New Bafang Crank-Drives

tahustvedt said:
My BBS01 which I got in may/june this year has the same connector.
And it's not the programing port/connector.

Thanks for the clarification tomjasz

In my rush to get it all back together/working I ignored comparing the other end of the octopus cable when comparing it to the cable buy thread. I went from a 953 to the 961 display, and I had to change the throttle and brake switches and wrapped it all up good once it all rang out. This is Good news, we can get one of the standard pre made cables and not risk frying the new controller with a improperly :oops: wired home made one. Agree, no rev control is a disaster in the making. These semi water tight connectors are better than the standard ebike connectors but not easy to work with or find spare parts for. I hope they all settle on a standard soon. ES ISO standard?

"As the rate of change approaches infinity, the rate of progress approaches zero".

speedmd said:
Thanks for the clarification tomjasz

In my rush to get it all back together/working I ignored comparing the other end of the octopus cable when comparing it to the cable buy thread. I went from a 953 to the 961 display, and I had to change the throttle and brake switches and wrapped it all up good once it all rang out. This is Good news, we can get one of the standard pre made cables and not risk frying the new controller with a improperly :oops: wired home made one. Agree, no rev control is a disaster in the making. These semi water tight connectors are better than the standard ebike connectors but not easy to work with or find spare parts for. I hope they all settle on a standard soon. ES ISO standard?

"As the rate of change approaches infinity, the rate of progress approaches zero".
Go back and read some of the ridiculous questions I still struggle with. All for one and one for all! The best part of the BBS01-2 experience is the help one gets here.

tomjasz said:
The red circle is the connector you pictured. No? It is NOT the program port. The green oval and green connector is the programing access.
I have a different connector on my LC kit as well but it does not affect the programing with the proper V2 display extension cable.

Damn, I just took photos when I noticed the same thing on mine = you beat me.

Some fairly negative opinions around here lately, IMO the BBS01 and 02 had issues but many of them have been ironed out and myself and others have ridden these 2000km + now without major issues. A few negative voices are welcome though. If a Chinese manufacturer was to shake up Bosch and Pana Bafang is it.

Anyway here is some more info on 250w mid-drive. I am waiting to hear about mounting options.

newbafy2.jpg
newbafy3.jpg

eMax said:
Some fairly negative opinions around here lately, IMO the BBS01 and 02 had issues but many of them have been ironed out and myself and others have ridden these 2000km + now without major issues.

I hope my experience will be the same after I get past a few quirky installation issues which are due to my choice of frame and not the BBS-02. The issues can be surmounted with some use of oddly placed washers. :D

As far as the viability of the Bafang motors, I ran across this interesting development.

ebikemotion_slider_1.png

Electric Bicycle
EMB PRO APP Version, offer to you in combination with EBM Control Module connected your ebike, a new way to use your ebike and a new experience to get the best results of your cycle. Until now you have never seen something similar to this in the market. You will be able to see the assist levels, battery or autonomy in a map, setting up or control the assistance in base of your Hear Rate.

http://www.ebikemotion.com/

and below a link to some more about the eBike app.
eBike Monitor

If you click over to their complete kits, you will see a Bafang motor part of their development.
investigadores-mundo-cita-3_g.jpg

Past the Hexcopter Drone

ebm_fepatic_2014.jpg

Is that a Bafang Mid-Drive? I think so!

Evidently some sort of interface module will be available for existing eBike kits and it seems logical that they will have units for BBS-0X kits since this is part of there development platform.

Needless to say, whether or not it comes to fruition or if it is vaporware, I find it interesting!

tahustvedt said:
tomjasz said:
tahustvedt said:
My BBS01 which I got in may/june this year has the same connector.
And it's not the programing port/connector.

Tha large one has the pins of all the small ones. I made a cable that connects to the large connector from the motor. Much more sturdy.
Brilliant!. I'd like to understand how you did that, but I'm not adept enough to have sorted that out. Someone posted the pinouts but It never occurred to me, and if it was posted iI missed it. Sadly we have tons of information here but scattered across thousands of posts. We need a BBS0X wiki. Speedmd should have never had to waste all that time getting a rudementary response to an overly simple problem, just poor support.I'm embarrassed I didn't catch that detail and respond sooner. Folks like kepler have shared tons, teslanv is another BBS guru for sharing. Maybe with a direction or two from a mod we can build a wiki?

There seems to be a core of about a dozen BBS0X users on the continents that could put a great wiki together. I' still really new and a little slowed by a thick skull, but committed to continueing the smiles with my new rides. In order for them to be sustainable I need to do all my own repairs and maintenance.

I am interested in purchasing a BBS-02 myself, and I think a wiki will go a long way.

Russell said:
Kepler said:
You are confusing me.

The 36V motor is a physically smaller motor then the 48V motor and has a faster wind to accommodate the lower voltage.

johnrobholmes said:
I know there is a difference in size between the BBS01 and BBS02 motors but are you saying there's a difference between a 36V BBS02 and a 48V BBS02 motor?
-R

I'm concerned about motor size at the moment because I own a BBS02 500W that does not fit my bottom bracket. I tried to find the BBS02 drawings to compare with the BBS01 but it looks like BBS02 drawings does not exist publicly. Yesterday, I only measured my BBS02 motor shell diameter to compare with the BBS01 drawing and it is the same : 110mm. I will take more measures like thickness but for now, the motor size is the same or the BBS01 drawings are not the good ones.

