wheel - I need the Cromotor for an off-road build.
These Schwinn frames are good and strong and with such a low centre of gravity and small back wheel, you can get some real nice acceleration. Unfortunately the handling does not improve with speed and the front wheel spends more time bouncing than it does on the ground.

If needed, you should be able to fit 30 - 40ah of cells @48v into that frame hole (I have 84v@20ah, a 100a BMS and the 18fet controller squashed in there).
Watch out for the seat bracket though, as lifting the extra weight using the seat bar caused my seat to part company from the seat tube.

Incidentally the 3w led front lights listed here on eBay fit with the chopper image (IMHO) and they have a nice wide input voltage.

Looking forward to seeing your next Chopper creation..

Back