Compare HPC to Stealth

Ottodog

100 W
Any thoughts on one of these HPC XC bikes versus the Bomber? It's about two grand cheaper and 60 pounds lighter and actually beat the Bomber on speed and climbing tests (not surprising with the huge weight difference). Talked to the owner of the company today and he seems like an honest enough guy. You can get a fully outfitted one for less than 8 Grand. Very tempting... I like the form factor a lot. It looks like a normal bike and might be less conspicuous.

2fkLpsj4YPXRS8rXLdNe6J8J9sJxg0.png

Website: http://www.hi-powercycles.com/2015-hpc-xc-series-full-suspension-electric-mountain-bike/

• Full suspension Mtn Bike with 26" Alex Rims and Rockshox front and rear
• 4500 watt thermally protected Crystallite Motor with Crystallite Controller (18x IRFB 4110 Mosfets and 11g silver plated phase wires)
• Cycle Analyst V2.3
• Battery: 13 Ah - 60 AMP discharge
• Schlumpf Drive (see description below)*
• Top Speed 45mph+
• Total Weight 64 Pounds
• 3 speed button for quickly switching between on-road and off-road (if a cop hassles you)
• Includes free Lighting upgrade - 2500 Lumen ShadowCaster System
• Price: $7859.00 w/Free Shipping

From their Website: http://www.hi-powercycles.com/2015-hpc-xc-series-full-suspension-electric-mountain-bike/

The XC-2 is a high-end full suspension E-bike. The XC-2 is a highly spec'd full suspension that delivers conquering performance whether on flat ground a bumpy single track or steep downhill descent. The XC-2 features front and rear 180mm Tektro E-Comp hydraulic disc brakes with e-brake cutoff 5.5" of frame travel a Rockshox Revelation RL Solo Air Suspension Fork with lockout and 150mm travel and a full 30 speed SRAM X9 drivetrain featuring matching X9 Shifters and Derailleurs front and rear a Cane Creek 40 series sealed cartridge bearing headset and a Truvativ Fireex crankset and GXP bottom bracket. This is a fantastic buy for someone who craves a truly high end bike with unsurpassed quality and attention to detail. The XC-2 is available with power systems ranging from 1000W-5000W! As a new for 2014 option the 5000W system will deliver world beating power and acceleration and is the fastest commercial electric bike you can purchase (other than our own Revolution X!) The XC-2 is in another stratosphere compared with other commercial e-bikes.

* Another exciting feautre for the 2015 model year is the addition of the incredible Schlumpf High Speed Drive! This amazing plantary geared crankset allows you to mulitply your sprocket size by 2.5x! This means you can have a medium 34T sprocket click a button and immediately have the pedal power of an 85T crank. This means you can actually pedal the bike and help the motor along at speeds up to 50 MPH (4000W+ systems). It is truly an astonishing feeling! The Schlumpf High Speed Drive is standard on the HPC XC ELITE.

HPC XC-2 versus Stealth Bomber, Speed and Climbing Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RDMeoqApnM&feature=youtu.be
Link to Bike: http://www.hi-powercycles.com/2015-hpc-xc-series-full-suspension-electric-mountain-bike/

Ottodog

I just can see that frame and components coping well at 50mph
End of the day hpcs are just bolt on kits to a normal mountain bike from what i can make out
But id have a test ride mit b good
Only 13 ah though :(

You can't compare anything about that bike to a Bomber or Fighter. Just know you get what you pay for. You get a Stealth because you want the best bike you can get ready to ride. You get the other bike if you want to pay way over top dollar for a commercially built bike that is sub par to most home builds.

You could save a few grand building a way better bike with better parts your self but do what makes you happy otherwise what's the point?

Tom

Ottodog said:
Any thoughts on one of these HPC XC bikes versus the Bomber? It's about two grand cheaper and 60 pounds lighter and actually beat the Bomber on speed and climbing tests (not surprising with the huge weight difference). Talked to the owner of the company today and he seems like an honest enough guy. You can get a fully outfitted one for less than 8 Grand. Very tempting... I like the form factor a lot. It looks like a normal bike and might be less conspicuous.