I took this BBS01 drawing as reference :
bafang-centrale-bbs01.png

The BBS02 motor is longer than the 01 motor, I think. Longer as in it protrudes more to the left when on the bike. Not sure if all BBS02 are the same length though. Other than that I think the dimensions are the same.

Tha large one has the pins of all the small ones. I made a cable that connects to the large connector from the motor. Much more sturdy.
Brilliant!. I'd like to understand how you did that, but I'm not adept enough to have sorted that out. Someone posted the pinouts but It never occurred to me, and if it was posted iI missed it. Sadly we have tons of information here but scattered across thousands of posts. We need a BBS0X wiki. Speedmd should have never had to waste all that time getting a rudementary response to an overly simple problem, just poor support.I'm embarrassed I didn't catch that detail and respond sooner. Folks like kepler have shared tons, teslanv is another BBS guru for sharing. Maybe with a direction or two from a mod we can build a wiki?

There seems to be a core of about a dozen BBS0X users on the continents that could put a great wiki together. I' still really new and a little slowed by a thick skull, but committed to continueing the smiles with my new rides. In order for them to be sustainable I need to do all my own repairs and maintenance.

My plan was to splice into the extension cable that comes off the controller. As mentioned, all the wires go through it and connectors are all in place. Not sure if display would interfere with it, or if you could leave the usb / arduino connected or just leave a standard usb connector on board to make things a bit more convenient to hookup laptop to change program. if the display needs to be disconnected to program, then it is a moot point.

Bafang presents new midddrive kit and a better version of the bbs at the eurobike.
--
First looks like it neees a specail frame - argree?

My Question. They show the BBS-003 how long will it take, the 003 will go to a dealer? Roughly

Background: Wanted to have a 002 - but in fact - i use a muscle powered bik - so i can wait easily - but not a year

Thanks

Krakz said:
Bafang presents new midddrive kit and a better version of the bbs at the eurobike.
--

My Question. They show the BBS-003 how long will it take, the 003 will go to a dealer? Roughly

Background: Wanted to have a 002 - but in fact - i use a muscle powered bik - so i can wait easily - but not a year

Thanks

Give me a link to this Bafang BBS03, I would like read about it something.

Njet just read about the 003 in this forum - and thought, maybe better to wait a bit - found somethin at new bafang homepage

clealy all devices have new names
http://www.szbaf.com/en/components/component/motor/mm-g01500dv.html

and

http://www.szbaf.com/en/components/component/motor/mm-g01350dv.html

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but of particular interest I feel is mention at the new web site of a sensor BB labelled 'speed/torque' sensor.

See: http://www.szbaf.com/en/components/component/sensor/sen-st01325.html

Savvas

Masure said:
Thanks ! I'll check for the length to compare with the BBS01 drawings.

Yep - all the BBSxx are the same dimensions apart from the horizontal length of the motor housing. They will only fit standard 'BSA- pattern' bottom bracket shells. Best BB width is 68mm although I understand they can also fit onto a 73mm shell. I imagine that they are designed this way because 99.9% of the world's bike have such shells. Best just to get a frame with such a design - there are plenty of great bikes with standard dimensioned shells. Most of the Surly frames for instance...

Savvas.

tumich said:
Krakz said:
--

Thanks

Give me a link to this Bafang BBS03, I would like read about it something.

"The 350 watt geared motor is especially suitable for applications where rapid acceleration is desired. It is characterised by a particularly safe and stable control response. The new European design integrates well with different frame geometries. "

speedmd said:
My plan was to splice into the extension cable that comes off the controller. As mentioned, all the wires go through it and connectors are all in place. Not sure if display would interfere with it, or if you could leave the usb / arduino connected or just leave a standard usb connector on board to make things a bit more convenient to hookup laptop to change program. if the display needs to be disconnected to program, then it is a moot point.

The display does not need to be connected to program. In fact you'll need to disconnect the display serial lines at least. You cant have two RS232 serial devices on the same bus. They will interfere.

Does anyone know the current at which the 48V 500/750W BBS02 motor achieves maximum efficiency?

hi all, I just installed one of the 750W units. it's only programmed with 3 PAS settings, I literrally just a a 2 minute ride on it testing PAS 1 2 and 3. Setting 3 is definitely the most powerful 1 is the least. My question is about the jerky / stuttering / putt putt / at low speed. is this normal? is there a way to minimise it? or just suck it up and get used to it. I've never had PAS before so it will take some getting used to regarding power output and pedal speed etc.

Thanks
Andy

Mine was set up the same when it arrived from EM3EV. Read the owners manual and you can change the number of PAS settings up to nine from the display.
The "stutter" is normal I think but it smooths out as you get the gearing right.
Mine also came with a 48t cog which seems a bit high gearing wise, might get the Corona 42t from Italy but it is very pricey, around $140 inc postage.
I'm running a Alfine 8 speed hub on a DS Kona Dawg which works well.
The supplied throttle has a very short, steep operating curve, I've bought a much better one from Lectric cycles which is much smoother and progressive in operation which also seems to minimise the initial lag.

Shorty said:
I've bought a much better one from Lectric cycles which is much smoother and progressive in operation which also seems to minimise the initial lag.

I think the lag is also a programming issue. Hopefully I'll get the two programming schemes, Lectric and EM3ev, compared this week and make changes to confirm. The EM3ev has little or no lag. It's on my backup bike and it startles me every time I use it. The action is very different. I have a Lectric throttle to go on the EM#ev bike bike haven;'t done so yet. It's a no lag with the shot throw EM3ev throttle too.

Back