Another ebike shop in Perth what's going on?

Modbikemax

1 kW
I have just become aware of another ebike shop starting up in Perth. I am pretty sure it wasn't there a month or two ago.

http://perthelectricbikecentre.com.au

It's closed today but will be checking it out next Saturday.
It's an off shoot of a Melbourne based company.
I wonder if the ebike industry is starting to believe their own hype, retail is pretty dead in Perth at the moment due to a down turn in mining. It's a pretty tough time to be starting up a business in what can best be described as a niche market.
I hope they do well.
I can see a plethora of cheap e bikes hitting the used market in a year or so when uncared for batteries start to need replacing.

I had a look in the window today. They have a couple Bosch mid drives I would like to have a go on.
I suspect they will take off like a scalded cat then cut out at 25kph. :cry:
It's a nice shop and easy to get to.

It was worth the trip, I picked up an all original vintage 80s Puch road bike for $10 at a garage sale on the way back. :D

I visited Perth Electric Bike Centre today and Nathan kindly gave me a ride on a Bosch mid drive bike.
It was pretty flawless as you would expect from a $4000 bike. I only got to ride it around the carpark and got up to 30kph.
It was refreshing to find it was not speed limited like the Specialized Turbo I rode a few months ago.
I was told it is a non street legal model. It had plenty of power and I just found myself going for higher and higher gears.
It had about 7 but only really needed one.

He was pretty busy so I did not want to pester him for another ride.
The shop is well worth a look with plenty of choice and they seem to know their stuff.
If I wasn't into building my own I would buy one of their bikes. Prices ranged from $2.5k to $4.5k so a bit more affordable than the Turbo too.

perthelectricbikecentre.com.au

Back