Website: http://www.hi-powercycles.com/2015-hpc-xc-series-full-suspension-electric-mountain-bike/

• 4500 watt thermally protected Crystallite Motor with Crystallite Controller (12x IRFB 4110 Mosfets and 11g silver plated phase wires)
• Cycle Analyst V2.3
• Top Speed 45mph+
• Total Weight 64 Pounds
• 3 speed button for quickly switching between on-road and off-road (if a cop hassles you)

From their Website: http://www.hi-powercycles.com/2015-hpc-xc-series-full-suspension-electric-mountain-bike/

The XC-2 is a high-end full suspension E-bike. The XC-2 is a highly spec'd full suspension that delivers conquering performance whether on flat ground a bumpy single track or steep downhill descent. The XC-2 features front and rear 180mm Tektro E-Comp hydraulic disc brakes with e-brake cutoff 5.5" of frame travel a Rockshox Revelation RL Solo Air Suspension Fork with lockout and 150mm travel and a full 30 speed SRAM X9 drivetrain featuring matching X9 Shifters and Derailleurs front and rear a Cane Creek 40 series sealed cartridge bearing headset and a Truvativ Fireex crankset and GXP bottom bracket. This is a fantastic buy for someone who craves a truly high end bike with unsurpassed quality and attention to detail. The XC-2 is available with power systems ranging from 1000W-5000W! As a new for 2014 option the 5000W system will deliver world beating power and acceleration and is the fastest commercial electric bike you can purchase (other than our own Revolution X!) The XC-2 is in another stratosphere compared with other commercial e-bikes.

* Another exciting feautre for the 2015 model year is the addition of the incredible Schlumpf High Speed Drive! This amazing plantary geared crankset allows you to mulitply your sprocket size by 2.5x! This means you can have a medium 34T sprocket click a button and immediately have the pedal power of an 85T crank. This means you can actually pedal the bike and help the motor along at speeds up to 50 MPH (4000W+ systems). It is truly an astonishing feeling! The Schlumpf High Speed Drive is standard on the HPC XC ELITE.

HPC XC-2 versus Stealth Bomber, Speed and Climbing Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RDMeoqApnM&feature=youtu.be
Link to Bike: http://www.hi-powercycles.com/2015-hpc-xc-series-full-suspension-electric-mountain-bike/

litespeed said:
You can't compare anything about that bike to a Bomber or Fighter. Just know you get what you pay for. You get a Stealth because you want the best bike you can get ready to ride. You get the other bike if you want to pay way over top dollar for a commercially built bike that is sub par to most home builds.

You could save a few grand building a way better bike with better parts your self but do what makes you happy otherwise what's the point?

Tom

I don't know... I think you are just reacting emotionally. Looks at the parts on the Stealth and then look at the parts on the HPC. The HPC has equivalent or better parts and is faster and lighter. The only thing the Stealth has that's noticeably "better" is the Frame and quite frankly, it's way overkill for my needs and it's way too heavy for my kids to ride. I can appreciate your loyalty to your brand, but jeez, let's at least try and be objective here... There's a lot to like about the Stealth but there's a lot to like about the HPC as well. I'm still open minded. 8)

Ottodog said:

/

• 4500 watt thermally protected Crystallite Motor with Crystallite Controller (12x IRFB 4110 Mosfets and 11g silver plated phase wires)
• Cycle Analyst V2.3
• Top Speed 45mph+
• Total Weight 64 Pounds

In the video, they call that a 2012 bomber, but the frame is pre 2011. In fact, that's the generation frame after the frame designed for Headway Cells. Also that bomber runs week, my Bomber in stock trim would run 55-56mph with 24MTB wheels with me weighing in at 260 pounds and fully tucked. My thinking is the Bomber in this video had an older and tired battery, and it was being compared to a new HPC battery, controller with updated software programing. In fact, if this comparison was done with the original battery in the Bomber, it was at least 2 years old or older when the video was made because that is not a 2012 bomber. If you think the HPC cycle is as tough and reliable as the Bomber, no fuqn way. Now for some objectivity. I am partial to Stealth, always will be. However, I have recommended to 4 four home builders in the past to use the HPC 78 and 90volt battery as its set up for plug-n-ride and they didn't have any experience with building harnesses for a custom lipo pack, nor did they have the grasp on monitoring and safely bulk charging lipos and care needed for safe operation. Long story short, I quite recommending HPC battery kits because everyone I referred to them, had problems with their packs, 3 were BMS related and the other guy, I don't know. In HPC's defense, they did repair/replace all of the faulty packs, but there was a lot of down time during the process. One guy, in Chicago, even went as far as sending them his whole assembled Phasor with instructions for HPC to resolve the issue and set up his bike to work, he paid for said service. This was feasible as the guy owns his own shipping company. The likelihood of having these kinds of issues with a Stealth is way way way less. Did I mention way way way less? Sometimes, Stealth has a problem for the user straight from the factory, its rare though, and Stealth backs repair/replacement with no questions asked when inside of the warranty period with no mods done by the original owner.

