Warning!!!**Do not buy Sabvoton Controller**!!!!!

Litium

100 mW
Hello everyone, I wanted to inform all users of the forum, and I think it is also important to write this warning on other forums of electric vehicles, to tell you about my horrible experience with SABVOTON, and in particular with Mr. Paul Chen, head of the service with customers. About 2 months ago I bought a controller model SSC 4880, and an MMC 120150, worth about $ 1,000. The first controller came with the regen is not working, and after 1000 the evidence Sabvoton confirmed to me, that was a stock they knew to be defective, (madness sell controller that you know is bad), the other controller worked properly for about 4 days, then stopped for no reason, no mistakes ... nothing DEAD.
Then began my terrible experience with Mr. Paul chen, I wrote almost 100 emails !!!! Wondering how I could do to send the controller for the replacement, every email I did vare of unnecessary testing, just to save time, of course, those tests were unnecessary, as i am an experienced user, and some things I already know that they are a waste of time. But I wanted to do everything professionally and properly, hoping that eventually I could send the controller. Mr. Paul Chen after seeing that the tests did not work, he stopped answering my emails, and only after the threat on my part to write a warning post on the forums, responded, saying he had spam active, who had problems line etc ...
After doing this game for 4-5 times, he told me that he would send me immediately a new controller, even before I had sent my broken.
I for correctness, I said that I would mail the controller the next day.
I respected what I said, I went to DHL and I sent it to my cost $ 80 one of the controllers broken.
What did Mr Paul Chen ???
He lied about shipping controller, who has never left ...
But he did even worse, he never wanted to pick up the controller by DHL, that it was arrived at customs in CHINA.
I'm really disgusted with how this person has treated a customer who spent $ 1,000, his lies, and the poor quality of what they sell !!
Guys, I wanted to tell you to never buy SABVOTON controller, because for any problem you have you had, you would be absolutely abandoned!
Paul Chen answer all your email, only before selling, after if you have problem.....NOTHING
No service warranty
No professionalism
Thanks Mr Paul Chen

Obviously, I can prove everything I have written, with Email, tracking DHL, Paypal payments etc ..
So if Mr Paul Chen wanted to say that these things are false, you think about it!
I apologize for my bad English, thank you for your attention!

I don't know the details ofthis interaction, i am only posting here now to say that...this is why many customers are willing to pay more for an item from a dealer that is based in their home country. They will speak the same language, and there may be some legal recourse if a customer is ripped off.

Occasionally, I read someone asking why retailers are charging more for a product, when they can buy the same thing direct from China for half the USA-dealer cost. Dealers are not in it as a charity. If there is no profit, they will stop being a dealer, which means that then...everyones only choice is to buy direct from China. Please support your local dealers, that way there will be some competition in order to keep the prices as reasonable as they can be.

Hi Spinning..
You have true, but is not only problem about local dealer or local product, because in my life i buy many things from many place in the world, and the difference is from PERSON, not from where you take the products.

In my mind come now the Adaptto controller, and especially Allex...

For me this is the best service you can have!!!
Adaptto, is from Russia, sure not local, because i live in Italy
But Allex, is very very professional guy, correct, fast shipping, good product, customer care, communication ecc.. ecc..

I take in past years many Kelly controllers too, and alway i have very good communication with Fany, and i have warranty replace controller too
All fast, all clear, all good

In this experience for me, the problem, is not country dealer, or local product, but SELLER PAUL CHEN!!

Im sure with this customer service, Sabvoton controller cant go well for alot of time!

Be carefull guys with this type of "sellers"
And give your money only to trust good people

why did you not continue your other thread and talk about this stuff on that thread. i did not see any place where you tried to solve the problem on your thread before you started trashing this guy for not jumping to your tune.

did he ever tell you to send the controller back to him before you sent it? can you produce that evidence?

WOW I was going to buy one of these in the next week or two.
Anybody have any tips on where to get a good sine wave controller? Or is sine wave not that important?

Andy

if you read his other thread there does not appear to be anything wrong except he could not program the regen and then sent the controller back.

others have used this controller i am sure but this is the only trashing thread we have had so far and it seems as though it is entirely personal and has nothing to do with the controller.

If these controllers were crap then Zombie would not be selling them.

So it's either the user or the vendor , but if it's a legit sabvoton it's not the controller.

A flood of emails is never a good way to get good service, and threats are even worse. I have vendors in China I've dealt with for years, and the sum of all correspondence with none of them (including occasional issue resolution) totals over 100 emails.

Shipping something back without return authorization is a costly mistake.

yep, i agree. he has now lost his controller and his last resort is to try to intimidate the seller by trashing him here.

really sad too since i did not see any evidence the controller was not functional on the brief comments he made on his other thread where he asked for help.

i think there was another guy who said he had shipped a battery back to china without authorization too. he paid atonna money to ship it back and i doubt if the seller ever even replied to him.

