New Brushless motor for airplane 60kW

Doctorbass

100 GW
I had a hobmate that sent me this link for a powerfull brushless electric motor kit.

The compagny is called: Yuneec International

http://yuneeccouk.site.securepod.com/PowerMotor_Tech_spec.html

PowerMotor001.jpg

opening0013.jpg

This come with a complete system they call: The World’s First ‘Plug In and Fly’ Electric system – Power Drive

The DRIVE:
controller.png

The MOTOR:
motor.png

The LIPO BATTERY:
Battery.png

Doc

Yuneec are doing OK. I saw their earlier motor fly around a year ago on a paramotor (there are other threads on here with the details, down in the electric aircraft section, that go back 18 months or so) and it runs OK. I vaguely know one or two of the people who have been involved in the development on the Western side with Yuneec and they've generally taken a pretty sound approach to getting a reliable system.

Certainly their paramotor design looks set to be a winner. It's been around long enough for the bugs to be well and truly ironed out, although the endurance isn't comparable to a conventional paramotor by any stretch. The big motors are still in development as far as I'm aware, only the smaller units are in limited production at the moment.

Jeremy

I'm really impressed with the Yuneec e430 (see here). Targeted as a light sport plane, designed to sell for under $100K. Very impressive tech.

wanders

Olaf
At first, I have very bad opinion about Kelly controllers, my collegues are engineers and they have some bad experience with Kelly controllers, the main thing is that they use small power controller scheme for big ones ant it's very bad.
other thing is that it can work with 144v, and motor needs 300v for better performances.

Linas

I found a video of it running..

Watta Real nice sound!!! 8)

[youtube]sKOJ8UzUnYs[/youtube]

Doc

Back