You can't compare that bike to anything in the stealth range. The HPC revolution, sure, and it actually looks pretty cool, but not that bike.
It's much more like many of the DIY builds ES members here have made and you could do it yourself for much less. It's basically an XC mountain bike with a high powered conversion kit on it. Whilst I'm certainly not trying to solicit sales or self promotion, this is an example of something similar - one of my kits on a XC type bike. 5000w with a 12ah battery and $2500. All up, with a brand new bike you could make yourself something similar or better for $4000 USD
https://www.facebook.com/hyenaelectricbikes/photos/pb.580249262062360.-2207520000.1429057196./752553824831902/?type=3&theater

For $8000 it's at least a purpose built ebike frame or GTFO! :)
If you want a turn key bike you can collect locally either buy the stealth or if you like HPC get the revolution. But for the sake of an extra $500 odd you'd be an absolute mental case to buy the above mtb.

Yeah. I just got off the phone with the owner of HPC and he said the same thing. That the videos were really old. They actually have a NEW video using their newest 5000 watt motor and battery and it beat the Stealth by an even larger margin. The top of the line batteries they use now use Prismatic Cell Pouch technology and from all I've read, that's the best you can get. He also said I could upgrade to the 5000 watt motor for another $300.00. Which is actually a little larger than the motor the Stealth uses. It has that new Schlumpf drive that has the equivalent of an 82 tooth chain ring in the front so you can actually continue pedaling up to 50 mph. THAT would be cool. :lol:

Certainly not dissing the Bomber in any way. I damn near bought one, but I think the HPC is simply a better fit for my needs. It's a hell of a deal at 8 grand. I can do a lot with the $2000.00 that I'm saving. ;)

Hyena said:
You can't compare that bike to anything in the stealth range. The HPC revolution, sure, and it actually looks pretty cool, but not that bike.
It's much more like many of the DIY builds ES members here have made and you could do it yourself for much less. It's basically an XC mountain bike with a high powered conversion kit on it. Whilst I'm certainly not trying to solicit sales or self promotion, this is an example of something similar - one of my kits on a XC type bike. 5000w with a 12ah battery and $2500. All up, with a brand new bike you could make yourself something similar or better for $4000 USD
https://www.facebook.com/hyenaelectricbikes/photos/pb.580249262062360.-2207520000.1429057196./752553824831902/?type=3&theater

For $8000 it's at least a purpose built ebike frame or GTFO! :)
If you want a turn key bike you can collect locally either buy the stealth or if you like HPC get the revolution. But for the sake of an extra $500 odd you'd be an absolute mental case to buy the above mtb.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Bomber. As I said, I was seriously considering buying one. Got "this" close, but there were some things that really bothered me about it too. For one, I'm gonna be using this on and off road. The Bomber looks more like a motorcycle than it does a bike and I worry about the Cops giving me a hard time.

Secondly, the weight... 120 pounds is just too heavy for my teenage daughter to be able to ride safely. The HPC is only 62 pounds while also being more powerful and faster. It's pretty hard to deny it's a hell of a buy. The parts on the HPC are as good and in some cases better than the parts used on the Bomber. That's just a fact. I'd much rather have that badass Schlumpf drive over that heavy 9 speed gearbox on the Stealth.

