My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
Post Reply
User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 08, 2017 5:53 am

By the way, I just found out the PDF file was not supposed to be posted in public, so if you have it, please do not share it.

oleaiz
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Nov 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by oleaiz » Dec 08, 2017 6:30 am

Ok. No problem. I will try to tranlate it, take time. If you get the software, let me know.

nataS@phnet.fi
1 mW
1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Jun 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by nataS@phnet.fi » Dec 08, 2017 9:29 am

Yeah, no problem. It's actually nice to see someone in Frey follows ours posts and can learn what customers want and need :)

oleaiz
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Nov 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by oleaiz » Dec 08, 2017 9:35 am

Naya. How long time was shipping from China to Finland? Custom tax in Finland then you got bike?

oleaiz
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Nov 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by oleaiz » Dec 09, 2017 6:21 am

Got the pictures of my bike. Will be ready for shipping on Monday. Any comments/observations?
Attachments
HTB1CafehsjI8KJjSsppq6xbyVXaP.jpg
HTB1CafehsjI8KJjSsppq6xbyVXaP.jpg (231.63 KiB) Viewed 594 times
HTB1GheZhtfJ8KJjy0Feq6xKEXXa9.jpg
HTB1GheZhtfJ8KJjy0Feq6xKEXXa9.jpg (196.53 KiB) Viewed 594 times
HTB1L3K8hBHH8KJjy0Fbq6AqlpXaU.jpg
HTB1rHu7hsrI8KJjy0Fhq6zfnpXaS.jpg
HTB1rHu7hsrI8KJjy0Fhq6zfnpXaS.jpg (148.92 KiB) Viewed 594 times
HTB1ro6ehxHI8KJjy1zbq6yxdpXaq.jpg
HTB1ro6ehxHI8KJjy1zbq6yxdpXaq.jpg (174.95 KiB) Viewed 594 times
HTB1wGzthwfH8KJjy1zcq6ATzpXat.jpg
HTB1wGzthwfH8KJjy1zcq6ATzpXat.jpg (201.77 KiB) Viewed 594 times
HTB1VRnehBTH8KJjy0Fiq6ARsXXaz.jpg
HTB1VRnehBTH8KJjy0Fiq6ARsXXaz.jpg (228.98 KiB) Viewed 594 times
HTB1Xo_ehxHI8KJjy1zbq6yxdpXaZ.jpg
HTB1Xo_ehxHI8KJjy1zbq6yxdpXaZ.jpg (232.92 KiB) Viewed 594 times
HTB10HeQhwvD8KJjSsplq6yIEFXaA (1).jpg
HTB10HeQhwvD8KJjSsplq6yIEFXaA (1).jpg (248.52 KiB) Viewed 594 times
HTB10HeQhwvD8KJjSsplq6yIEFXaA.jpg
HTB10HeQhwvD8KJjSsplq6yIEFXaA.jpg (248.52 KiB) Viewed 594 times
HTB10iTphv6H8KJjy0Fjq6yXepXam.jpg
HTB10iTphv6H8KJjy0Fjq6yXepXam.jpg (185.81 KiB) Viewed 594 times
HTB15GzIhDnI8KJjy0Ffq6AdoVXae.jpg
HTB15GzIhDnI8KJjy0Ffq6AdoVXae.jpg (200.67 KiB) Viewed 594 times

nataS@phnet.fi
1 mW
1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Jun 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by nataS@phnet.fi » Dec 09, 2017 10:41 am

oleaiz wrote:
Dec 08, 2017 9:35 am
Naya. How long time was shipping from China to Finland? Custom tax in Finland then you got bike?
Took about 6 weeks to deliver to Finland, taxes of course at the highest level so final price was far for cheap :( I guess after a while I forget the cost and ride it like I stole it more :)

Kitaro1999
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 24
Joined: Oct 25, 2017 4:27 am

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by Kitaro1999 » Dec 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Those headlights look cool. What are those?
Congrats on the Bike. Look forward to hearing from you about your experience.

User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Lookin' good =) Hey, how come you got a headlight. Congrats!

