Anyone from Palm Beach Co, FL?

avoleoo

10 W
Hi guys, I was wondering who else is building bikes in Palm beach county, would be super cool to see other projects as well.

Montague Paratrooper
Upgraded 8T MAC
48v20ah - custom laptop cell battery

Im in Martin Co. Just ordered a new hub kit, first time build for me. First post for me too lol.

Cant wait to go through the build. Mind sharing how you made your laptop battery? Got any pics?

20140318_212040_Android.jpg

Its build based on two 6s10p modules, each module is being charged separately, there is no bms. Every time I charge it, it gets balanced with balance wires.

20140118_172517_Android.jpg

Here is the process of testing cells. I just hook up the cell and let my charger do a charge and discharge cycle and write down capacity, then assemble them as needed.

I never charge over 4.1v and never discharge over 3.5v, works super great. I never ride more than 15miles per ride so battery gets discharged maybe only 40%, to be honest it's too big for my needs. I'm building another smaller one.

Amazing. My geek level is far below yours, but I like what I see.

Gonna sell the bigger one once you build a smaller one?

Here is the bike pic.
20140608_122405_Android.jpg

Not sure about selling it, it took me over two months to assemble one, omg, that was hell of the work, super time consuming! I want to keep it for longer trips or second bike.

wow thats a nice bike. I can imagine Palm Beach being a nice place to ride. Theres sidewalks everywhere. Up here you are limited to the bike lane a lot, and thats just too dangerous at speed.

I have been reading a lot about using laptop batteries in a pack. Seems like a good route to take to limit weight.

Yup very light. I would like to see if I can build battery into the frame, but don't want to take this one apart. You are welcome to come over and test is out.

You might check with FreakBIkeNation, WPB chapter. I can't remember but there might be some electrics in their membership (most are just custom-built pedal bikes).

Orlando Fl. here, custom GNG mid drive. Been looking for some locals for awhile.....
:D

I'm still planning on the being at the "Green Market" this Saturday. Our downtown area has around 8 miles of waterfront sidewalks to cruise along. Tri Rail has a station about a mile away, making a trip up accessible for our members as far south as Miami.

I hope migueralliart shows...like to see if his torque arm would work on my build without interfering with any of the attach points.

wow, I've never had any problems with cops in downtown, interesting.. There is an issue with segways riding on paths and city is about to ban them, so cops are keeping an eye on ev's. Is it really visible that your's is an electric?

Hi guys if anyone is interested I am selling both of my ebikes in west palm beach, fl
Polaris Vector and Montague Paratrooper with 8t mac an 48v44ah batteries

20150223_154417_Android.jpg

Back