HPC certainly doesn't have the same cachet as the Stealth line to be sure, but I really don't care about any of that. For me, it's a much better deal and looks more like what I wanted in an electric bike. The Bomber is crazy cool, but it does tend to stand out like a sore thumb. I didn't relish all the questions and people asking me how much it cost. With the HPC I can just say I put a kit on it. ;)

Why not this one?
http://www.hi-powercycles.com/hpc-revolution/

You are crazy if you buy that "bike with a bag"

Some old and mixed recordings, sorry only one camera angle!
[youtube]KKIB0sMlfoQ[/youtube]

Allex said:
Why not this one?

You are crazy if you buy that "bike with a bag"

For one thing, their whole stock sold out immediately, and they won't have any more frames for 6 weeks. Secondly, it's the same problem that the Bomber and Fighter have. It looks too much like what it is. A very high powered motorcycle/bicycle. I showed it to my wife and kids and virtually everyone like the looks of the HPC better. It's way less conspicuous. I or one of my kids will be riding this bike the streets as well as the dirt and I don't need to have the local cops start giving them a hard time.

I like the HPC. I think it's cool as hell and I've gotten over the whole "bag" thing. I used to hate them too, but it's a necessary evil if you want a big battery and a bike that still looks like a bike. Their bag is also a lot narrower between your knees than the frame on the Stealth bikes. So there's more clearance for pedaling. I noticed on the Stealth I rode, that I had to pedal kind of splay legged, so that's a plus for the bag... ;)

Allex said:
Why not this one?

Some old and mixed recordings, sorry only one camera angle!
[youtube]Yd2C5KcEXbY[/youtube]

Man... That looks so freaking fun. Did you speed those up? :D :D :D

Yeah hella fun, I start to miss the bike, I sold it you see.
The video is at 100%, no speeding.
Need to find something new now.
Bag or not, I think both bikes looks like high powered bikes so if the cops stops you you are toast anyway :)

Ottodog said:
Ottodog said:

• Cycle Analyst V2.3
• Top Speed 45mph+
• Total Weight 64 Pounds

litespeed said:

Tom

I don't know... I think you are just reacting emotionally. Looks at the parts on the Stealth and then look at the parts on the HPC. The HPC has equivalent or better parts and is faster and lighter. The only thing the Stealth has that's noticeably "better" is the Frame and quite frankly, it's way overkill for my needs and it's way too heavy for my kids to ride. I can appreciate your loyalty to your brand, but jeez, let's at least try and be objective here... There's a lot to like about the Stealth but there's a lot to like about the HPC as well. I'm still open minded. 8)

hey man you are gonna get a lot of brand loyalty on this thread. It's cool..people believe in the Steath as they should. Its the best out there. Does that make it the best for you not sure. If you are doing hardcore off road I wouldn't get that HPC (I've been to the factory and ridden some of their bikes. They are good for what they are). If you fell that could really screw up the battery, electrical components etc. Is the frame designed for that much weight and the bike suspension designed for that much sprung weight? I highly doubt it. Is the bomber and fighter the end all be all hell no… I love my bomber there is nothing like it. I ride hard off road if you don't some of these comments won't apply ..Can it be made better yes. The stock "suspension" is a joke. It needs the moto rear for the amount of power and the weight of the bike. They go through rear tires like water. The brakes are not nearly where they should be and need to be modified to work 1/2 decent. The motor weighs a ton and screws with the suspension….

I really could go on BUT… and this is a huge one.. There is simply nothing else that compares to a stealth. The only bike that comes close is the optibike. What it comes down to is decide for yourself what you want to use it for.
The places you can go, the way you can ride, the range the flat out stupid grin on your face….I wouldn't trade it for any other bike out there thats why I say……
BOMBER BITCHES!!!!!!!!

1abv said:
hey man you are gonna get a lot of brand loyalty on this thread. It's cool..people believe in the Steath as they should. Its the best out there. Does that make it the best for you not sure. If you are doing hardcore off road I wouldn't get that HPC (I've been to the factory and ridden some of their bikes. They are good for what they are). If you fell that could really screw up the battery, electrical components etc. Is the frame designed for that much weight and the bike suspension designed for that much sprung weight? I highly doubt it. Is the bomber and fighter the end all be all hell no… I love my bomber there is nothing like it. I ride hard off road if you don't some of these comments won't apply ..Can it be made better yes. The stock "suspension" is a joke. It needs the moto rear for the amount of power and the weight of the bike. They go through rear tires like water. The brakes are not nearly where they should be and need to be modified to work 1/2 decent. The motor weighs a ton and screws with the suspension….

