4 wire Led tail light bar

warezaholic

10 mW
I bought a 10" LED light bar with tail light, stop light and turn lights for the back of my three wheel eBike and the wire codes are=

White= ground
Black= identification
Yellow= left
Green= right

First, what does identification mean?

And can I be directed to a simple installation diagram?
The switch system I'm using is with high/low's heads , left/right turns and break...

Identification is your low intensity "tail" light, left and right are your bright LED's. for "brake", you activate both left and right. The wiring standard is a carry over from trailers. You need a solid state flasher relay and a brake/turn combiner circuit if you want to use the system with a turn signal and brake switch. The simplest diagram I found in a quick search is here.

if both turns are active with the brake, then if I'm using a turn while breaking, that turn indicator light will then be active for that side of the light or will the brake override that turn side, Or, should I use a separate circuit And separate turn indicator lights (which I do have installed on the rear basket already?

The easiest solution is that "tail light wiring converter for trailers" that was shown on that link - it'll keep the blinker *blinkin'* even with the brake applied! You can wire it up yourself with some relays, but that little magic box makes the process much easier. Then, you can do whatever you'd like with your extra basket lights - I'd hook them up too, if I were you, the more the merrier!

Another option for brake light is what I did on the SB Cruiser: A bunch of diodes in series with the main taillight and it's power source, to dim it down about half brightness for the tailight, and then the ebrake lever switch wired to short across those diodes, so the taillight brightens dramatically.

turn signals are then left alone to just be turn signals.

Hey Y'all I forgot to mention that when it comes to DC wiring even a "for dummies" explanation is probably too deep for me so that diode thing is more for the advanced electrician so I'll just install the separate wire and for the rear turn system and leave it at that...

I can go into a basement or garage and wire up all the outlets, switches and lights I'll ever want or need "lickaty-split; so I thought this project was to be a simple thing but for some reason; getting the bike lighting system wired up just like a motorbike is proving a whole new learning experience for me and way more for me to get my head around! I thought the actual motorcycle multi-switch thought of was such a stroke of genius, but it's leaving me as dumbfounded as if it was simply "a brain stroke"... :shock: I didn't figure on an all the little things required to put it all together with some sense of getting it done properly, and not just a "Get-Er-Done" process!

Between all the advice and wiring diagrams I found on the internet I might be able to get this finished after I get all the holiday Bar-BQ cooking past me...

Happy 4TH everyone!!!

Back