Replacing BBS02 controller with external 6FET

jonnybump

1 W
Hi all,
I have been happily running a BBS02 mid drive install on my Cube Analog for the last 1000 miles when last week it died on me. Electrical diagnosis is pointing towards the controller/mosfets failing.
Rather than (attempting to) by a replacement stock controller, I have been reading up on external controllers such as the 6FET Infineon controller.

Are there any technical guides or procedures for this? I have found the wiring guides which will come in handy. Can I continue to use the existing C961 display?

It's the 48v 750w model.

Thanks
Jon

wineboyrider said:
You could probably use the display
Wow. Can you give details? I would have thought this would be enormously difficult, if not impossible.

In my experience, the only useful feedback from the display is the sort of thing you could get from any cycle computer - speed, odo, clock, etc. The battery indicator is pretty much useless to me.

As for using the display to control settings, I imagine that settings would be controlled in a substantially different way with a new controller.

So I'd say forget about the display, use a Cycle Analyst or Speedict if you have one, think about getting one if you don't, and if you don't want to spend that much just get an ordinary cycle computer.

So you want to use the assist settings only on this display? If so then it's not worth the trouble, because even some of the most basic controllers have a 3 speed switch that does the same thing.

Back