Tech Specs Yescom CONTROLLER KT48ZWSLT-LCD

chasindayton

10 mW
I'm looking for specs on the subject controller.

Evidently I have to plug or solder or desolder something to activate Cruise; same for Regen. I can't find anything on line except for the KT-LCD1 LCD switch panel. Nothing comes up searching this site either.

It's labeled 48v 26A +/-1A. It came last week in my Yescom 48V 1000W kit (amazon http://www.amazon.com/48V1000W-Electric-Bicycle-Display-Conversion/dp/B00Q8JT9H2/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_i )

As always, the assistance is greatly appreciated!

Chas

What makes you think you have to perform those actions to your controller. Was it in the instructions?

:D

On other KT controllers, the grey wires are for EABS (electronically assisted braking). There's no regen. Cruise is enabled by joining a pair of blue wires.

chasindayton said:
How would I know if EABS is working? (I don't know what it is!)

It reverses the current flow to your motor and the motor works as a break. It uses a little current so it will drain your battery as if you were going forward slowly.
You will know because it will stop your bike.

EABS refers to Electronic Assist Braking System/ There are two types. Ones uses power to bring the bike to a complete stop and can be quite powerful. The other is actually regenerative braking which turns the motor into a generator which in turn outs power back into the battery and will assist in braking down to the point where the generated voltage is higher than the battery voltage. Usually down to 3-8mph depending on battery voltage you use. Generally the switch in the ebrakes are used to engage either type, but one could provide any means of shorting the control wires, like a button.

PHOTOS. Tech specs still requested:

Attachments

• bikectlr1.jpg
    bikectlr1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 7,356
  • bikectlr2.jpg
    bikectlr2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 7,356
  • bikecntlr3.jpg
    bikecntlr3.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 7,357
See if you can get them from the manufacturer. If so, post them here.
http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=354

more probably a ZWS-12 series
http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=352

Wes, is there a data base of the Yescom stuff? Search gets pretty awkward to use on this. Posts all over the place , it seems.
I have a 36v/800 on order. 214$ from ebay, xcceries .
I wanted to avoid the LCD version as I came away with the impression it mandated the use of the LCD, and I couldn't source a backup if it failed.
?I wasn't sure how they were programmed, ?flashed, or jumpered at factory?
If controllers don't have USB or serial port access, how are they programmed?

My take on the motor was they were using the same on 800&1000w, but their description is sketchy
looks like a conhismotor ,assuming the pictures online are representative. Kv appear the same, based on their ad copy :roll:
http://www.conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=97

but , the newer all black ones may have another source, no conhismotor site pics of this model
Justin has a great podcast from 2012 discussing china manufacturing and their issues with variability and quality
anyone can make a clone, too
episodes #19,20,21 of
http://troyrank.com/category/podcast/

I'll send you pics and details when the puppy arrives.

The picture clearly shows the model number as KTE-SVP-12-B.The controllers that come with the yescom kits are packaged by the kit builder, not yescomusa. The model could change at any time. He has the link to the controller manufacturer. If they can't provide the info, one just has to figure it out.

Thanks Wes, and all. I emailed with Gareth at the mfgr, who wanted a serial number. The end result was: "Hi Chas,

Sorry, I have not search the serial number in our database. Maybe our customers changed the serial number by themselves .

Normally our light wire is gray.

About some cruise function and assistance function. I attached the LCD3 user guide for you. you can find how to setup it in the user guide.

Thanks, Gareth"

I.E., no help at all (and the LCD3 manual was in Cantonese!) I still have grey wire jumpers (two greys that plug together) that don't seem to affect speed, braking, or anything I can see, and I can't get a cruise to kick in either, grrr.

If anyone more ambitious than I figures this controller out, I hope it will go into the proposed searchable Yescom database!

Thanks again--Chas

If your controller is an XC8M06 MCU (the square chip in the middle) based unit, and it's pads have labels similarly abbreviated to the ones in this thread:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68501
you might check to see if any of what I noted for it or the other controller I tested with similar pad names and same MCU, will work for yours.

You have to put a momentary switch between the cruise wires for it to work. Alternatively, you can leave the wires connected, which will cause the cruise to engage when you hold the throttle constant for five seconds, which isn't easy and it can be dangerous unless you have brake switches connected because it will latch on at full throttle when you don't expect it.

Do you have brake switches connected? The EABS from the grey wires will only work if you use them.

Hi D8: You have me confused. Yes I have signal wires attached to the brakes. This does not seem to trip any brake assistance, only cut the motor, whether the grey wires are connected or not.

If the EABS is from the grey wires (supposedly), what are the "cruise wires " you describe?

SORRY if I am dense! Thanks much for the attention. Chas

The cruise wires are normally a pair of blue wires on KT controllers. I can't see them in your photo.

None of the kits I bought from yescomusa came with regen, cruise control, or 3 sped switch enabled. I had to figure out which wires needed to be added and did so. the ebrakes only cut motor power until I enabled regen on the controllers. I have no idea what needs to be done to the controllers you have. I don't have that model.

If you can send me the specs they did send you , I'll see if my neighbor can help me get some info from them.
cantonese is a dialect , I believe, both the Cantonese and Mandarin use the same written form, pronounced diffently
Kinda like what they do to us
I need to have him read my Yescom tire, anyway.

It's all Greek to me, but here's the Cantonese LCD3 manual:

Attachments

• KT-LCD3型液晶显示仪表中文用户手册_V2.0.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 299
I have the same controller, may try playing around in there to figure out hacks. Very interested to see if the translation is successful too. My display is a little different, as it doesn't do temperature. Ah just found it on their site, it's a KT-LCD1

I don't know why they sent me an LCD3 manual, I definitely have the LCD1 control. I hope your hack is successful, I bet lots of folks will jump for joy!

Chas

Haven't had time to open it up yet, been having too much fun riding. Rainy the next few days here so we shall see if I get time to tinker.

1) Does anyone know what the 2 gray wires we have are? They have plugs that can be connected together for some reason. Is that how cruise usually hooks up with a momentary switch between?
2) Since the LCD3 has a temp readout, that would indicate a built in thermistor, right? I doubt they send out a different rear hub assembly with the LCD3 kits, so can we infer that we have a thermistor built into our hubs?

OK, think I found the answer- auto cruise or with a switch - cruise! Auto cruise sounds terrifying. I gotta try it lol.

From this ebay listing with a very similar controller:
11.)Cruise(Optical):Cruise Function: Gray Cables(Two plugs connecting together will be auto cruise function;
if connecting the 2 cables to a switch, it will be switching cruise function)

Edit: Clipped the gray wires together and holding throttle for 8 seconds did nothing. Will test with a momentary switch at some point soon.

Back