mid sized motor?

can any one name a motor that has the quality's of an Eco-Speed motor with out the bad parts? Like the price and I don't know what else.

I want to drive the rear wheel rather than the crank.

what is the watts out put of the Eco-speed? The motors at cloud electric are just too big and heavy. where is a good place to find a mid size motor?

I am also looking for a mid size motor directly drive rear wheel, but not a lot of options.
BHT 1000w motor seems to be the most popular here.
Goldenmotor also has a few 500-800w but not great.
Headline motor from cyclone / sickbikeparts 650w come with gearbox.
Gen 2 GNG 500w motor also has gearbox but they don't sell the motor alone.

The scooter motors at cloud electric are brushed only.

Going higher power 2-5kw you have few more options but also more expensive.

I think I need a 1200 watt motor, but that would be on the output side. I may have to get on one of those 25lb brushless motors from cloud electric.

this is the chart at 48 volts, I did not see anything for 24 volts and is it ac as well as dc? well its just too big.
http://kellycontroller.com/mot/downloads/48VCCW.pdf

MO-ME0907-2T.gif
http://www.cloudelectric.com/product-p/mo-me0907.htm

That is GNG gen 1 small block motor, you can buy one from lightingrods, but you can't directly drive the rear wheel because you need more reduction gear ratio.

The big motor me0907 can drive the rear wheel directly because it is a motorcycle mid motor and is powerful, but fitting in a bicycle frame would be difficult.

speedpower99 said:
That is GNG gen 1 small block motor, you can buy one from lightingrods, but you can't directly drive the rear wheel because you need more reduction gear ratio.

The big motor me0907 can drive the rear wheel directly because it is a motorcycle mid motor and is powerful, but fitting in a bicycle frame would be difficult.

wanting to drive the rear wheel with a one stage reduction I assume that is what is meant by driving the rear wheel directly.
So that this Lightening Rod motor does not have enough low speed torque? Or heat dispersion.
I wish Endless-Sphere would have tutorial that explains all this in detail. And then even have a calculator like the gates belt drive design soft wear, that only dealers can use.

Well maybe I can use this Lightning Rod mid drive, even if it does have a lot of energy gear loss.

Hugh-Jassman said:
speedpower99 said:

wanting to drive the rear wheel with a one stage reduction I assume that is what is meant by driving the rear wheel directly.
So that this Lightening Rod motor does not have enough low speed torque? Or heat dispersion.
I wish Endless-Sphere would have tutorial that explains all this in detail. And then even have a calculator like the gates belt drive design soft wear, that only dealers can use.

Well maybe I can use this Lightning Rod mid drive, even if it does have a lot of energy gear loss.

Gng big block 1500w can be run directly.

Back