My Razor E100 ---> Brushless

BladeScraper

100 mW
What do you get when you have a bored teen in his room, a broken E100, a spare 4025 RC helicopter motor, a spare 100A ESC, and some 3s batteries?

This.

-Scorpion HK4025 740Kv (way too fast)
-HobbyWing 100A Platinum Pro V3 with Governor (governor is amazing, speed is constant)
-Servo Tester
-7.2Ah 3s LiPo (5Ah and 2.2Ah in parellel)

Pretty nice little thing. Motor gets hot as heck (180F at least) but it has TONS of power and lots of acceleration (even with soft start on the ESC)
This thing absolutely HAULS up hills. I can put the throttle to 60-70% and have a nice slow hill climb, or I can just go wide open throttle and just haul straight up the hill... its seriously impressive. :) Not as impressive as some of the builds I've seen here, but, impressive considering how not-very-big the electronics are ;)

I put my watt meter on it and it says I got a peak of 1041 Watts. :shock: Which is ~85A.... motor max amp rating is 65A :shock: no wonder its getting so hot....

I don't get much range.... I get about 1.5 - 1.75 miles before I have to recharge (batter down to 3.4 volts per cell, too low) because of the high amp draw.

I plan on going 12s on it which will increase the power and decrease the heat.

Going with the Turnigy 6374-149Kv. Will be using two 5000mAh 6s in series for a while but eventually will get four 6s 8000mAh for 16,000mAh 12s. And maybe a while after that, eight 6s 8000mAh for a total of 32,000mAh 12s. :shock: I will probably use a Castle Edge 160HV-F (fan) from Castle Creations, or a YEP 180HV ESC from HobbyKing.

I do have a question. I want to get a better tire (pneumatic preferred) for the rear drive wheel. It's worn out, and I'm willing to bet it could not handle the 5Kw+ the 6374 can crank out. I have seen the Razor E200 wheel used on here. How exactly is this done?

:)

Keith

I'm faced with a decision - I talked to Tony @ Scorpion Power Systems, and he says that I can get a custom rewind on my Scorpion 4025 to make it 150~180Kv, and also a custom 8mm shaft, for $85 plus shipping. That is a Kv geared for 12s LiPo so I would need a ~80A HV ESC. Worth it?

I'm faced with a decision - I talked to Tony @ Scorpion Power Systems, and he says that I can get a custom rewind on my Scorpion 4025 to make it 150~180Kv, and also a custom 8mm shaft, for $85 plus shipping. That is a Kv geared for 12s LiPo so I would need a ~80A HV ESC. Worth it?

Hi,

To me its strange that you get this kind of acceleration with your current setup.

I'm using a sk3 6364 213kv motor and 19/90 gear ratio and on 6s with a hk 150 esc it looses sync quite fast when i'm not gentle enough on the throttle.
On 8s with an alien esc its better but still I have to take it easy.
( http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=32426 )

About buying another motor or adapting yours I would'nt know...

cheers,

Back