Currie or Unite?

Need way more info to help.

For what purpose?

With what gearing?

To what wheel size?

With what controller/battery?

And which version of each motor?

Probably other questions I can't think of offhand.

Quality primarly, which one will last longer with regular usage!!

For what purpose? Entry Level 48V 1KW electric alum. mountain bike front suspension only, that will get me around town and some slight hills. 2.5'ish nobby tires on it, disc brakes, 26" tires.

With what gearing? Figure that out when I get there. It spins at 3K rpm, so I guess I need to get it around 600rpm or so. Just some motorcycle sprockets. Mounted under seat/rear rack.

To what wheel size? 26" Disc Brakes

With what controller/battery? 48V Battery, Lipos from Hobby King, Controller will be from a scooter parts store online $60 here is what it says "Maximum current 30 Amps. Under Voltage protection 41 Volts. Current limiting feature prevents controller and motor damage due to over-current conditions. Under voltage protection feature prevents over-discharge and extends battery life. Compatible with all standard 3-wire variable speed hall-effect throttles."

And which version of each motor? I dont really care, all I am looking at is 48V 1KW.

I don't know about their hub motors but their brushed geared motors are Unite. My 16xx and My18xx are for sure. Mongoose also uses Unite geared motors.
otherDoc

Back