Saw this Ebike on CraigsList - What is it worth?

OldTimer

100 mW
I saw this same Volta Ebike on my local Craigslist listed for $225. The guy selling it didn't know anything about it except that it had been sitting in a garage for about 2 years.Volta Ebike.jpg Would this be a worth while project to try and get it running?Volta Ebike 2.jpg

Battery's probably dead.

Talk him down to $50, tops.

have you gone over to the guys house to look at the bike?

do you know if it has a SLA battery or a lithium ion battery? is there a charger present or any documentation about the bike or battery?

if it is a lithium battery it may still be ok, especially if they had charged it once or twice in the interim. but it could be repaired if it was totally drained also. it would be about $200 here in this market.

$50

StudEbiker said:
I honestly wouldn't even mess with that bike for $50. For me it would be a pass for sure. Not worth riding, not enough $$$ in parts to make it worth while messing with.

Yeah, same here. It has zero potential for being anything other than a DUI-mobile.

Motor only worth $50. The frame is not worth $10

That looks like, in reality it IS , someone else's Mistake/Problem scooter .

Do you really want to spend way too much, like $ 600-$ 650 too much, on something that you probably would not / could not find parts for, or even know how to fix ?

The other E.S. members here that said it is worth $ 50 to $ 100 are right .

Back