bac1000 controller?

lowbudget

10 W
Hi everyone;
I, my building a mid dive recumbent, with parts I bought at a local bicycle recycle shop. 2 geared hub motors (1 brand new) a bac1000 controller, cycle analyst, throttles, brakes etc, and a 38.volt battery pack with 32 amphours. Total cost $100! I have tested the pack at 3.2 volts per cell with one cell at 3.0 (bms drain?) Every thing seems to work fine on the bench. What I, m wondering is how do I know what the controllerso settings, limits etc might be.I have attempted to get info from the manufacturer, a local company here in waterloo, but after finally reaching them, I was insulted and actually laughed at, given the explanation that it was the responsibility of the person I bought the controller fromy for any customer support, including tech info? I politely asked one simple question, and was treated with contempt for it. A rare and extremely unpleasant experience. Does anyone one have any experience with these controllers? They are very expensive, why? Can the CA tell me current limits of the controller? I have been reading everything I can find, trying to learn as much as I can. I have a brain injury which makes this a strenuous process. Read, forget,read, forget,... building this bike has been a challenge, but it has given me something that holds my interest, no small feat, enough to work through the frustration, and accomplish something. I need only a couple chains and cables and I, m finished (yeah right). oh, and oxygen, I, myself using those little cans for brazing, works well but I have used about 8 oxygen for one Mapp gas. This has been my biggest expense in building the thing, so I can, t complain. I, do sure appreciate some info on this controller, but I also wanted to say hello, and let you know I, m lurking out there lol I struggle initiating communication electronically, I, ll walk for miles to do things I could accomplish on the phone, so I, m glad that this morning I have been able to poke my poor messed up little head up here. Lol can, t get a photo to upload, as it, so too big. Any thoughts on how to reduce the size?

I use Microsoft Picture manager that comes with Office. Easy to use and gets pictures to 640x480 which always fit here.
otherDoc

Thanks, I figured it out. I have anew android tablet that I just talk to and it usually gets me what I need. Just have to remember to ask. Lol So here is a pic of the original bike, and a couple of in progress types. It is rather hefty no? Lol It will be my transport for all things as I can, t drive a car, hence the rather truckish build. I wouldn, t have managed this without the recycle bike shop; new cranks, pedals, hubs, cassette, derailer, etc for very little cash. Double wall Alex rims too! I got a 3 speed hundreds and a nexus7. I, myself using the 3 speed rather than a front derailer, and driving the chain from the top with another hub for an idler to provide enough wrap.I have everything ready and aligned, just need more oxygen, for which I must wait till pay day. Only 3 more days! Lol At any rate I have about $400 into everything, and since I was saving for an electric bike, and eyeing recumbents, I feel very fortunate.I could not have afforded anything like this, and I have an extra motor wheels, seat, bars, etc I can build a lightweight for fun very inexpesively.I am excited that I will be able to actually go places without the torture of buses, or walking all day. I, m no doubt in the wrong forum for this sort of gabbing, and am wandering, so I will just end here and post again when I some decent photos.Today I, m turning an old briefcase into a battery box...

Attachments

• IMG_2015032934685.jpg
    IMG_2015032934685.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,138
  • IMG_2015032945810.jpg
    IMG_2015032945810.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,138
I understand that you are posting about the controller, but I feel I must point out a safety concern.

If that shock mount is just pointing straight up from the swingarm without any other bracing, it will fail and get jammed into your tire. There are some other questionable features of your design and I would suggest having a structural engineer/bicyclist look it over before using it.

[EDIT] OOPS, I see that you have remedied the original flawed suspension design with your mid-drive modifications. I remember the original design now and my original horror that it made it into production.

No kidding, this bike was priced around 5 grand and not very impressive in design or construction. cramps plastic bushings, misalignment etc. It is now a truck lol

Thanks, I got all my mounts brazed in, and I have been sitting in the basement peddling my skinny little butt off. Lol wired everything up and away it went, no tossed chain, nothing, woohoo! I am pumped.cost 110 bucks for chain and a breaker, yikes, but now the whole drive train is brand new, and good quality. my problem of course is finances, but by may I should easily be ripping it up. Shouldn, t be too hard to spot. Lol

Back