GNG Bike - Norco Six / Giant Team DH

E-Norco

10 W
Hello Endless-spheere members.
This is my first post in this great forum.
After reading days and weeks i decided to build my own electric freeride Bike.
At first i choosed the bike to convert:
Norco Six One

K1600_IMG_1094.JPG

Then i was waiting for the Postman

K1600_IMG_1096.JPG

...change drive to Deore 9Speed steel casette and KMC X9-E Bike chain

K1600_IMG_1098.JPG
K1600_IMG_1103.JPG

...installed the kit, smoothed the motor pinion and replaced the chain tensioner with old Roox Rollercoster
1st problem- a lot of space between clamp holder and downtube

K1600_IMG_1102.JPG

...problem solved...

K1600_IMG_1104.JPG

...stored the controller in a cheap ebay bag...

View attachment 5

...tuned the throttle grip to thumb throttle...

K1600_IMG_1124.JPG
K1600_IMG_1125.JPG

...built protective cover for the belt drive...

K1600_IMG_1115.JPG

...power is delivered by four Turnigy 6s 5000mah lipos, charger is a Revoelectrix Cellpro Powerlab 8 and the charger supply is built of two 800w server power supplys in series...

View attachment 3

I am using backpack battery and the first testrides was a lot of fun.

...today i tried the shunt mod with 1mm wire-amazing torque increase :D

K1600_IMG_1122.JPG

Until now the belt looks good but the cranks and the bottom bracket bent after the first freeride test.
So I ordered a 165mm bmx crank axle http://www.bike-mailorder.de/Bike-T...komplett/Gusset-Pigmy-OKR-Achse-fuer-MTB.html
and the matching bottom bracket http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=95508 to use the Profile BMX cranks from my Dirtbike.
At the weekend i want to build the freewheeladaptor for this setup. I hope it will work until next week.

There are a dozen ways to build a cover, and this one is very nice. Could you add more details and pics of that build (if you have them). I think a lot of GNG-builders would like to make something similar.

file.php

Yeah nice build have fun!

Nice build! How is the rearsuspension reacting at accelleration on this frame? Does it "sink"?
That beefy BMX BB-shaft looks good. Maybe an even better upgrade than the cyclone ISIS? It looks like it will be possible to add a support bearing on the inside of the freewheel.
Be prepared for #25 chainconversion, a lovely troubelfree upgrade.

christerljung said:
Nice build! How is the rearsuspension reacting at accelleration on this frame? Does it "sink"?
That beefy BMX BB-shaft looks good. Maybe an even better upgrade than the cyclone ISIS? It looks like it will be possible to add a support bearing on the inside of the freewheel.

Every time someone mentions that #25 chain drive... makes me want to do it too. :x

christerljung said:

The frame has a Specialized rear triangle. The "sinking" should be similar to your Big Hit -noticeable...
I have got two spare belts in stock. If they are broken i need chainconversion!

Hello,
today the bottom bracket arrived and everything fits together. :D
After about 1.5 hours testride someting is broken :cry: . I think it's the controller which is become a little too warm.
So 1mm wire shunt upgrade is not recommended. Now i need a new one.9FET Lyen Controller?
Or what do you think what it could be?
If i plug in the battery and want to accelerate nothing happens. How can i messure which parts are in function?
Thank's for help.

first thing to check ,, this have given trouble with mine and some others had the same trouble ,,
the plastic yellow block connector ,, get rid of it ,, then see if it works ..

justlooking said:
first thing to check ,, this have given trouble with mine and some others had the same trouble ,,
the plastic yellow block connector ,, get rid of it ,, then see if it works ..

It's very easy for the connections inside to rattle loose. I used Anderson Powerpoles from the get go.

I was thinking about using a piece of paper clip for the shunt mod, but your predicament makes me reluctant on doing so. Perhaps I should find a T-50 staple.

What were your Amps peaking at with your 1mm wire shunt mod?

It's very easy for the connections inside to rattle loose. I used Anderson Powerpoles from the get go.

I was thinking about using a piece of paper clip for the shunt mod, but your predicament makes me reluctant on doing so. Perhaps I should find a T-50 staple.

What were your Amps peaking at with your 1mm wire shunt mod?

I will remove the box tomorrow and see what happens.
So far I have not measured the amps because the power meter is not there yet.
I think it was a bit to much.

Have you got it running again?
I'm trying to find parts for the shaft you linked previously, to build a bulletproof freewheeling crank with supportbearing:
http://www.bike-mailorder.de/Bike-Teile/Innenlager/Innenlager-komplett/Gusset-Pigmy-OKR-Achse-fuer-MTB.html
Really hard to find affordable crankarms with 36 spline. I've only found these so far:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pigmy-2-165mm-Crank-Arms-Japan-Butted-SAE4130-Tubular-Cr-Mo-for-19mm-36-Spline-/110935243398?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item19d4417a86
70£ hmmm.

Back