XPD programming

cfrgsn1

1 mW
Hey, very new to the programming side of ebike controllers, and i want to reduce the voltage and current of my current 12 mosfet Extreme Modder Controller from lyen,. It has a sticker saying use EB318 profile. It came programmed to 96v, and i want to tone it down to a more modest 48v again. I am using XPD to try and program it, as i am using linux so it seemed easier than a virtual box with windows in it. I have the usb recognised in the serial port box, but when i click apply it comes up with Upload failed : could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0 : [Errno 13] permission denied : '/dev/ttyUSB0".

I think that i am very close to get it working, but missing some vital but simple step. I am using the usb adapter that came with the controller, which has a little push button attached. I have tried clicking it, and holding it before and after I click apply on the program, but no luck. I have no idea where im going wrong/what i'm doing, but any advice would be much appreciated :)

The EB318 profile is used because of the shunt resistor modification. the different profiles are to do with the value of the shunt.
Lyen and Keywin modify the shunts ..with another SMD shunt on the back of the board. So the EB312 board has the same shunt value as an EB318. that is the only reason to use the EB318 profile, so the current values you enter are correct.

As for your error.... If the USB port is being recognised but something is being denied..as it says a permissions error. maybe a case of going over to a linux forum or try the original XPD thread on this forum. may be just a case of going in and doing a few chown and chmod commands to get permission back to a workable state.

can you run it as super user? / root / using sudo ?

also before that, is the controller power off? maybe disconnect the battery with the system turned on, so all caps in the controller discharge. Also, if you have a 3 speed switch fitted to the controller, make sure it is in the middle position. that often proves successful.

Thanks so much for the advice, By the looks I have it sorted now, It reads settings uploaded successfully :) now to build a battery so I can actually get this thing up and running again! For anyone's future reference, you need to either be in root or a dialup group, whatever that means. So basically typed sudo usermod -aG dialout USERNAME into the terminal, logged out and back in, and now it works!. I only had to download the actual program, the usb/serial driver seemed to download itself. All very simple and easy to use :)

good news

maybe you could go over the the main XPD thread,

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27927

and post that information there on how you got it to work on linux for future users.

Back