Electric Rider Triangle Frame Battery Bag

mlt34

100 kW
Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 3.22.00 PM.png

http://www.electricrider.com/triangle-battery-bag-for-ebikes-p/bag-triangle.htm

Looks like there's a new player in town, and this one is American. Anyone have any info or experience with the new Electric Rider triangle bag? Looks pretty big - they've got a picture up on the site with the bag holding a 72V15AH NMC split pack and it seems like there's room to spare for a controller and some other goodies. Could probably hold a pile of lipo.

I've got one on the way to try out, I want to see how it compares to other options. It would be nice to have a US supplier of a big triangle bag. I've got a couple 72V20AH NMC packs to throw at it :twisted:

Looks very nice, the main thing you need is there, lots of wide velcros. Not just two or three across the top.

Looks like ER improved their sla carry panniers too. Good for them!

The battery pictured will fit the bag laid on a table but in most frames the front depth is restricted by the frame size.

I just got mine in. The top straps look to be about 1.5 inches wide. Also I didn't realize it but the zipper is the waterproof kind that seals itself behind a layer of plastic... I'm sure there's a technical name for it. I'm not sure what it is but I know it's on my hiking backpack and it keeps water out!

More pictures and tests to come... It's late now and I just got off 26 hours of international flights...

Yes, it would take a large triangle to fit that bag.

So I've been testing the Electric Rider triangle frame bag for about 6 weeks now and I've writen up a full review here: http://www.ebikeschool.com/review-triangle-frame-battery-bag-by-electric-rider/

The summary is that this is the biggest triangle bag I've seen so far. Great straps, quite sturdy, modular padding, nice water resistance and good wire exit ports. The sides could be a little more padded like the EM3EV bag, but other than that, it's an awesome piece of gear. Some teaser pics:

Fits this giant framed Townie:
towniewithERbag.jpg

And also fits with a little persuading in this weird framed fat bike:
fatbikewithERbag.jpg

This triangle bag comes in large, medium and small and only cost 15 bucks on ebay.

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 3,002
coolbreezz17 said:
This triangle bag comes in large, medium and small and only cost 15 bucks on ebay.

Yea I did a review of that bag a while back as well: http://www.ebikeschool.com/review-ibera-triangle-bicycle-frame-bags/

The large size is the only size that is usable for batteries. The medium will fit maybe a 9 or 12 fet controller. It's meant for holding your wallet and keys.

And the electric rider bag fits about 4 times the volume of those bags. Plus those bags are super narrow as they are meant for regular bikes, not ebikes.

They are cute little bags, don't get me wrong. But there is just no comparison with serious ebike specific bags.

two bags.jpg

mlt34 said:
coolbreezz17 said:

Yea I did a review of that bag a while back as well: http://www.ebikeschool.com/review-ibera-triangle-bicycle-frame-bags/

The large size is the only size that is usable for batteries. The medium will fit maybe a 9 or 12 fet controller. It's meant for holding your wallet and keys.

And the electric rider bag fits about 4 times the volume of those bags. Plus those bags are super narrow as they are meant for regular bikes, not ebikes.

They are cute little bags, don't get me wrong. But there is just no comparison with serious ebike specific bags.

Yeah I can see that being a problem for some people though it fits my LiPo batterys fine with lots of room left over. Large Measurements 16x17x11 medium 12x13x8 I guess it matters the size of your controller and what kind of batteries you're using And the amount of batteries.in fact it's too big for my bike because of my full suspension.My controller will be mounted to the frame of my bike to manage heat better.So it won't be put inside the bag. But that's basically because I'll be pushing 60V at 3000w and would not want something like that heating up in a bag with my batteries.I actually prefer it to be narrow wouldn't your legs rub on the bag if it was too wide?In the long run I definitely will be fabricating a case that will mount to my water bottle bracket.You obviously have more experience than me so not discrediting anything you say.Thanks for the review and info.

Very good idea to keep that controller out of the bag. At that power, you'll definitely want good airflow on it. I hide away controllers on bikes less than about 500 watts, but anything more than that and I like to keep them out in the breeze.

There is something to be said for narrow bags so they don't rub on your knees, that's true. For lipo like you have, that's a good bag because you don't need anything more than about 2.5 or 3 inches. That's the beauty of lipo bricks - modularity.

For bigger monolithic ebike batteries like most li-ion and NMC type packs, they'll be around 3-4 inches thick, which is where the ER bag shines. I actually used the large size ibera bag with a 48V10AH battery for a while and it worked, but it was just a tight fit. Of course, putting square shaped objects in triangle bags tends to have that problem :lol:

mlt34 said:
Very good idea to keep that controller out of the bag. At that power, you'll definitely want good airflow on it. I hide away controllers on bikes less than about 500 watts, but anything more than that and I like to keep them out in the breeze.

There is something to be said for narrow bags so they don't rub on your knees, that's true. For lipo like you have, that's a good bag because you don't need anything more than about 2.5 or 3 inches. That's the beauty of lipo bricks - modularity.

For bigger monolithic ebike batteries like most li-ion and NMC type packs, they'll be around 3-4 inches thick, which is where the ER bag shines. I actually used the large size ibera bag with a 48V10AH battery for a while and it worked, but it was just a tight fit. Of course, putting square shaped objects in triangle bags tends to have that problem :lol:

Yeah you're definitely right on that. I don't think it would fit Vary well with the lifepo4 .And idefinitely be hard if you add a controller in there.

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 2,842
The side by side pic above is comparing it to a small Ibera bag. The large Ibera has 2 zippers and 3 top straps like the other guy's pic above.
The ER bag looks better built but for 15 bucks shipped the large Ibera is a nice starter bag. ER bag is over 70 bucks shipped, at least to where i live.

oobagooba said:
The side by side pic above is comparing it to a small Ibera bag. The large Ibera has 2 zippers and 3 top straps like the other guy's pic above.
The ER bag looks better built but for 15 bucks shipped the large Ibera is a nice starter bag. ER bag is over 70 bucks shipped, at least to where i live.

It's actually the medium, but you're right that it's not a large with the double zipper. I didn't have one loose and on hand. You're spot on about the Ibera large size being a good starter pack.

coolbreezz17 said:
I don't think it would fit Vary well with the lifepo4

Believe it or not I actually got a Ping 48V10AH pack to fit. If it was a millimeter bigger in any direction, I don't think it would have closed :wink:

[youtube]mCW2dLrYaXg[/youtube]

Back