Ebike and gasbike owners!

Haste

100 W
Hello,

Sitting at my house I have a 9c rear brushless hub motor, lyen 72v controller, 72v of 5 series lipo x 4 for 20s1p, and a icharger 1010.

Only missing a harness or 2 to complete it. I just know nothing of lipo and don't want to burn my house down, and the range will be terrible on 1 pack.

Found a nice steel mtb free at the dump. Would I be better off building a sky hawk with sbp shifter kit and be able to do 40+ and have a huge range? My last sky hawk cracked the steel murray frame so I am scared of that.. And the maintenance.

Or just build up this super torqey, maintenance free fast 72v ebike? I pretty much have everything to go. They also sell bags for lipo to charge in for safety. What's the range though on one 72v series pack of 5 series at 18.8v though? I need at least 10 miles range.

Opinions ?

Thanks!

The range to expect will vary, with controller Amp, weight, hills, wind, pedaling...

10 miles with your 5Ah is short if you are a big guy climbing a hill, but cool if you are the average guy pedaling on the flat.

Then, read the threads about Lipo care for newbies. They are safe only when you are informed and conscious. I would double the batteries to 2p, for it will give you a safe range and they will last longer if you don't risk discharge them too low.

I've had a number of 2 and 4 stroke bikes before I went electric - found that the electric was much more reliable, doesn't stink and doesn't attract police attention. Petrol bikes tend to vibrate frames apart.

Back