User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 09, 2017 3:14 pm

How much did you have to pay extra if you don't mind my asking?
nataS@phnet.fi wrote:
Dec 09, 2017 10:41 am
Took about 6 weeks to deliver to Finland, taxes of course at the highest level so final price was far for cheap :( I guess after a while I forget the cost and ride it like I stole it more :)

oleaiz
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Nov 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by oleaiz » Dec 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Six week to Finland? Which shipping option did you use? How much was shipping? I paid 830 USD for airway shipping by TNT, hope it will be fast.

nataS@phnet.fi
1 mW
1 mW
Posts: 18
Joined: Jun 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by nataS@phnet.fi » Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm

oleaiz wrote:
Dec 09, 2017 4:28 pm
Six week to Finland? Which shipping option did you use? How much was shipping? I paid 830 USD for airway shipping by TNT, hope it will be fast.
Battery came first, bike came week later. Taxes were something like 30% of the total cost including shipping. Finland is a great place, it feels like you pay taxes just that you can pay more taxes. Main reason we have oldest cars in whole Europe, horrendous taxes on everything. TNT with me also. I think shipping was quite fast, it was building of the bike that took the time. Just my thoughts.

hoojsn
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Dec 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by hoojsn » Dec 12, 2017 12:21 am

nataS@phnet.fi wrote:
Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm
oleaiz wrote:
Dec 09, 2017 4:28 pm
Six week to Finland? Which shipping option did you use? How much was shipping? I paid 830 USD for airway shipping by TNT, hope it will be fast.
Battery came first, bike came week later. Taxes were something like 30% of the total cost including shipping. Finland is a great place, it feels like you pay taxes just that you can pay more taxes. Main reason we have oldest cars in whole Europe, horrendous taxes on everything. TNT with me also. I think shipping was quite fast, it was building of the bike that took the time. Just my thoughts.
Nice Bike, my friend and myself bought one bike each from another Vendor in China. That is a Hard taili, if dual suspension add another US$200. As for shipment to him in US it cost US%650 but declared a value of less than US$250, so no tax. As for me in Asia no Tax if declared under value of US$250, but shipment cost US$380. Both Battery and bike arrive within a week from both location.
1. A important question, in Finland (Europe) is there a legal speed limit of 25km/hr with 250 watts engine? The other question, does your 2. Newest Ultra Drive came with "Steel Drive Gear" instead of Nylon plastic, did yours came with that steel materiel?

User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 12, 2017 1:04 am

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't charged any tax in the US. But you're right though. You'll forget about the initial pain of the cost and enjoy it for years to come. Yeah, shipping was lightning fast. I got it in one day!
nataS@phnet.fi wrote:
Dec 10, 2017 1:23 pm
oleaiz wrote:
Dec 09, 2017 4:28 pm
Six week to Finland? Which shipping option did you use? How much was shipping? I paid 830 USD for airway shipping by TNT, hope it will be fast.
Battery came first, bike came week later. Taxes were something like 30% of the total cost including shipping. Finland is a great place, it feels like you pay taxes just that you can pay more taxes. Main reason we have oldest cars in whole Europe, horrendous taxes on everything. TNT with me also. I think shipping was quite fast, it was building of the bike that took the time. Just my thoughts.

User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 12, 2017 1:06 am

Thanks =) It most likely comes with the stock plastic gear.[EDIT: I just found out it mine came with the steel gear!] Even the stand-alone Ultra's from Luna Cycle come with a plastic gear. I just asked Luna. If their ludicrous model came with a metal gear, that would be an incentive to buy it. However, I don't think you'll have any issues unless you're running over 30A.
hoojsn wrote:
Dec 12, 2017 12:21 am
Nice Bike, my friend and myself bought one bike each from another Vendor in China. That is a Hard taili, if dual suspension add another US$200. As for shipment to him in US it cost US%650 but declared a value of less than US$250, so no tax. As for me in Asia no Tax if declared under value of US$250, but shipment cost US$380. Both Battery and bike arrive within a week from both location.
1. A important question, in Finland (Europe) is there a legal speed limit of 25km/hr with 250 watts engine? The other question, does your 2. Newest Ultra Drive came with "Steel Drive Gear" instead of Nylon plastic, did yours came with that steel materiel?
Last edited by robocam on Dec 12, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 12, 2017 1:09 am

I just received the programming software but it's for Frey bike owners only, so I can't share it. I'll let you know what I find when I get a chance to test it out. I only have a Luna BBSHD programming cable, so hopefully it's compatible. Otherwise I may have to make one myself. Here's where they interface with the Ultra. I'm hoping that's coming from the main connector up front, on top.
Attachments
HTB1pfkRhfDH8KJjy1Xcq6ApdXXaB.jpg
HTB1pfkRhfDH8KJjy1Xcq6ApdXXaB.jpg (148.8 KiB) Viewed 399 times

