Electric bobber bike

Love it.

That's a trip, somebody has a water jet cutter, but not a welder for aluminum. All bolted together. 10 on the art scale, but a 2 at best on the strength scale.

Definitely a one off, though the cutter likely could rip out more of the plates easy.

dogman dan said:
That's a trip, somebody has a water jet cutter, but not a welder for aluminum. ..
Looks like he doesn't have a bender either, nor any much tools... Maybe not even a can of paint :mrgreen:

MadRhino said:
dogman dan said:
That's a trip, somebody has a water jet cutter, but not a welder for aluminum. ..
Looks like he doesn't have a bender either, nor any much tools... Maybe not even a can of paint :mrgreen:

not even a brillo pad to wipe the plate aluminum numbers off....

still... looks cool. good job... decent design(for bolting together plates) and great looks... winner in my book. I like it. :mrgreen:

Thing to do with that thing, is polish it with a fine grinder. The 30's look overlapping fish scale look, like the Spirit of St Louis had on the few parts that were metal. Might be stronger than it looks, I just thought it looked possibly bendy on the forks, and rear stays. Might wobble if it can flex enough. Fine for low speed, but I was thinking how it might ride at 50 mph.

The Tri-Cruiser by Sid Gowdy in the US is also aircraft Alloy bolted together. I had one and I lasts a long time, and is still around. Remember that ultralight aircraft are bolted together too, so this type of construction is well developed.
otherDoc

Hi guys!

BigBoy is our bike.
www.bigboy.com
https://www.facebook.com/bigboy.bike

Thanks for the interesting :)
Right! Water Jet Cutted Aircraft Alloy...
Total weight is 51kg (with everything)
52V 40Ah batt.
Crystalyte tc4080 motor
custom made controller with 12MOFS
Downhill bike components
Regen brake
26 wh/km with 90kg's rider
distance with 1 charge is 80-110km (tested)
More then 20 bikes on the road ...

Guess high speed wobble is not an issue then, if you made 20 of them. 8) I just thought it looked like it could be a possibility with that fork.

Hi Bigboy.bike,

I have seen a few others use this style of manufacturing for bikes, but yours looks heavier than most. What thickness material is that?

cjh said:
Check out the Swiss-Cruiser.
http://www.swiss-cruiser.ch/swisscruiser.html

8)
[youtube]Jd9pcaHiYQY[/youtube]

[youtube]b_Rav7dCXEI[/youtube]

Back