I really could go on BUT… and this is a huge one.. There is simply nothing else that compares to a stealth. The only bike that comes close is the optibike. What it comes down to is decide for yourself what you want to use it for.
The places you can go, the way you can ride, the range the flat out stupid grin on your face….I wouldn't trade it for any other bike out there thats why I say……
BOMBER BITCHES!!!!!!!!

Lol. I can appreciate that and I knew I'd probably take some push-back in this thread. I fully understand the loyalty. Stealth products have a great reputation and are known to be bullet proof. I tend to be very brand loyal myself. I just don't quite need what the Stealth would give me. If I were a true hard core off roader you bet I'd go for it.

As it is, I'll mostly be riding it on road and at camp grounds with packed trails etc. Kind of an "urban commuter" with off road duties. I think for that scenario the HPC fits the bill a little better for me. The lighter weight is definitely a big plus and it doesn't stand out as much to Law enforcement. I do appreciate all the input here and this in no way is meant as disrespect for the Stealth. It's awesome. There's no two ways about it. Probably should start a new thread for the HPC once I get it ordered.

Ottodog said:
For one thing, their whole stock sold out immediately, and they won't have any more frames for 6 weeks.
OK I'm going to suggest you're crazy for a second time. You say you're keen to save $2000 over buying the bomber but will would turn around and spend $8000 on something inferior just because there'll be a 6 weeks wait ?? If you want a converted mtb with a bag for the above reasons that's fine but paying $8000 for it is mental. If you want a bike that looks like a mtb you've just thrown a bag on (which it is) then just do that!

Lastly, unless she has dirt bike riding experience I wouldn't be throwing a teenage girl a 5000w bike of any description...

And yeah, sounds like your mind is made up - check out the general bike discussion and also the other pics and vids threads, you'll get lots of ideas you can copy or utilise.

Hyena said:
Ottodog said:
For one thing, their whole stock sold out immediately, and they won't have any more frames for 6 weeks.
OK I'm going to suggest you're crazy for a second time. You say you're keen to save $2000 over buying the bomber but will would turn around and spend $8000 on something inferior just because there'll be a 6 weeks wait ?? If you want a converted mtb with a bag for the above reasons that's fine but paying $8000 for it is mental. If you want a bike that looks like a mtb you've just thrown a bag on (which it is) then just do that!

Lastly, unless she has dirt bike riding experience I wouldn't be throwing a teenage girl a 5000w bike of any description...

And yeah, sounds like your mind is made up - check out the general bike discussion and also the other pics and vids threads, you'll get lots of ideas you can copy or utilise.

Go back and re-read my post. Yes they are sold out, but I wouldn't have bought one anyway. It's not the form factor I'm looking for. The cops around here know what a Stealth Bomber is and they'd surely target me. Plus, I'm a 55 year old guy and tbh, I'd feel a little silly riding something like that around. It's more of a young man's bike I feel.

As far as price, I think it's a better deal than the $10k Stealth. I'm getting a faster, lighter, bike that still looks like a bike and it costs $2000.00 less. I could build another whole e-bike from a kit with that money. Certainly not trying to sell you on anything since you've already laid down your money and love your bike. This is for anyone else like me that may be considering the Bomber or the Fighter but don't quite need all that heavy duty weight that comes with them. There's room in this World for both schools of thought. 8)

Ottodog you do realise the Fighter only weighs 34kg (75lbs), so only a few kg heavier than that HPC crap.
Based on what you are saying, I would suggest re-visiting the Fighter as it's both cheaper, lighter and looks less like a motor bike than the Bomber.
It also has similar features to that HPC where it counts plus bigger capacity battery with more range. It may not have the same top speed, however with the higher top speeds you loose out on range anyway so that HPC would drain it's smaller battery down in no time if you ride it flat out anyway.

If your going to compare that HPC to a Stealth, even just for your personal preference, at least get the facts right on component comparison. You've incorrectly said the HPC has better this and that, but I'm yet to see you call out any particular parts to directly compare them.
For one thing, the HPC is running off a 12Fet controller, where as Stealth use an 18Fet and pushes less peak power. Which one do you think is going to be more reliable and generate less heat?

