CRYSTALYTE 5404 HUB MOTOR - INCREDIBLE TORQUE!

LOWRACER

100 W
Hi everyone!

I'd spoken with my dealer, to get a new powerfull hub motor.
What about Crystalyte? Which Crystalyte? Which series?
He explain me the series-system:
Crystalyte 5404 means, series X5, 40mm width of the magnetics and 4 for the system of coil windings.

So I decided me to show you a lot of pictures:

Attachments

• X5.1.JPG
    X5.1.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 12,218
  • X5.2.JPG
    X5.2.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 12,123
  • X5.5.JPG
    X5.5.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 12,122
  • X5.7.JPG
    X5.7.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 12,218
  • X5.8.JPG
    X5.8.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 12,217
  • X5.9.JPG
    X5.9.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 12,122
  • X5.10.JPG
    X5.10.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 12,218
  • X5.11.JPG
    X5.11.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 12,217
  • X5.12.JPG
    X5.12.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 12,217
  • X5.14.JPG
    X5.14.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 12,217
  • X5.15.JPG
    X5.15.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 12,122
  • X5.16.JPG
    X5.16.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 12,123
Well, it certainly looks like the beast go beastier! Now I want an X5-402 or 3 and a controller capable of feeding it the juice it deserves. :twisted:

Thanks Lowracer. Any idea of the Kv of that monster?

John in CR said:
Well, it certainly looks like the beast go beastier! Now I want an X5-402 or 3 and a controller capable of feeding it the juice it deserves. :twisted:

Thanks Lowracer. Any idea of the Kv of that monster?

You can take your old controller! I take my old controller too....
The motor has got 3 Honeywell SS-40 hall sensors, that system is equal with the 'most' china-controllers! The speed is the same like the X5302, only much more torque.

I think, if "DoctorBass" see this, he convert his bicycle to a motorbike with 2 hub motors...

:shock:................... :shock: .............. :shock: ............. :shock: .... :shock:
................. :shock: ........ :shock: .............. :shock: ........ :shock: ..................
............. :shock: ........... :shock: ..............................
:shock: ............ :shock: ....... :shock: ............................................ :shock:

OMG... I've done in my pant!!!!!!! :lol:

SO many thanks Lowracer!!!!! :wink:

Yes.. i'll get one for sore... or ... two !!!! :twisted:

That motor is probably more effiucient due to more copper in the stator core and less on the side (resistive portion of winding)

Doc

Lowracer,

I look at the pics you posted.. and i realize that the rim you laced the hub motor on is the same as the zero MX motorcycle have right?.. the same as ypedal have in big quantity!.. 44mm width... right?

If so what was the spokes lenght you used?.. they appeat to be 11 or 12 gauge right?

and.. if that motor is weighting 12kg and have wider stator and magnets than the 5300 serie...... than where they removed some mass???? :?:

Doc

Is it me or does it look like they just threw those halls sensor in the stator any damn way the felt like it. it looks like one is not even in the slot all the way.

icecube57 said:
Is it me or does it look like they just threw those halls sensor in the stator any damn way the felt like it. it looks like one is not even in the slot all the way.

No.. I also examinated that pic.. and since i already replaced some i know how they are installed.
What you see is the heat shrink on the 3 leads... not the hall sensor itself...

the glue is just not covering the heat shrink completly...

Doc

My imagination is working now....

hmmmm !..

36 fets 4110 controller

+

X5402

+

nanotech lipo

=

probably 30kW burst ( 40hp) burst

yes... electrical power only...

but guess what.. i bet this match would outerpass any actual existing diy ebike power!

Doc

Drunkskunk said:
Awesome. How is this different from a regular 404?

The regular 404 is smaller in diameter than the X5... that is a fact

The 5404 is exactly the diameter of an X5.. or 5304.. but the stator and magnet are 1cm wider

Doc

Doctorbass said:
.... i bet this match would outerpass any actual existing diy ebike power!
Doc

Hey Doc, I know one of us who has been running that size diameter and width stator, but with 1/3rd the wasted copper on the end turns for over 2 years now, and guess what, I also have a hubbie with a larger diameter stator that is 50mm wide. :shock: :twisted:

Imagine putting a 70-80lb backpack on your back and riding your bike, and then you'll realize the load my bikes have to deal with. I just never liked going very fast on 2 wheels, so even when I used to ride a motorcycle I didn't really ride any faster than I do on my ebike. 8)

John

Hi!

Doctorbass said:
Lowracer,
I'm writing between your lines...

