Kinni420 wrote:So i took a good look at methods post and his site.
great price, great kit, just have a few questions for him and will PM him here after this.
gonna go with the 18s2p setup for this kit (2810R 72v with the 40A upgrade you suggested dog.) Any further condiserations? (torque arms etc?)
Got the marin bike for $16.11. Its too small for me(17 1/2"), needs a different gooseneck so I dont feel like im gonna fall over the front will post a decent pic in a bit here.
BTW since it hasnt been mentioned yet. For the above battery set up can you reccomend a charger and anything else I might need to keep these batteries running at best maintenance? (outside of anything in the kit?)
also, any idea of shipping times for batteries?
Hi Kinni -
I bought essentially the "wife kit" from Methods (Patrick) and I'm working on getting it installed on a recumbent. Some comments I'll make:
- I got the 25A controller. It can handle up to 88V. I plan to use it with 18S 2-or-3P also.
- I got the mod to handle 40A. I don't expect to need that much current but we'll see.
- I bought the "beefy torque arm"
- I haven't built my battery yet, I'm experimenting and learning using a brick or two of Turnigy LiPo. I bought a Hobby King "iCharger 106b+" balance charger. It will charge up-to a 6S brick. You can parallel all your bricks on that one charger and it will run at up to 250W.
- When I've got a battery I'm happy with, I may buy a small bulk charger and keep it at work for quick, simple pack charges to finish out the daily commute
- It took me a little over 2 weeks to get the LiPo bricks I'm playing with from Hobby King's "International Warehouse".