Dayton 800w (1HP), 36V DC Planetary Gear Motor, good choice?

fabieville

100 W
In relation to this motor the Dayton 800w (1HP), 36V DC Planetary Gear Motor, 500 RPM. See link below to get the specs:
http://www.ejwinter.com.au/electric-motors-c273/dayton-800w-1hp,-36v-dc-planetary-gear-motor,-500-rpm-p464/

I am planning to build a mid-drive ebike using this motor equip with a 30ah or 40ah 36v lifepo4 battery I want to know the approx. top speed i will get out of it on a flat terrain on a 26" mountain bike with a 160lbs rider using a 11T-34T gear block.

You don't have to be precise I just want to have an idea. My goal is to achieve at least 26mph on my ebike with very good hill climbing ability that is why I choose mid drive.

It sound about right, assuming that the 3200 rpm is the motor speed, not the output shaft.

6.7:1 reduction ratio takes it down to 477 rpm, so with a 48T chainwheel, you get a crank-speed of about 100 rpm.

in relation to the last post if i get 100rpm at the 48t chainring running to the smallest block on the gearblock is 11T how much rpm i would therefore get using that gear and what is the approx mph i would get on a flat terrain with a 160lbs rider??

About 32 mph with a 26" wheel, but that's with the wind behind you. 25mph would be more realistic on the flat, but that's just an educated guess.

In relation to what is written in this thread, if i replace the 1HP 800watt dayton motor and use (2) 24v unite 350watt my1016z gear reduction brush motors with 14t freewheels powering from a 24v 40ah lifepo4 battery would i get similar speed/torque? Please note that the unite motors have similar specs like the dayton in regards to motor speed rpm and rpm at gearbox output. The (2) unites are connected in parallel and is govern by a 1000watt 24v brush controller. I'm kinda confused, i dont know if i should keep the existing unites that i have or upgrade to the single 36v dayton also i wonder if i use 2 separate 1000watt 24v brush controller to power each motor would i get more speed or torque because currently i realize that one of the motors are doing majority of the work. It heats up far more than the other. Plz tell me what u think.

Back