I look at the pics you posted.. and i realize that the rim you laced the hub motor on is the same as the zero MX motorcycle have right?.. the same as ypedal have in big quantity!.. 44mm width... right? The rim(StarsCircle-Rim) has got a width of 37mm and comes from the bmx sector. For the bigger nipples the holes are drilled out a little bit!
If so what was the spokes lenght you used?.. they appeat to be 11 or 12 gauge right?
The spokes has got diameter of 2.3mm a lenght of 75mm!!!
I bought the motor(500€) with the option(80€) spoked in a solid 20inch BMX rim with solid spokes..... Here it is, excellent work! But I would recommend you to buy the motor with the spoked rim, because the rim is about 1cm offset from the middle!

and.. if that motor is weighting 12kg and have wider stator and magnets than the 5300 serie...... than where they removed some mass???? :?:
I don't know really, but I have seen that the middle fixed to the axle is only 2cm! :roll:

Doc

Regards, Lowracer

Doctorbass said:
My imagination is working now....

hmmmm !..

36 fets 4110 controller

+

X5402

+

nanotech lipo

=

probably 30kW burst ( 40hp) burst

yes... electrical power only...

but guess what.. i bet this match would outerpass any actual existing diy ebike power!

Doc

Take parallel to your LiPO double layer caps, called "boost caps" or "super caps"...
In a "power surge" they can give you the needed 1000s of AMPs for the first 3seconds!
You can change the "Bootstrap" or "Charge Pump" cap(low ESR) into one with more µfarads, of course the voltage must fit!!!
Because the FETs are swinging with that bootstrap cap...

I'm sure if I have converted my motor with an forced air cooler, it's pimped out up to 6kW@37V!

BUT, I see in the near future,
we all change into ELECTRIC GHOSTRIDERs and some day we ride straight into hell!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Yeah now I'm confused too. What is the magnet, or stator width of a 5304? Is it series 5, 30 mm, 4 turns? I could pop mine back open, but does anybody know already?

Looks like a great motor for guys with a big powerfull battery. Too bad the same crap axle design used on all hubmotors.

dogman said:
Yeah now I'm confused too. What is the magnet, or stator width of a 5304? Is it series 5, 30 mm, 4 turns? I could pop mine back open, but does anybody know already?

Looks like a great motor for guys with a big powerfull battery. Too bad the same crap axle design used on all hubmotors.

You are correct.

So 40 mm would be pretty grunty then eh? I thought this motor was coming only sensorless? Glad they came to the senses. This beast should have a pretty high continuous wattage rating.

Out of interest, what were the bearing like in the cover plates? did they rotate ok? or where they stiff and rumbling in the casing?

Mine (5304) motor were very tight..almost unable to turn...until I removed them from the casing...then they turned fine.

NeilP said:
Out of interest, what were the bearing like in the cover plates? did they rotate ok? or where they stiff and rumbling in the casing?

Mine (5304) motor were very tight..almost unable to turn...until I removed them from the casing...then they turned fine.

I know what you mean, that was my criticism too.
Mechanical and electrical excellent manufactured, no cheap china trash!!!
The ball bearings are 6004/ZZ pressed into steel(cover plates) and on the steel axle, it fits very strong!

Attachments

• X5.BallBearings.JPG
    X5.BallBearings.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 8,921
LOWRACER said:
NeilP said:

I know what you mean, that was my criticism too.
The ball bearings are 6004/ZZ pressed into steel(cover plates) and on the steel axle, it fits very strong!

Lowracer,

I know you probably already do that but just to remind other people that could decide to replace them by themself, When i install them in the cover, i pay attention to push ONLY on the OUTER diameter ring .. not the inner diameter ring to avoid damaging the bearing seat. :wink:

On the 5300 serie i never had any difficulty to remove a bearing in these covers. you just need a good manual press.
I replaced the bearing in my 5305 and replaced with good quality italian one... 20$ each

I just hope that these one on the new cover desing are as easy as the old gen one!

LOWRACER said:
The ball bearings are 6004/ZZ pressed into steel(cover plates) and on the steel axle, it fits very strong![/b]

I was saying the opposite. the bearings in mine were cheap china trash. and they fitted too tight in the cover plate.. They were so tight they stopped them turning properly.

The bearings in yours look like the same manufacturer as mine. Cant see from the photo , but I am sure bearing you have will have

HRB China stamped on the steel seal.

6004ZZ on one side and 6005ZZ on the other.
6005 bearings = 25x47x12
6004 bearings = 20x42x12

The hub seals:
28x 35x5
20x30x5

The Mighty Volt wrote:
Where do we get one of these?

I had an e-mail about a week ago from Thijis de Ritter at Crystalyte Europe, here is what they had in stock at the 17th Jan in 5 series:

5303 Rear disc
5302 Rear disc
5303 rear
5403 rear 1 cm wider magnets ( 4cm instead of 3 cm) so more torque
5305 front
5303 front
5302 front

They also stock 11 Gauge spokes...although not on the web site for sale

Hi Neil

You can order following 11G spokes by mail

132mm
153mm
184mm
215mm

Price 0.70 euro /pcs inclusive nipple.

If you want his direct e-mail PM me..I am not going to post it on a public forum

Back