Looking for guidance on build

liamcaff

1 kW
Hi guys,

Have a question for ye... A guy has approached me to build a Vector for him from scratch - I'm sure I could use an alternative similar frame too... He is 171kgs and wants a cruising speed of 20mph, ideally with a range of apporx 100kms. He doesn't want the hassle of a LIPO battery. So I would be looking for a custom made Lithium based battery to be used with either an Adaptto or cycle analyst... Any thoughts? What kind of voltage would you recommend? He's not interested in big acceleration. Just a very solid bike, with VERY good front and rear suspension, hassle-free charging. I'm thinking a 48V Lithium battery (the largest I can fit in the frame) with an adaptto mini-e, Eaton charger, 19" moto rims (24" bike equivalent) with 2.5" to 3" wide tires.

Need highly specd front and rear suspension to handle his 171kgs. Anything else I should be considering? Looking to start this build next week.

Cheers!

L

liamcaff said:
Need highly specd front and rear suspension to handle his 171kgs. Anything else I should be considering?

At his weight, with a 20mph cruise speed, I think suspension is more cost, weight, hassle, and points of failure he doesn't need. Fat tires are enough at that speed-- at least if they're supple like bicycle tires and not hard and dead-riding like moto tires.

Chalo said:
liamcaff said:
Need highly specd front and rear suspension to handle his 171kgs. Anything else I should be considering?

At his weight, with a 20mph cruise speed, I think suspension is more cost, weight, hassle, and points of failure he doesn't need. Fat tires are enough at that speed-- at least if they're supple like bicycle tires and not hard and dead-riding like moto tires.

He's into his suspension... The Vector frame can be ordered with 2 x rear suspension points so that should be sufficient. I don't think the extra cost or weight of having suspension is an issue. Definitely going with fat tires too.

Back