The aircraft " pou-du-ciel "

thierrylah

1 µW
Hello,

I all just register I am French and I live in Italy longtemp ago I read your forum for different electric project.

I would like to share with you a website that talks about a character who French MIGNET PIERRE freely given the opportunity to build this plane are clean thanks to plans given for free, the name of the aircraft is "lice sky" " pou-du-ciel "

http://www.pouguide.org/

Excuse me for my English "translate.google"

thierry

Bienvenue! Je pense que les anglophones appellent ce nom "Flea Sky" (Google Translate)

Welcome! I think English speakers would call this name "Sky Flea".

flyingfleapage.jpg

I was surprised at how loud electric paramotors are, lots of noise comes from the propeller. If you are looking for a noise saver you may be dissapointed. Definitely better power to weight ratio in a internal combustion craft as well. Most certainly ranks high in the cool factor however.
Where I live we have one ultralight runway in the region, and thats about it. I have always preferred foot launch aircraft like the FLPHG (foot launch powered hang glider) and PPG (powered paraglider) for this reason. Using your legs as take-off/ landing gear allow you take off pretty much anywhere you want to fly. Owning a wheeled vehicle means most of the time it's just too bumpy to try take off and land where you want to fly, and you will have to deal with membership fees and regulations. Foot launch means you can take off anywhere that is open enough. My buddy runs down his driveway and takes off from his front yard :D .

Welcome to the Sphere,
we look forward to seeing your build.

Bienvenue thierrylah!.

Doc

I'm no expert, but I think the "flying flea" as it was known quickly got (effectively) prohibited - the arrangement of main wings and elevator meant you lost control in a dive (& carried on diving) leading to a few fatalities -
yeah wikipedia "flying flea"

The Royal Aircraft Establishment in the United Kingdom and the French Air Ministry conducted full-scale wind tunnel tests, and discovered the problem. Their investigations resulted in changes to the airfoil used and the spacing of the wings to prevent aerodynamic interference. Later Mignet Flea designs incorporated these changes.[5]

By 1939, there were many improved Flying Fleas in the air, but the aircraft never completely overcame its dangerous reputation.[5]

Back