My first build - Mini board - UPDATE!

CaM123

1 µW
Hey guys, after picking your brains for info I ordered some stuff and had a go at this electric skateboard building. Been thru a few different designs but have finally found something that will hopefully hold up. 3d printing the bracket didn't work. Was too flimsy and broke. Had no drill press so drilled by hand. Not exactly straight, but ok :oops: . Pretty rough in a few places but I know now what works so can replicate these parts at higher quality if I make another one. The ESC is the 120A hobbyking boat that others have trialled - it seems to be running ok generally but does the odd weird thing. Top speed according to GPS is about 31.5km/hr. This is well fast enough for its size! A few improvements to be made, but she's a runner for now :)

[EDIT]

Made up a new electronics box that will allow me to simply charge and balance the battery without ever having to open the case. I have used a D9 plug for the balancing port whilst charging, and another round socket for the actual charging plug. Attached to the side I have a little meter which shows the voltage of each individual cell and whilst turned on also balances the battery :D . One thing I haven't yet added is some sort of key switch to turn it on and off. I have a few ideas but this is the hardest part with the current these things draw!

CameraZOOM-20140711162905705.jpg

CameraZOOM-20140711175230791.jpg

CameraZOOM-20140711162928093.jpg

Cool board bro.... small wheel base is sweet fun.... my first eboard was about this size... any faster gets dangerous though.... and if you ride long distance it is not as comfortable as a longer board...

In saying all that.... my next build is a SWB single drive..... something that i can kickflip & ollie etc.

CaM123 said:
The box is just a simple lunch box that I will change for a better one -
I have been using lunch boxes too, the ones for microwave are quite resilient - lunch boxes rock
rock.gif
:p lovely built

Back