Cheers

Hyena said:
Ottodog said:

He just doesn't get it and cant be convinced elsewise.

Cowardlyduck said:
Ottodog you do realise the Fighter only weighs 34kg (75lbs), so only a few kg heavier than that HPC crap.
Based on what you are saying, I would suggest re-visiting the Fighter as it's both cheaper, lighter and looks less like a motor bike than the Bomber.
It also has similar features to that HPC where it counts plus bigger capacity battery with more range. It may not have the same top speed, however with the higher top speeds you loose out on range anyway so that HPC would drain it's smaller battery down in no time if you ride it flat out anyway.

If your going to compare that HPC to a Stealth, even just for your personal preference, at least get the facts right on component comparison. You've incorrectly said the HPC has better this and that, but I'm yet to see you call out any particular parts to directly compare them.
For one thing, the HPC is running off a 12Fet controller, where as Stealth use an 18Fet and pushes less peak power. Which one do you think is going to be more reliable and generate less heat?

Cheers

I looked really hard at the Fighter, but I didn't like the 24 inch wheels and the smaller, less powerful motor. It's got a 3500 watt motor and the HPC has a 5000 watt motor and yet the HPC is still 11 pounds lighter. As cool as the Fighter looks, It still looks much more like a motorbike than a bike, and I'm for something a little less conspicuous and flashy. I'd prefer to blend in a bit more than a Bomber would let me. You know damn well everyone's first question is going to be "how much did THAT cost?". ;)

As far as specs go, based on what limited information that Stealth gives you, the HPC does indeed have some better parts than the Stealth, but to be fair, most on par with each other. The controller for the HPC 5000 watt motor is also a Crystallite 18 Fet controller just like the Stealth and that's what I'll be getting. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't the exact same one. In the tests I saw the HPC bike did significantly better on energy usage than the Stealth for the exactly same distance and hills. The HPC has a better battery too. It's a 13 Ah battery and the Fighter has a 10 Ah and the HPC uses Prismatic Pouch Cells which are superior to the LiFePO4 that Stealth uses. The Schlumpf drive is superior to the gear box on the Bomber as well. It's a very nice bike that is in many ways superior to the Fighter and the Bomber. They both have their place, but you need to acknowledge that not everything about the Stealth product line is what everyone wants. If they were I'd have bought one. The money was my last consideration.

Ottodog said:
I looked really hard at the Fighter, but I didn't like the 24 inch wheels and the smaller, less powerful motor. It's got a 3500 watt motor and the HPC has a 5000 watt motor and yet the HPC is still ten pounds lighter. As cool as the Fighter looks, It still looks much more like a motorbike than a bike, and I'm just not a fan of that style nor are my family members who will be using it.

As far as specs go, based on what limited information that Stealth gives you, the HPC does indeed have some better parts than the Stealth, but to be fair, most on par with each other. The controller for the HPC 5000 watt motor is also a Crystallite 18 Fet controller just like the Stealth and that's what I'll be getting. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't the exact same one. The HPC has a better battery though. It's a 13 Ah battery and the Fighter has a 10 Ah and the HPC uses Prismatic Pouch Cells which are superior to the LiFePO4 that Stealth uses. The Schlumpf drive is superior to the gear box on the Bomber as well. It's a very nice bike that is in many ways superior to the Fighter and the Bomber. They both have their place, but you need to acknowledge that not everything about the Stealth product line is what everyone wants. If they were I'd have bought one. The money was my last consideration.
You might want to double check where your getting your info from as some of what you just posted is flat out wrong.
You talk about the motors like the watt rating makes the motor what it is, but that's not how it works...I'm pretty sure that HPC runs a Crystalyte HS4080...which is the exact SAME as the Fighter. Sure, the HPC is pushing more power through it, but that is just a figure derived of the higher voltage they run which also gives the higher top speed.
Also, take another look at the Fighter specs...it has a 20AH battery, not 10AH as you say.
http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com.au/stealth-fighter.html

The Fighter also uses a Schlumpf, not a gear box like the Bomber. And you can't say it's 'superior' to the gear box...that statement has no basis and you are comparing Apples to Oranges. The Schlumpf has 2 gears...the Bombers gearbox has 9!

