I want to make a EDF surfboard

nechaus

100 kW
Hey guys, I am really intoxicated with love for this idea < video below>
- It seems simple enough to build
-EDF's can be purchased cheap for the first build, and use more expensive units on the final build

I wanted to ask people here for there opinions and advice on how I can do this in a way where I could attach this to the board? do you think it will work? Do you think it will loose control very easily if there is a pivot system in place or it should work somewhat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YUH8PhpQ7g&list=UUsS2-6ra3p1uGpESiXZ3mhQ
[youtube]8YUH8PhpQ7g[/youtube]

I was thinking of something different as well..

Maybe I could use 4 big EDF's mounted directly to the frame, they wont move at all.. solid fixture, or perhaps just be able to adjust it so you can face the edf's up or down to vector the thrust the way you want

Then have an additional 2 EDF units placed at the front, One on the left, one on the right, Facing backwards but more on an outwards angle..
They could both be activated at low power and at more power when you need to turn left or right...
Do you think this would be more natural steering in a way? The front edf' wont need to be as beefy.. but still have enough thrust to push the board

some dr mad thrust edf units i was looking at talked of 5.8kg of thrust for 4200 watts..

So i can imagine this thing being a short running 30kwish system..

perhaps some nanotects and have about 1-2kwh worth will do the job for a short run.

I'm wanting to make some just for the giggles. Plus I think it is the best option for trying to get a powered snowboard. What size edf fans/motors do you think he is using? The surfboard would be simple, but then you pay for it with the obnoxious noise.

dirkdiggler said:
I'm wanting to make some just for the giggles. Plus I think it is the best option for trying to get a powered snowboard. What size edf fans/motors do you think he is using? The surfboard would be simple, but then you pay for it with the obnoxious noise.

not quite sure what size he is using...

Yeah Its more something id build to put up in my house for show, but now and then ill be able to rip out the jet thrusters ..
they would own any kinda leaf blower... I could use it for that as well lol

Don't know if you've already seen this or not. From a HK daily:
[youtube]tKQpHHXmWLo[/youtube]

Back