is there a dpdt switch that can handle 30~40 amps

jondoh

1 kW
So i'm going to be doing another build here soon. It's my 5th bike (4th motor kit). It will be a 5303, 20" wheel, 48v 40a controller and li batteries (milwaukee of course). I'm putting it on a revive-- which i guess has already been done but i bought the bike last summer.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a dpdt switch that can handle 30~40 amps. I'm planning to use it to wire my batteries so that I don't have to disconnect them from the connector blocks each and every time. While this practice is good for keeping individually cells balanced, I'm planning on eventually using 12 x v28 batteries on the revive for almost 1kwh of energy. I'd like to know if this much energy will significantly increase the practicality of the bike. It should give me a range of about 24 miles at top speed (32 mph) and about 45 miles of cruising at 20 mph.

jondoh said:
So i'm going to be doing another build here soon. It's my 5th bike (4th motor kit). It will be a 5303, 20" wheel, 48v 40a controller and li batteries (milwaukee of course). I'm putting it on a revive-- which i guess has already been done but i bought the bike last summer.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a dpdt switch that can handle 30~40 amps. I'm planning to use it to wire my batteries so that I don't have to disconnect them from the connector blocks each and every time. While this practice is good for keeping individually cells balanced, I'm planning on eventually using 12 x v28 batteries on the revive for almost 1kwh of energy. I'd like to know if this much energy will significantly increase the practicality of the bike. It should give me a range of about 24 miles at top speed (32 mph) and about 45 miles of cruising at 20 mph.

use a 4pdt 20A that you parallel the contact and that will give tou 40A

search on this forum about 4pdt.. you will find my post.

here is one like i've bought for 5.55$: http://cgi.ebay.com/4PDT-Toggle-Swi...ryZ11644QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Doc

Jondoh, Will you be using the Milwaukee connector blocks as before? I can't find them on the internet. BTW do you know if they are available for the V18?

I will be using milwaukee batteries again. It seems that the connector blocks are available only from milwaukee tool. You have to call them directly:

I called this number: Phone: 1-800-729-3878

and ordered: 22-56-1729

It seems that the connector blocks are for v28 and v18 are very similar. I would call them to see if they're compatible.

Jondoh

Back