User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 12, 2017 1:16 am

Yes, I agree. They are very open to suggestions for improvement, which is very nice. I've been compiling a list of suggestions.
nataS@phnet.fi wrote:
Dec 08, 2017 9:29 am
Yeah, no problem. It's actually nice to see someone in Frey follows ours posts and can learn what customers want and need :)

hoojsn
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Dec 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by hoojsn » Dec 12, 2017 10:40 am

robocam wrote:
Dec 12, 2017 1:09 am
I just received the programming software but it's for Frey bike owners only, so I can't share it. I'll let you know what I find when I get a chance to test it out. I only have a Luna BBSHD programming cable, so hopefully it's compatible. Otherwise I may have to make one myself. Here's where they interface with the Ultra. I'm hoping that's coming from the main connector up front, on top.
I read from somewhere that BBSHD cable is compatible with the Ultra. I don't mind the software update as I am afraid that it screw up with the current setting of mine. My Ultra came with no speed limit of 99km/hr and Throttle could be use at PAS0 or dead stop. Just interested to know whether your Ultra came with a "Steel Drive Gear" instead of the plastic nylon. I don't like the walk mode, it was too fast.
Last edited by hoojsn on Dec 12, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

hoojsn
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Dec 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by hoojsn » Dec 12, 2017 10:55 am

robocam wrote:
Dec 12, 2017 1:06 am
Thanks =) It most likely comes with the stock plastic gear. Even the Ultra's from Luna Cycle come with a plastic gear. I just asked Luna. If their ludicrous model came with a metal gear, that would be an incentive to buy it. However, I don't think you'll have any issues unless you're running over 30A.
hoojsn wrote:
Dec 12, 2017 12:21 am
Nice Bike, my friend and myself bought one bike each from another Vendor in China. That is a Hard taili, if dual suspension add another US$200. As for shipment to him in US it cost US%650 but declared a value of less than US$250, so no tax. As for me in Asia no Tax if declared under value of US$250, but shipment cost US$380. Both Battery and bike arrive within a week from both location.
1. A important question, in Finland (Europe) is there a legal speed limit of 25km/hr with 250 watts engine? The other question, does your 2. Newest Ultra Drive came with "Steel Drive Gear" instead of Nylon plastic, did yours came with that steel materiel?
Not true, Luna will come with a "Steel Drive Gear" so is FLX Blade. You can read the below review. For Flx you need to check up on their website.

https://electricbike-blog.com/2017/11/1 ... y-can-buy/

Previously Karl had written a article in programming the Ultra, but it was being taken down.

As for my case, they will sent me a Steel gear once available.

User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Actually, it was because of that article that I contacted Luna support, and they told me their stand-alone Ultra mid drive in the link below does not come with the steel gear.

https://lunacycle.com/bafang-ultra-moto ... mid-drive/
hoojsn wrote:
Dec 12, 2017 10:55 am
Not true, Luna will come with a "Steel Drive Gear"...
Last edited by robocam on Dec 12, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoojsn
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 21
Joined: Dec 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by hoojsn » Dec 12, 2017 1:04 pm

robocam wrote:
Dec 12, 2017 12:47 pm
Actually, it was because of that article that I contacted Luna support, and they told me their Ultra mid drive here does not come with a steel gear.

https://lunacycle.com/bafang-ultra-moto ... mid-drive/
hoojsn wrote:
Dec 12, 2017 10:55 am
Not true, Luna will come with a "Steel Drive Gear"...
If you read from FLx website on Blade, they give you the info. However, I am not sure whether they pull down the detail. However, I will update you if I receive it.

User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 12, 2017 6:05 pm

I was able to program my Ultra! I am so happy with the way the torque sensor behaves now. I'm making a video that should be ready soon.

oleaiz
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Nov 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by oleaiz » Dec 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Was it ok programming Ultra with BBSHD cable? Can you share you settings or your settings file? Any other modifications you think are useful for this bike?

User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Yes, I used this cable.

https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-part ... ing-cable/

I've only begun to play with the settings, but yeah, I can share settings that I'm happy with and tell you what they do.
oleaiz wrote:
Dec 12, 2017 6:27 pm
Was it ok programming Ultra with BBSHD cable? Can you share you settings or your settings file? Any other modifications you think are useful for this bike?

oleaiz
10 mW
10 mW
Posts: 28
Joined: Nov 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by oleaiz » Dec 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Thank you. You can mail to my mail
Last edited by oleaiz on Jan 02, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
robocam
10 kW
10 kW
Posts: 673
Joined: May 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Re: My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Post by robocam » Dec 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Well, I don't have a settings file. I plan to share settings for specific parameters. That way you can adjust it to your liking. I'll post screenshots and try to explain what certain adjustments do. It's very easy, so for those that haven't done it before, have no fear.
oleaiz wrote:
Dec 12, 2017 6:33 pm
Thank you. You can mail to my mail
oleole1270@gmail.com

Post Reply