CA Cities Permitting e-Bikes Under CVC 21207.5

JimAtLaw

1 µW
Does anyone know of a list of municipalities that expressly permit the use of e-Bikes on bikeways, trails, etc. as required under CVC 21207.5? The only ones I know of offhand are the city and county of Santa Cruz (where I live, and that's not a coincidence...).

A law is someone else's delusion. Enjoy beautiful SC and anywhere else you may wish to peacefully enjoy riding.

If someone chooses to harm you while peacefully enjoying your bike ride, they are the one doing wrong. Forgive the harm they cause through ignorance, pay the ticket or whatever if you like, and continue doing the right thing unperturbed.

No amount of droplets of ink, no matter how tediously arranged through reams of wasted cellulose fibers will result in more than a pile of fibers and ink.

Speeding tickets ended speeding? Drug prohibition ended drugs?

Or did it just coax some fraction of the least ethically rooted folks to stack additional and often substantial harms onto people's lives, and call it a profession?

Choose what's right at each moment. If you can find a less harm causing rapid transportation solution that poses lower risks to others, share it with us.

Otherwise proudly ride your ebike, and proudly and peacefully accept whatever may come.

Nobody else can be the change you wish to see for you. Enjoy life!

I ride multi use trails in my New Mexico town all the time. Signs went up a few years back, prohibiting anything at all with a motor.

Absolutely nobody minds, because I don't ride those trails like a jackass. Many years ago, I did have issues with a few people. They were the jackasses, always insisting that all bikes should not be on the trail, and wanting to walk 3 or 4 abreast. I'd pass them slow as hell, but they always got pissed that they had to move aside for 2 seconds. Just three bitches.

Along with the no motor signs, signs went up saying don't cover the whole trail walking 3 abreast. :lol: Most now do walk or run more to the right.

Bottom line, don't piss off the walkers, and cops have much better things to do. One exception, state park chotas, campus cops, and other deputy dog types with nothing better to do. I'm not sure an ebike would fly in some places, like the pacific beach, or venice beach boardwalk crowds. Look for empty sections of trail to ride, where there won't be cops just watching the trail for drunk a holes.

Back