36V 250W Sine Wave Controller ZL36V-6GWS-14A

kasparsd

1 mW
Yesterday I received this sine-wave controller from Suzhou SND Zhenlong Motor on Aliexpress. It arrived in three days from Singapore to Latvia via DHL, which was awesome. I paid USD 50 for the shipping -- 2x controllers, 2x thumb throttles and 2x brake levers (1.13kg in total). However, the estimated shipping cost noted on the attached DHL slip was SGD 14.03 (~ USD 10.00) which would have been even better. The seller (Kevin Gu) was really quick to answer all my questions and even sent me a photo of the package before shipping it out.

Here is what I received:

package-contents.jpg

G-K056 is the model number of the controller stated on the product page.

The markings on the case are:

E-bike brushless sine wave controller:
Type: ZL36V-6GWS-14A
Rated power: 250W
Function: Cruise / PAS
Suzhou SND Zhenlong Motor Co. Ltd

controller-top.jpg

and the PCB:

KH706-A-M6 (or KHZ06-A-M6)
20140730 WT

View attachment 3

View attachment 2

controller-fets.jpg

Markings on the MOSFETs are:

P75NF75&
CZ01V 6
MAR 422

from STMicroelectronics (or fakes)?

There is glue on the top of the microcontroller which I haven't yet removed to check the markings on it. The seller confirmed that the PCB is made by Xiechang or Xie-chang. Looks like a very recent version since the timestamp on the PCB is 20140730. Kevin also mentioned that only they have the ability to adjust the settings of the controller.

In the next few days I plan on doing some tests with the Speedict watt meter and hopefully attach it to the oscilloscope to see the sine-wave in action.

The interesting thing that I found on the Xiechang website is a link to this configuration software called SMP-V3.0:

smp-v3-controller-configuration.jpg

Now, the questions are:

1. Have you seen this version of the board?

2. There are seven programming/flashing related ports on the PCB: TOOL1, TOOL0, RESET, FLMD0, RXD, TXD, +5V, GND. I tried connecting the UART but controller doesn't send or answer anything. Do you have any suggestion on how to go about debugging this?

3. Have you seen the SMP-V3.0 configuration software before?

I finally managed to figure out the markings on the microcontroller -- it says D79F9211 which is a [strike]dedicated BLDC[/strike] generic controller from NEC.

D79F9211-nec-bldc.jpg

2 controllers, 1 to use and one to mod for MAXIMUM POWAH!

I don't know actually, but this is kind of an exciting thread. Can these perhaps be modified like we do with the 'standard' infineon controllers? Bigger caps, badder FETs, and we all enjoy the benefits of full sine-wave control?

If you want more power from them, forget the software, just add solder to about 30% of the length of the shunt. It only takes a couple of seconds to do and will give 30% more power, which is about the maximum for the controller.

Those type of controllers are cheap, but are old technology. There's much better ones now from Kunteng, which many Chinese sellers sell. You get sinewave commutation and a nice LCD, through which you get access to many parameters in the software. If you want to use PAS, they're more or less essential. One example is the S06S from BMS attery, which you match with the S-LCD3 display.

Back