Re-sealing DNM USD 8

RobboCop

100 mW
Hi all,

I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct part of the forum to ask this, but as its not an e-bike specific technical question I figured it was better off in general.

I have noticed from looking around on the forums that one of the most popular forks on purpose built e-bike frames is the DNM USD-8. They are also on the bike I have myself recently purchased. However, one of the forks is leaking oil reasonably badly and I have been unable to find a seal kit specifically for these forks after a few days of searching. I will admit that I am new to performance bikes though, so it is certainly possible that I have just been looking in the wrong places. Then I more or less gave up and went direct to DNM to ask where I could get replacement seals. They replied:

"Hi Mr Robinson,

We don't provide service kits at this moment. sorry for inconvenience.

Thank you for supporting DNM suspension.

Best Regards"

The best I could find was some people saying that 'seals should be easy as I think they are just 35mm stanchions but as for other parts who knows'.

As they are in relatively common use here and many of you use your bikes for pretty hard riding I would expect that some people on here would know for a fact the seals I need and also volume of shock fluid required to replenish.

Can anyone tell me definitively that generic 35mm stanchion seals will do the trick? How much fluid I should be inserting in each side on refill? and any other advice from personal experience (maybe a trick to disassembly, or a good guide for air pressure settings, etc)?

Thanks in advance!

-Robbo

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id53.html

35mm fork seals are not hard to find, cheap and much better ones than the originals.
The dust wipers for the Shiver might not be a perfect match, but can be fitted on your fork pretty easy.
The oil seals are standard 35mm, Enduro Seal makes them very durable.

The DNM is not a popular fork. See Marzocchi, Fox, Rock Shox...

Robbocop have you replaced those seals and how did it work out?

I may want to rebuild my USD-DNM 8 fork.

If you haven't seen someone wrote up a good web page article about opening up these forks.

http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com/forums/topic/dnm-usd-8-fork-review-and-mods/

I bet RISSE suspension can rebuild them or steer you in the right dir just do a search RISSE Racing From what I have read DMN forks are mabey a step above my zoom forks .

Back