Help with first build?????

Scratch1973

100 mW
Hi everyone. Im new here and in the process of my first build and ran into a small problem. Im trying to put together a all mountain electric bike, Im trying to stay pretty basic with it being my first build and all. I had purchased a 78v 3500 w system and a 2011 trek scratch 8. Problem is that being new and uneducated to all this turns out that the dropouts on the scratch 8 pretty much won't work with the hub motor unless I cut them. Believe it or not I actually got it to work( don't ask me how) but in all reality it's not workable cause taking the wheel out when need be turn into a nightmare. I just was wondering if someone could help me with a question. I wanted to pretty much scrap this project and just take the kit I have and put it on a different bike. I was looking at more of a dh bike, a 2007 demo 8. I have just about everything figured out as far as placement of the batteries and controller I just need some help with the dropouts on that particular frame and if the motor with drop right on the axle so I can just make up some torque arms and be good to go. Just need some help with that , don't want to get into the same mess I had with the scratch without cutting up the frame so I can have the option to resell the bike. Any help would be much apprieciated. Thanks. Mike

A "78v 3500w system"! Really? Where? Make and model?

The dropout job on the Demo is not easier than on a Scratch, but the ride is much better and make it worth every hour that you will spend on it. :wink:

Back