From what I gather, the thread is improperly labeled as Do not buy Sabvoton Controller.

This is like being mad at Sony for getting bad service from Best Buy. It should read: Be careful when dealing with Paul Chen.

Hi guys, im sorry that you think i have some interest to talk bad about customer service of Sabvoton, but i try only to ADVICE the community to be careful with some people and some company. People are free to believe me or not, this not my problem. And for who said i try to solve my problem with spamming about Sabvoton, this is not true again, because i alredy think i loose my money, and so this post is not for ME, but only for Advice other people, again people can believe me or not!
I dont want talk more about this, i close my post with some "proof" for the people in this forum.
For people said i open another post for my regen problem and i dont try to solve before start to talk bad, is not correct, because i stop to talk in my older post because i alredy in contact with Sabvoton, because we understand i have fault controller!! And i have another controller that i never open post on the forum
Thanks to all for talking and opinion, and again people want to buy frome Sabvoton are sure free to do!!
Bye

Address i have from Paul chen for shipping the controllers after HIM ask me to send:

Hi Alex,

Sorry. Somehow your email went into my spam bin. Please let me know your address, we will DHL you a new unit. Sooner we receive your faulty one, we will do a failure analysis and report to you. please send it to our address below:
2015-06-04 2:46 GMT+02:00 Paul Chen <paul.chen@motopulseinnovation.com>:
MPI (Hangzhou PVD Lab)
RMA #: 13130
1801, Unit 2, Building 3, Junlange, Langjuntingyuan,
Xiangshan Road, Xihu District, Hangzhou City,
Zhejiang Province, PRC
+86-1537-201-4151
Attention: RMA Department CC: Paul Chen

2015-06-08 14:05 GMT+02:00
Hallo Paul,
I have sent the 120 volt controller to you.
In attachment the number of shipping.

Bye.
Alex.

Il 11/giu/2015 10:22, "ha scritto:
Hallo Paul,
please check DHL online tracking because the controller seems to be locked on the customs .
This is the direct tracking:
http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=******&brand=DHL

Have you sent me a new MMC-120150 controller?
Please send me the tracking number.
Thanks,
Alex.

2015-06-14 13:26 GMT+02:00
Paul,
Have you shipped me the new controller?
I am waiting for it...and for your reply.
Alex.

18 giugno 2015 11:43
Paul,
what is the problem?
Why don't you reply my mails?
Why don't you are receiving the controller that I sent you?
Why don't you have ship the controller back as you promised?
I am angry about your behavior.
This is not correct customer care, I am not satisfied about this.
You are forcing me to open a bad post on the biggest international Electric Veichle forums tp warn those who want to buy your controllers.

This is the trcking history, and there DHL try to contact Paul Chen for give him the controller, withouth answer from
10 june!!!!!

Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento
Martedì, Giugno 30, 2015 at 21:26
Origine Service Area:
ROME - ROMA - ITALY
La data di consegna stimata non è al momento disponibile. Preghiamo di riprovare più tardi.
1 Pezzo
Maggiori informazioni:
Fase successiva:
Destinazione Service Area:
ZHEJIANG PROVINCE - HANGZHOU - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC
Martedì, Giugno 30, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
32 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:26
Lunedì, Giugno 29, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
31 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:14
Domenica, Giugno 28, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
30 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 22:20
Sabato, Giugno 27, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
29 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 20:46
Venerdì, Giugno 26, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
28 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:17
Giovedì, Giugno 25, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
27 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 20:51
Mercoledì, Giugno 24, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
26 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 22:37
Martedì, Giugno 23, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
25 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 20:47
24 Aggiornamento status dogana EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 17:02
Sabato, Giugno 20, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
23 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 20:48
Venerdì, Giugno 19, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
22 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:00
Giovedì, Giugno 18, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
21 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 20:45
Mercoledì, Giugno 17, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
20 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 20:57
Martedì, Giugno 16, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
19 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 20:52
Lunedì, Giugno 15, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
18 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 22:01
Domenica, Giugno 14, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
17 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:03
Sabato, Giugno 13, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
16 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:17
Venerdì, Giugno 12, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
15 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 20:55
Giovedì, Giugno 11, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
14 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:01
Mercoledì, Giugno 10, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
13 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 20:53
12 Aggiornamento status dogana EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 08:32
11 Evento durante il processo di sdoganamento EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 02:55
1 Pezzo
10 Spedizione in dogana EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 02:55
1 Pezzo
9 Spedizione in transito - EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 01:03
1 Pezzo
Martedì, Giugno 09, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
8 Spedizione in transito - LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 07:52
1 Pezzo
7 Aggiornamento status dogana EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 07:05
6 Spedizione in transito - LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 00:33
1 Pezzo
Lunedì, Giugno 08, 2015 Luogo Tempo Pezzo
5 Spedizione in transito - LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 23:53
1 Pezzo
4 Spedizione in transito - ROME - ITALY ROME - ITALY 22:05
1 Pezzo