I suggest you stop regurgitating marketing crap, and actually do some research.

Sure, go buy the HPC, but you'll just be feeding into the success story of marketing, not anything to do with a quality product.

Cheers

Ottodog said:
Cowardlyduck said:

Cheers

I looked really hard at the Fighter, but I didn't like the 24 inch wheels and the smaller, less powerful motor. It's got a 3500 watt motor and the HPC has a 5000 watt motor and yet the HPC is still 11 pounds lighter. As cool as the Fighter looks, It still looks much more like a motorbike than a bike, and I'm just not a fan of that style nor are my family members who will be using it.

As far as specs go, based on what limited information that Stealth gives you, the HPC does indeed have some better parts than the Stealth, but to be fair, most on par with each other. The controller for the HPC 5000 watt motor is also a Crystallite 18 Fet controller just like the Stealth and that's what I'll be getting. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't the exact same one. The HPC has a better battery though. It's a 13 Ah battery and the Fighter has a 10 Ah and the HPC uses Prismatic Pouch Cells which are superior to the LiFePO4 that Stealth uses. The Schlumpf drive is superior to the gear box on the Bomber as well. It's a very nice bike that is in many ways superior to the Fighter and the Bomber. They both have their place, but you need to acknowledge that not everything about the Stealth product line is what everyone wants. If they were I'd have bought one. The money was my last consideration.

First of all if money is your highest consideration why the hell would you spend $8k on something that costs $5k? Because that is what you can build for $5k?
A few other things... The 2 speed Schlumpf drive is better than the 9 speed sequential gearbox in the bomber? Now I have heard everything! Also, the battery is 18Ah in the bomber with a 5200w motor. The new motor on the Fighter is 3700w.
If this is all about saving money DO NOT buy that hpc piece of crap. As I have already said, you can buy the exact components they use and put them on a far better bike for under $5k.

Cowardlyduck said:
Ottodog said:
I looked really hard at the Fighter, but I didn't like the 24 inch wheels and the smaller, less powerful motor. It's got a 3500 watt motor and the HPC has a 5000 watt motor and yet the HPC is still ten pounds lighter. As cool as the Fighter looks, It still looks much more like a motorbike than a bike, and I'm just not a fan of that style nor are my family members who will be using it.

You might want to double check where your getting your info from as some of what you just posted is flat out wrong.
You talk about the motors like the watt rating makes the motor what it is, but that's not how it works...I'm pretty sure that HPC runs a Crystalyte HS4080...which is the exact SAME as the Fighter. Sure, the HPC is pushing more power through it, but that is just a figure derived of the higher voltage they run which also gives the higher top speed.
Also, take another look at the Fighter specs...it has a 20AH battery, not 10AH as you say.
http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com.au/stealth-fighter.html

The Fighter also uses a Schlumpf, not a gear box like the Bomber. And you can't say it's 'superior' to the gear box...that statement has no basis and you are comparing Apples to Oranges. The Schlumpf has 2 gears...the Bombers gearbox has 9!

I suggest you stop regurgitating marketing crap, and actually do some research.

Sure, go buy the HPC, but you'll just be feeding into the success story of marketing, not anything to do with a quality product.

Cheers

Not sure where you're getting your info then... I just copied and pasted the battery info from the link you gave:

ELECTRICAL
Motor Type : Brushless DC
Type : LiFePO4
Battery Capacity : 1.0kWh
Recharge Time : 2 hours
Charge : Standard 110-240V

The 5000W motor is wound specifically for 90V operation and features a 40mm stator/magnet stack and is air cooled with temperature sensors. Standard for all motors are 150A continuous gold plated phase connectors and a 100A rated gold plated battery and controller connections.

As far as researching my facts, I think I've shown here that I have. It's unfortunately a fact of the Internet that some of you seem to be blinded by your love for your bike and the $10k you shelled out to get them. Understandable, but not very mature and I have to say, there's no call to call another manufacturers products "crap" when they are using a lot of the very same vendors for their parts. That's just childish and petty and shows a lack of intelligence. it's great you love what you bought, but just because someone buys something else, doesn't make your choice "wrong". So stop being so defensive. It just makes you look insecure. In reality, the HPC 5000 watt bike will absolutely destroy a Stealth Fighter. It's got a 40mm stator/magnet stack and has way more power. They are both made by the same company and I suspect are much more alike than different. Either way, I posted this to aid anyone else looking for a high powered e-bike. There aren't many choices and I think it's good for people to have all the information they need to make an educated choice, rather than just go along with the crowd simply for the sake of not ruffling any feathers. There's room for another high end super bike and i for one am glad there's an option available that better suits my needs.

