Color LCD Multifunction Ammeter Speedometer (How to)

Nobuo

10 kW
I have this awesome display. and I have a couple of questions

1- left, right and headlight lamp indicators has only one wire each one to connect to each light. So if I want to connect, for example, the headlight indicator on the screen I only have the blue wire to connect. So where I should connect exactly that wire? there is even no info about max voltage that wire can support.

2- The speed wire can be connected to any of the phases wires?

3- Are there some more accurately information about this display? (it has several other indicators in the screen that could be connected too, that make this display awesome for that price)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Color-LCD-M...334?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a97fd22ee

$_57.JPG

You'd have to get teh instructions from the manufacturer to know for sure without just trying things.

Nobuo said:
1- left, right and headlight lamp indicators has only one wire each one to connect to each light. So if I want to connect, for example, the headlight indicator on the screen I only have the blue wire to connect. So where I should connect exactly that wire?
Probably you just hook up each wire to it's appropriate item. So the headlight goes to the headlight's power wire. The turn signals each go to the corresponding lamp power wire.

Of course, that's if your system supplies power to the lights to turn them on and off. If your system provides *ground* to turn them on and off, then you might have to add a signal inverter. But then again, the device mght be *expecting* a ground...you'd have to test it.

there is even no info about max voltage that wire can support.
You'll just have to try it and maybe fry it, unless you want to reverse-engineer the circuitry, draw up schematics, and determine it from that.

Personalyl I'd guess it all worsk on 12V, but they could've designed it to do anything at all, you won't know without the manual or reverse engineering it or testing it to destruction.

2- The speed wire can be connected to any of the phases wires?
Phase? I doubt you'd wanna do that--you'd be putting more than pack voltage on it that way (because of voltage spikes), and I expect it can't handle that.

Maybe you could hook it up to a hall signal?

3- Are there some more accurately information about this display?
I dunno, is there? ;)

Where did you get it? Did you try asking them? Or searching for it on the web, based on any writing on it, to see if you can find who made it and ask them?

Phase? I doubt you'd wanna do that--you'd be putting more than pack voltage on it that way (because of voltage spikes), and I expect it can't handle that.

Maybe you could hook it up to a hall signal?

Where did you get it? Did you try asking them? Or searching for it on the web, based on any writing on it, to see if you can find who made it and ask them?

Thank You very much for that extense response :).

Here is better explained info. Look that for speed info a wire comes directly to any of the 3 phases according to this. This product, in ebay, also have a second white wire solded (I could solder to my screen to) to pick the speed, as you said, to the hall. What would be the difference?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Color-LCD-M...334?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a97fd22ee

amberwolf said:
I dunno--I can't access the linked pages, so unless you put the info in the thread I cna't help you.

White wire go to any hall wire and white & blue wire (the one at the right) to the phase (it has a resistor solderer) Would be better connecting hall or phase wire? You can choose one of them to connect

Back