G510 Bafang New Bicycle Build

Savin

1 µW
I just finished building my new e bike. I ordered a frame from China that would fit a g510 and I am pleased so very pleased on how it works.
bicycle.jpg

fechter said:
Looks great.

Does that one have torque sensing?

G510 aka Bafang Ultra always comes with torque sensing.

Looks great, I have only done hub motor builds would like to do a Mid Drive. This build is tough without the frame. Any link on the frame, details please. Thanks.

Here you get this frame. Thanks for the link Savin!

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...93.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.32863e5f5OujiF

There are 2 versions. One with integrated battery and one without integrated battery.

View attachment 1

I liked the version without integrated battery. Minimum order quantity is 1 piece. Unfortunately the frame is out of stock. Mary Chen from alibaba has written to me that they will only produce an order of at least 10 pieces again. That can also be 10 different buyers who buy 1 frame each. So contact Mary! She took me on her list .. :)

Bike71 said:

I liked the version without integrated battery. Minimum order quantity is 1 piece. Unfortunately the frame is out of stock. Mary Chen from alibaba has written to me that they will only produce an order of at least 10 pieces again. That can also be 10 different buyers who buy 1 frame each. So contact Mary! She took me on her list .. :)

Interesting, thanks for the tip.

I ordered this titanium Fatbike frame on Alibaba.
Wasn't that cheap but great quality and super strong.
Came with TI seatpost, TI handlebars and Ti headset.

LO7%20(8).JPG

LO7%2030.JPG

Got it here if anyone is interested.
Only have to order 1 frame.
Completely custom build.

https://bjcsti.en.alibaba.com/produ...pm=a2700.icbuShop.prewdfa4cf.7.829c1687nMGEyp

Hello, I am new to this forum.
Congratulations on the beautiful frame.
I also negotiated with Chinese producers, the price was too high for my financial options. I decided to convert an existing bike.
Unfortunately, the decision was completely wrong.
The welder turned out to be hopeless. The inability to heat treatment also gives me a headache. Added to this are other smaller problems such as :
It consumes quite a lot of battery quickly, 17ah is enough for 50 km. Riding at 1-2 support level with 5 possible, average speed of 25km / h
The engine gets quite hot when running flat at a speed of about 25-30 km / h.
Is this the normal behavior of this drive?

Bike71 said:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...93.html?spm=a2700.8443308.0.0.32863e5f5OujiF

There are 2 versions. One with integrated battery and one without integrated battery.

BAFANG G510 RAHMEN FS_1.jpg
BAFANG G510 RAHMEN FS_2.jpg

I just messaged them about purchasing one frame shipped to the USA, waiting for a reply.
thanks for the link.

I just messaged them about purchasing one frame shipped to the USA, waiting for a reply.
thanks for the link.

Mary Chen's email is: sales1@nb-auto.com

Bike71 said:
thanks for the link.

Mary Chen's email is: sales1@nb-auto.com

I sent them an email to the address you provided. they did not reply to me on Alibaba.
will see..

Daxxie said:

LO7%20(8).JPG

LO7%2030.JPG

Completely custom build.

https://bjcsti.en.alibaba.com/produ...pm=a2700.icbuShop.prewdfa4cf.7.829c1687nMGEyp

That is a very nice looking frame, please share details of your build. Do you have a build thread?

I also noticed that they mention this in their product listing:

Item :Titanium Electric bike frame fit for Bafang G510
Material : Ti3AL2.5V Ti6AL4V
Size : 26er/27er/29er *16",17",18",19"

So it looks like it comes in more than just a fat bike version. Very interesting. . .

Daxxie said:
Bike71 said:

Interesting, thanks for the tip.

LO7%20(8).JPG

LO7%2030.JPG

Completely custom build.

That's a beautiful bike. I am wondering if the frame was properly back-purged during the welding process. Welding titanium is a tedious process when done properly. Atmospheric contamination immediately shows itself by resulting in a nice rainbow of color around the weldment. I've seen manufacturers just sand/polish/blast away the signs of contamination. Looks great when cleaned up, and it very well may never be an issue. I'm just curious if the builders bother to properly purge when they do those frames.

Would you mind posting some more pictures I really like your set and the titanium one to be fair, I'm currently debating whether to get the full sus or the Ti but with a thudbuster.

Impressive bikes fellas!

I'm thinking of ordering a custom frame / bike through the same company, a 29x3 with slack head and seat angles. Why did you not want the integrated battery? How did you find the company to work with and how was custom pricing compared to off the rack?

Bike71 said:

BAFANG G510 RAHMEN FS_1.jpg
BAFANG G510 RAHMEN FS_2.jpg

I've been searching for the last couple of weeks for a frame for G510 and came across this one also. How would you rate the frame in terms of quality, durability, fit-and-finish, weight? I don't know if I should pull the trigger or not...

Hey guys, I’m new here and I have a g510 bike myself. The frame is 6061 aluminium.

I am however facing a problem with the rear triangle portion of the bike. It’s not stiff or strong enough to handle the high torque and power of the g510.

Each time I accelerate, it pulls the rear triangle towards the drive side of the bike. You can literally see the entire rear triangle bend if you stand behind the bike when it accelerate.

Do you guys have the same issue?

Because of this, I’m considering getting myself a custom Ti frame but I’m afraid that this problem will persist even with a Ti frame. I feel that the pivots points contributes to this issue as well.

At the moment, I’ve reduced the motor to 24amp to reduce the stress on the frame.

Any thoughts?

Darn. Even on a hardtail Ti frame?! 😥

This is a headache which could well turn into a migraine. Wheels will go out of whack, start rubbing on the frame(like yours already is I think), bend the rear cassettes, and if really unlucky bust the rear hub or a broken frame which was what happened to me.

Do you guys think designing it with internally ribbed or square shaped aluminium tubes arranged in a diamond position and thru axle will help?

Hi,

I need help
I recently completed my build with G510. It's an awesome motor but only issue is less range. I use 48V14Ah battery pack but still the range is less. But anyway I use more of the torque assist so getting decent range with that.

My main problem started after using for 2-3 months. The voltage fluctuation in the display. It's not showing full charge voltage and voltage fluctuates all the time. Does anyone faced similar issue here ? Why it's like that and how to fix it ?

Google Drive link for the Video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FuHg5bafcLH3nNyXuMPpKdeN8B1tw_S_/view?usp=sharing

Back