Best Controller for XYD-6A2 & other plans

DudeeBalls

100 mW
I bought a Currie Electro Drive XYD-6A2 300w 24V 18A. I'm planning on buying a 24v 350w version of the YK31C controller (Yiyun Tech) from China on ebay. Does 350w sound like to much cause it's a 300w motor or should I be getting the 500w version since that's closer to the 432w that 24v x 18a actually equals? Which brings me to another question why is the motor rated at 300w despite it being 24v x 18a (432w)? Another odd thing is the 350w controller is 24vx28a which is 672w and since the 300w ones cost at least double the next closest size is 250w controller which is 24vx21a which is 504w (both by Yiyun Tech). Is there a way to get the 9t sprocket off the motor and replace it with a freewheel sprocket or if I don't find the right parts to do a mid drive or a flip flop hub then perhaps a good freewheel adapter (perhaps toothless) I can get on it to put a roller over for a friction drive with no drag and no need for a motor to wheel disengaging apparatus for normal powerless pedaling?

Is a flip flop hub the right device to make one of those left side freewheel to to chain to motor set-ups? Would the freewheel need some kind of special Loctite adhesive to prevent the motion of the motor/chain from slowly unfastening the freewheel from the hub since those hubs are normally intended for flipping and using on the other side and the freewheel may be spinning in an "abnormal" direction? Perhaps what I've seen on some Currie and homemade ebikes just looks like a flip flop hob and is actually a specialty hub (with freewheel threading on both sides)? If so I'd like to know what it's called so I can look it up on ebay cause it'll look a lot neater and slicker than my idea for a friction drive and might be cheaper if not at least easier.

On a side note is there any chance I can put this motor's guts into a gutted geared hub motor shell that came with my folding electric Komda Bike (pics of motor shell can be clicked on to see full) (still has the gears, plate above them and axle but nothing else)? If so could someone point me in the right direction for info on said project. I do also wonder if there's a way to determine which wire is which for the ebrakes, power switch and throttle with battery indicator LED's for the Komda folding ebike but even if I took off the DB15 connector that they all go to I'm not sure how I'd figure it all out without playing a dangerous guessing game so alas it'll have to stay a dream for now unless the manufacture told me the exact pin out (or I took apart every one of those components to their core which with some of them may be impossible without breaking).

As far as batteries are concerned I'm thinking of creating a custom battery box so I can remove the 18650 easily as needed but I need to find where to get the kinda of battery contacts that tend to come in SMT 1860 battery holders like the one in the pic below (unless there's a better kind).
1048P.jpg

Although that looks pretty cool I want to just find the plain clips/contacts without the plastic battery holders cause to save money and material I want to fashion something with the clips and some 18650 holders/spacers on the tops and bottoms of the cells. Unfortunately even if I myself or someone here for me finds the clips/contacts I'm still gonna have to find a good/cheap source for the "spacers" since the cheapest I've found was around $3 for 10 3-cell holders so that would be 160 or $48 for my 240 batteries (top and bottom). I wish I had access to a 3D printer I'd just pay for he plastic and print 120 4-cell holders. Maybe I'll find a good wholesaler that'll work something out with me on alibaba. paying $30 wouldn't be to bad if I could swing it. I have a number of ideas for different combinations in which clips and holders can be used (lots of flexibility and room for imagination [plus easy changing of bad cells of coarse]). The wet dream of any laptop used cell enthusiast or at least of this one.

Should I order the 24v 350w YK31C controller from ebay for my Currie Electro Drive XYD-6A2 300w 24V 18A motor? Although I do still need help with the other concerns/questions I'd like to know that asap cause it'll take a month to get to me from china so I'd like to get ordering it out of the way. I could instead get the 250w controller if that would be better compatible since 24v x 21a = 504w (the rating of the 250w controller) which still adds up to more than the motors rated wattage 300w.

Someone's gotta know which Chinese cheap ebay 24v brushed motor controller is best for a 24v 18a 300w XYD-6A2? I know they make 300w ones for $20 on ebay but the 350w and 250w ones are around $10 so my question is which of those 2 would be better or would neither? Do I have to spring for the 300w one?

Back