750W Leaf Motor

knoxfel

10 µW
Hi everyone!

I recent built a sweet ride with a new 1500W leaf motor and its amazing. However, I'm looking to have a more 'legal' build option. Has anyone tried a 750w leaf motor? Thanks :)

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66302

Thanks for pointing that out, I definitely wasn't descriptive enough. However, I am just curious if anyone has used one of these.

Like most, a higher power option is more desirable such as 1000 or 1500w. On the flip side, a build for another sometimes makes them feel better knowing they can't get 'in trouble'. Sounds okay, but only if the quality of the motor makes it worth it. I am curious about the quality of the motor. Leaf is fairly flexible and if I'm interested in a different winding, I will ask them. But I'm looking for reviews on the motor. How much can this motor handle? Their 1500W motor with higher grade laminations, wider magnet stack, high speed NSK bearings, Honey well hall sensors, more copper fill, etc. can get pushed hard, like 6000w for bursts. I wouldn't be looking to push it that hard, but I would like to know if their 750w motor could handle 1200-1500w. It says its an 87.5% efficient motor on 1 page and then ~82% on another. Its making similar claims to the 1500W motor and stuff like

"This motor has the more acceleration at low end, better mid range, and more top end. These motors can handle up to 50A loads at 72V, and can take higher voltage with the right controller. This motor will go nearly 50 MPH on 74V!"

I'm just wondering how accurate this is, still only looking to use a 36V batt but with 40a 12 fet infineon. I really hope that this is enough info to get some help. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance! Link for motor below

http://www.leafbike.com/products/e-...-spoke-hub-motor-electric-bike-motor-870.html

Remember that the controller determines the power output to the motor.
A 3kW continuous mxus motor can be made into a 250w motor with the right tune.

If absolutely adhering to a watt limit is what you want, getting a programmable controller from lyen or em3ev is the best way to ensure that happens.

But i'll tell you a dirty secret - most production ebikes run peak power above the legal limit. And at least here in the USA, the police really don't care. I haven't heard of anyone being busted for going too fast in an ebike in the USA yet.

Yea, I figured I could run a few more amps through it, but didn't want to damage the motor. Another reason for the 750W over the 1000W was the weight but after checking out the weight, 750 is 14.4 lbs and the 1000 is 14.1 lbs. So either the site is inaccurate or its the truth, regardless its negligible at this point. Who doesn't want more power :)

Back