This weekend's progress:
I added some items, like a seat, and motor mounts... I also (Finally!) managed to create a spindle adaptor for the freewheel gears on the motor spindle. I can't tell you how much farting arund that required, to come up with something that would (a) work and (b) meet my standards of durability/reliability. It involved purchasing a freewheel tool and milling it so it would fit on the motor shaft... no mean feat.
Having sat in the thing and rolled around (wheelchair style), I realized I would need to revise 2 things:
(1) I can't have a steering wheel. It would make mounting/dismounting too hard... even harder than getting in and out of a Porsche 993.
I will instead use dual contol arms, one on each side. I need to get some 3/4 inch electrical conduit and bend it into the appropriate shape. No place to get it today, so I'm done for the day.
(2) I need some sort of guard that will keep my legs from getting broken by the oncoming tricycle should my feet slip off the pedals. I will also fabricate this guard in such a way that I keep my cuffs, and flesh, out of the sprockets. I need a chainguard too...
So I'm getting closer. I want this thing ready for the Powderhorn Park May day parade... I don't know if I'll make it, but I'm pushing hard.