Cheers.

Also, as cowardlyduck has said, the hpc bike and the figher have the exact same motor! The increased power is just them jamming more voltage through it! Hey, if you put a 100v system on the Fighter and push 80amps through it you'll get 8000w out of it! Don't get confused by the numbers.
1kwh does not equal 10Ah. I think you are also getting that confused.

26vs24 inch wheels? Really? Most people here put 17 inch wheels on so does that mean they are really really bad? No, it doesn't.
Again, don't listen to the hpc guys marketing spin.
Have you ever wondered why they don't have a presence on the number one electric vehicle forum?

You are also very wrong in thinking everyone here is stealth biased. Most of the people that have weighed into this discussion own/make other bikes. Hyena for example is the main importer for Raptor frames yet he is still telling you to get a stealth over that hpc.
I bet you own beats headphones and have an iphone as well? Lol.

00Tj said:
First of all if money is your highest consideration why the hell would you spend $8k on something that costs $5k? Because that is what you can build for $5k?
A few other things... The 2 speed Schlumpf drive is better than the 9 speed sequential gearbox in the bomber? Now I have heard everything! Also, the battery is 18Ah in the bomber with a 5200w motor. The new motor on the Fighter is 3700w.
If this is all about saving money DO NOT buy that hpc piece of crap. As I have already said, you can buy the exact components they use and put them on a far better bike for under $5k.

Wow. I'm beginning to see a pattern here... You completely misunderstand... I said "cost was my LAST consideration". In other words, cost is my lowest priority. I just wanted the best I could get in a form factor that still looked like a bike with Kit rather than a full on purpose built motorbike. The Schlumpf drive IS superior. It basically allows you to pedal at speeds up to 50 mph + and eliminates the need for a derailleur! You just kick it with your heel and BAM! THAT is a significant improvement over any standard chainring. It's also MUCH lighter weight than that 9 gear "gearbox" they use on the Bomber which requires a twist shifter on the handles bars.

As far as building my own for $5k? No way. Show me a kit that has 5000 watts, an 18 Fet controller, and regenerative braking... There is not one. Just the donor bike alone with full suspension and this level of parts would run about $4k. You can't just buy this motor (nor the Stealth motors either) off the shelf, They are specially made for these high power applications.

00Tj said:
Also, as cowardlyduck has said, the hpc bike and the figher have the exact same motor! The increased power is just them jamming more voltage through it! Hey, if you put a 100v system on the Fighter and push 80amps through it you'll get 8000w out of it! Don't get confused by the numbers.
1kwh does not equal 10Ah. I think you are also getting that confused.

26vs24 inch wheels? Really? Most people here put 17 inch wheels on so does that mean they are really really bad? No, it doesn't.
Again, don't listen to the hpc guys marketing spin.
Have you ever wondered why they don't have a presence on the number one electric vehicle forum?

You are also very wrong in thinking everyone here is stealth biased. Most of the people that have weighed into this discussion own/make other bikes. Hyena for example is the main importer for Raptor frames yet he is still telling you to get a stealth over that hpc.
I bet you own beats headphones and have an iphone as well? Lol.

Wrong again. They are not the same motor. Cowardlyduck just kind of pulled that out of his ass, lol. I spoke to the owner at HPC and the 5000 watt motor is specially made just for them by Crystallite with a larger (40mm) stator and magnet stack. There IS no standard Crystallite motor with these specs. Period. HPC also ran each of the prototype motors at full power for THREE MONTHS and these bad boys are absolutely bullet proof. Not a single one has come back defective since they began using them. Reliable as hell, just like the Stealth. ;)

The 5000W motor is wound specifically for 90V operation and features a 40mm stator/magnet stack and is air cooled with temperature sensors. Standard for all motors are 150A continuous gold plated phase connectors and a 100A rated gold plated battery and controller connections.

Back