DILLENGER 350w, 36V, 10ah FRONT HUB KIT

2old

100 kW
Hi,
I purchased the above mentioned unit several weeks ago; packaging was very good with all the components protected adequately and assembly on a rigid steel hardtail with steel fork was pretty easy.
During the first two weeks I rode it on five or so excursions, exclusively flat terrain with various levels of pedaling, and enjoyed it immensely.
However, the motor developed a "miss" on the sixth ride. It would accelerate, but every couple of seconds would cut out, then "catch" and start to go again; the miss occurred at all speeds. Sometimes the motor would die completely, then start going again. I pedaled it home, recharged the battery and confirmed the problem on a very short ride the next day.
I have relayed this information to Dillenger, and while they responded promptly, the individual blamed me for the malfunctioning and stated that I'm expecting too much. I hope to be able to discuss this with someone else there; otherwise this might be a cautionary tale for anyone considering them.

Update: Convinced Dillenger that the problem was real and they're sending me a new controller. I'll report on the success of their diagnosis.

I'm assuming that kit uses the big white nylon connectors.
Ck the push-pins on the phase wire connector to make sure they are all the way in and locked.

thanks for the encouragement them.... and tech motomech; I checked all the connections once, but it's inexpensive to do it again,

HI - I had a problem noted in this thread -> http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56711&start=150

"To recap I had an intermittent stutter on the motor using throttle and/or pas. Dillinger (Sam) asked for a quick video and suspected a controller issue, asked if I could send it to them for testing. They confirmed an issue and after speaking to manufacturer in china who confirmed about 10 early units slipped through and ended up being sent out, the manufacturer requested return of faulty unit and sent a new one to Dillinger. Dillinger tested this and then sent out to me via auspost. Just stuck the controller in and all works a treat. I've missed this bike...."

I can confirm my replacment controller looks very different inside to the original one. Rich

Rich, thanks; they said that my controller was at fault too after seeing a video of the "error code". Should have a new controller on the way. Bob

Waited several days, then asked Dillenger if I could have the routing information for my replacement controller. They said no, but that the controller "had been sent". Waited several more days, then since the time was almost expired for me to make a claim with PayPal, I initiated one. I'll let you know whether Paypal offers the protection they promise when the matter is resolved. It seemed to me that Dillenger was trying to stall until the 45 day limit for claims with PayPal was exhausted. Meanwhile I am without an ebike, and probably will be if the controller ever arrives since (I THINK) the battery is the offending parameter.

The key to getting service from Dillenger may be living in Australia where they're located. The controller they "sent" to me never arrived.

i bought a 1000w rear wheel kit from them, and had the same problem,after getting no help from them checked out the controller myself it was fine the problem was in the bottle battery there was 3 dodgy solder joints in there resoldered them and have not had a problem since

Darryl, thanks for the information. Dillenger lied to me repeatedly so I'm attempting to get a refund through PayPal. If that doesn't work guess that I'll be into the battery/controller too.

It's pretty sad since they tout their warranty, then ignore it after the sale. Anyone considering a purchase from dillenger would be better off saving money by purchasing from China since they're more likely to have a warranty with the Chinese (although still very unlikely) than with dillenger.

Where are you located?

It says in his profile that he is in Southern California.
Op-Although I don't think you should have to, if you just want to buy a controller, here is a good one for your motor;
http://www.elifebike.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2014-3K-SPSC.5TSNR
I have used it with my old MXUS motor and it matches well. The LVC is particualy useful. It only comes with the 810 LED display, but it works well for me and it is bullet-proof. It used to be available on Ebay, but I don't see it now.
Speaking of old MXUS geared motors, it looks more and more to me, that Dillenger is in the mold of Ampedbikes. They took a generic Chinese kit, claimed they designed and refined it(in fact, they did nothing of the sort)and marked it waaaay up.
I think Ampedbikes is out of business and hopefully Dillenger will follow suit.

Motomech, thank you for your help. I'm biding my time to see what PayPal does. If they support me, I'll be rid of this POC. If not, I'll salvage what I can, and definitely try the controller that you mention. It's too bad for this industry that companies like dillenger reflect negatively on it. Pedego, even with ho hum ebikes, seems to be making a lot of progress in socal with a decent product (reportedly, they have a QC person in the factory in China at all times) and superior customer service (which I've witnessed). Seems like a lesson for other aspiring companies.

2old, please message me or reply this thread with your order number so I can bring up your info.

We've since had to recall a number of controllers for this kit as there is a fault with them causing both an error and also skipping as you have experienced. Problem has since been fixed although these kits will be out of stock for a month or so while an entire production is fixed.

I'll make sure this is sorted out for you asap.

I'm sorry that tracking for the replacement controller was not provided.

Cheers,

Sam

Sam from Dillenger PM'ed me and it would seem he is trying and perhaps this one fell thru the cracks.
Having owned a motor scooter (gas) business for 10 years, I can appriciate the juggling someone in his position sometimes has to do.
Hope everything works out for all involved.

Good to hear Sam has been in touch - they did sort my issue out and were very knowledgable/supportive. The kit is performing great since I received the updated controller, although there was a delay due to issues dealing with off-shore suppliers. I'm glad it was them dealing with the issues and not me....

sam pm,ed me too,was just sucking up no help there.........i wont ever buy anything off them again......and besides its cheaper to get the kit from china direct with no battery and buy lipo,s from hobbyking save yourself $200+

yes you are only 50 mins down the freeway, non peak hr , bought this in the beginning of march,tried for months to get a result ,and only now are you doing something ,after i fixed the thing myself,truly how can you justify the mark-up on your products? you are now selling bafang 8fun mid drives for nearly 1500au the thing cost a damn sight less than that landed even with a battery ? hell you can get it shipped from china airfreight no battery for less than 500au what is that 300% mark up? if not more?

bought 2 front 1000w front hub kits and a 1 1000w rear delivered no bat airfreight for 1000au took 8 days to arrive, yours cost 825au with freight and took 5 days to go 80km of course there is no warranty just like you, but they havent shit themselves yet after over 1000km so far yours went geez must have been at least 50km before it shit itself and would not go anymore.

Back