Quick drive by with my Nukeproof Tangent

giblet

1 W
Having a blast on it - just thought I'd upload this quick bit of drive by footage...
[youtube]3CiedEiQwl4[/youtube]

The phone mic makes it sound way louder than it actually is - I was surprised when my friend rode it that I couldn't hardly hear it until 15m away... weird sounds so loud on the vid and when you're on it! :)

Then again I love the sound :)

Awesome stuff. Ready to ride mine again.

nutspecial said:
That's sweet bro it looks hella fun!

Plez shoot more vid doing crazy stuff?!?! :D

Oh man its fcking awesome! Such power at a twist of the throttle! You'll never ride a 'normal' bike again :)

giblet said:
Oh man its fcking awesome! Such power at a twist of the throttle! You'll never ride a 'normal' bike again :)

+1

I find myself riding a "normal" bike only when my friends want to ride analog (the friends that dont have ebikes).

Fastest1 said:
Is this the 3k or 6K model? I am guessing 6 and hoping you say 3 ;)

3kw :) I can't go flat out on single track as it is with 3kw, 6kw would be insane :)

That is sufficient for me. I am in! I want PAS of some kind and my understanding is this model has it, though not torque based. It looks like it would work ;) Any idea of range being a hooligan as you were?

Fastest1 said:
That is sufficient for me. I am in! I want PAS of some kind and my understanding is this model has it, though not torque based. It looks like it would work ;) Any idea of range being a hooligan as you were?

I ride mine pretty hard and gnarly for the most part (the areas where people aren't walking/other riders) and I can get to work which is 18 miles away with about 14Ah on moderate throttle usage and 20ah if i race it (i have a 24ah Samsung 30q pack). Hopefully that helps. If you go PAS then you can probably get away with a 10ah and achieve the same range, don't quote me though just a guess.

Edit: I should also add that my ride to work involves a [strike]1,700ft[/strike] 2,000ft climb!! :shock: (just confirmed on google maps)

That sounds so promising. I would like a little pedal involvement just for the health of it. Living in the Houston area, climbs arent an issue. I have a 14s5p 14.ah 30q on the way. Was going to use it with a BBS HD, I might have other ideas now ;)

Where do you carry a 24ah pack?

Fastest1 said:
That sounds so promising. I would like a little pedal involvement just for the health of it. Living in the Houston area, climbs arent an issue. I have a 14s5p 14.ah 30q on the way. Was going to use it with a BBS HD, I might have other ideas now ;)

Where do you carry a 24ah pack?

Well, there are still a couple ways of getting some health benifits out of it; you can set the throttle to cruise control after say 3-5, 10sec, whatever you want, then limit the wattage to around 750w maybe 1000w and just let the motor help you along. Or you can ride without the battery and just peddle analogue. There's even one other way....ride it hard AF, you'd be surprised the amount of energy it takes to stay on the thing. Cycle Analyst lets you program 3 different modes you can switch between easily while riding.

The battery I keep in a Dakine Drafter 12L backpack (with plenty of room for tools and even a small medkit). I picked that backpack mostly for its hard back protector. It does take some getting used to but after 2 rides i didn't even notice the weight anymore. Reminds me of carrying books for school when i was a kid.

Fastest1 said:

I'm always out of energy before my battery runs out! Its a pretty hard workout riding off road at speed especially carrying the battery too. If I ride it with friends who don't have power I can go all day and just use it for the hills and the occasional rip :) I often pedal with it especially when travelling to the woods by road and you can just sip the watts and ride at 25mph with no worries.

Tangent does very well with torque PAS. Just built a 3000 watt with a Thun Torque BB. Cycle Analyst Handles it perfectly. Dave at tangent offers a complete torque pas package.

Adamlivi said:
Tangent does very well with torque PAS. Just built a 3000 watt with a Thun Torque BB. Cycle Analyst Handles it perfectly. Dave at tangent offers a complete torque pas package.
I have a 100mm shell. My understanding is the Thun is only available for the 68-73mm shells?

I have a 100mm shell. My understanding is the Thun is only available for the 68-73mm shells?

Unfortunately yes. The THUN that fits is the 128mm THUN sold by Grin. This is for a 68mm frame but fits the Tangent kit. The 3kW version with the 3210 fits within a 128mm spindle easily, the 3220 however requires a 148mm wide spindle, so no PAS on the 6kW kit unless you relocate the motor outside the swing of the cranks, and then it would work just dandy.

-dave

Nice vids, awesome setup its a shame about the noise as it would be the ideal setup, how come you chose this over the the quieter cyclone3000w-6kw kits as they seem to be more popular now for the same power but quiet ? or is noise not an issue in your offroad trails ?

jk1 said:
Nice vids, awesome setup its a shame about the noise as it would be the ideal setup, how come you chose this over the the quieter cyclone3000w-6kw kits as they seem to be more popular now for the same power but quiet ? or is noise not an issue in your offroad trails ?

The noise is cool (imo) - and strangely not very audible once a small distance away... it is really odd. Phone mic accentates it. If you see bikers, horses, people whatever you just throttle down and it goes nearly silent or just throttle off and pedal. No-one realises as you go past that you have an electric motor until you floor it and fly off into the distance :)

I did look at the Cyclone a long time ago (well the AFT version) but once you added on all the extras it was expensive. The whole product is not refined and not comparable in terms of size, build quality, ease of install, weight, styling. To me they're not the same thing - quieter or not. Sure they are both mid-drives but the similarites end there.

This whole kit from Dave is really nicely designed. You feel like it's a premium product - it adds to your bike and deosn't make it look like youv've been in the shed bolting random parts to it. It's ready to go - it's not some make do Chinese contraption that you need to take apart and strengthen immediately then spend hours programming the controller etc.

For me Cyclone is for experimental builders that want to do a lot of messing about, Tangent kit is for anyone else who just wants to get on a bike and go (fast).

jk1 said:

That almost doesn't even warrant a response. Noise isn't an issue for me either, I've grown to love it. Like driving a hybrid vs muscle car. I didn't even consider a Cyclone based on looks alone, call me shallow but it is what it is.

@giblet...great video bro, you're looking more and more comfortable on that beast!

Back