First build - Vector (e-kross) frame

herbalizer404

100 mW
Hi everyone,

Like some of you already know, I'm about to start my first build. I've already chosen some components with help from Hyena and Rix (thanks again) also I'm still hesitating about some (many) others. Maybe you can help me about these ones. :D

Bought:
(not many :D)
- Vector frame (aka e-kross), from here
- Crystalyte H4065 from here
- Throttle with 3 speeds, and regen switch from here
- 5spd freewheel from here
- rear rim 19x1.60 from here
- 11/12g spokes from here
- Rear tyre 2.75-19 Kings tire K 966 from here
- DNM USD-8 fork from here
- DNM rear schock 220mm from here

Not sure:
(For my first build, I want kind of plug and play setup, i'm not so familiar with wires welding etc)
3 different configurations:
1st:
- Adaptto mini-e controller + bms + coil from here
- 6 x 4S2P 30C LiFePo4 Pack from here (I decided to take lifepo4 to take less care about voltage stuff and less danger for an electric noob like me).
Questions:
- The plug for throttle and brake/regen seems not to be a JST plug, is there some adapters to avoid welding stuff.
- Do you think this model of battery pack will fit with bms adaptto? I mean, possible to connect each JST battery pack connector on JST bms socket without build complex wiring?

2nd:
- Adaptto mini-e controller without bms and coil.
- 72V10ah Battery including BMS + external charger from here
Questions:
- The battery seems heavy but could avoid complex wiring?

3rd:
- Infineon 18fet IRFB4110 from here
- CAv3
- 72V10ah Battery including BMS + external charger from here
Questions:
- Isn't the Infineon controller more plug and play with other standard connectors, I mean JST etc? (even I would prefer an adaptto for sure)

Not decided at all:
- headset
- brakes
- crank + freewhell + speeds etc

Thank you

Hey herbalizer,

I'm also going to build an ebike using the ekross frame. I currently have a hardtail ebike and will be using those components on the new bike. This is my current setup and it has been reliable:

Batteries: Headway Lifepo4 48v 15aH
Fork: Marzzochi Bomber (Rock shox is also really good)
DD Hub: Crystalite HS35
Controller: Lyen 12FET controller (highly recommended controller)

I reach 35MPH with no issues.

new parts here :)
file.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150212_212501.jpg
    IMG_20150212_212501.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 3,391
I went with the adaptto bms and 4s packs very easy compared to my lyen no bms and 4s packs, trust me throttle control is great lyen cant do that (so its very jerkey), I will never buy a controller again while there are products like this just easy and works great.

Back