High power Ebike build finaly over :)))

Alastor

1 kW
Hi all ,

I finally finished my second real e bike build.The concept was max 26 kilos stealthy as possible and a hell lot of power.With a lot of reading in here and the help of some people i manage to get the right equipment and build it.
I want to thanks you all for the help over the past few months i feel that i understand ebikes a little better now.

I decided to go with a torque motor configuration instead of the speed configurations out there so i ended up with a Crystalyte HT3525 on an 8speed freewheel cassette with 12gauge spokes.For the regenerative braking i am using Lyens hydraulic regeneration kit and the adjustable angle torque arm witch i will replace with Doc's ultimate TA when i get it.

I am using 18s2p (6 x 6s1p 20c 5ah Zippy's) and Lyens 12 FET 4110 Mark II Extreme Modder LYEN Edition Controller 72Volt 30-50A,I decided to go with the FalconEV Diamond Frame bag because of its great quality and large storage.

Here are the results

Attachments

• DSCN2658.JPG
    DSCN2658.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 3,282
  • DSCN2656.JPG
    DSCN2656.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 3,282
  • DSCN2653.JPG
    DSCN2653.JPG
    353.7 KB · Views: 3,282
Drunkskunk said:
Looks like a great bike. How does it perform for you?

Well its awesome if you want my opinion.I go to the mountain every day now today i made a 3 hour ride with the regeneration braking returning some of the juice to the battery while downhill.
I was surprised by the km's i was able to do with it and it was all climbing.Everything seem to work nice for now.

A dual suspension bicycle might be a little lighter on the back but i like the rigidity of a nice hard tail well build with no items bouncing around and cables run all over the place ;)The electric brake its something else in trails i can slow down smooth without making my disk brakes really hot.I am monitoring the controller and battery temperature but they didn't even got hot even if they are enclosed inside the FalconEV bag.Total differential i got was like 3 degrees max and it was like 25 calcium today.

I use 30A at the moment on 75volts and it gets like 60km/hour with the Lyen controller (55 while climbing hills).I can push the controller to 45A if i want to but i don't like to work things close to there limits.
I just want to test with it play with its settings and all and decide the best setup for my needs.

Hi, looks great! Few things I've noticed:
Are you using single torque arm on one side?
How's your charging setup like?

Rui

rui_fujino said:

Rui

Yes at the moment i use single TA but i have setup the regeneration to be in the lightest mode.I also used some heavy duty anti slip washers to ensure that the rotor stays in place and it dose.I am waiting for Doc's ultimate torque arms to replace the single arm and play with regeneration a little more.

I use a turnigy eco6 200watt charger that is hooked on my solar setup.I bulk charge the pack at 6s6p configuration and balance at 6s3p when i have to.

Alastor said:
rui_fujino said:

Rui

Yes at the moment i use single TA but i have setup the regeneration to be in the lightest mode.I also used some heavy duty anti slip washers to ensure that the rotor stays in place and it dose.I am waiting for Doc's ultimate torque arms to replace the single arm and play with regeneration a little more.

I use a turnigy eco6 200watt charger that is hooked on my solar setup.I bulk charge the pack at 6s6p configuration and balance at 6s3p when i have to.
Anti-slip as in nord-lock? (if not u should get it, only 9usd or something like that)

Your charging sounds like a lot of taking care and potential KFFs. I used to change the configuration to charge but after I got my bulk balance setup its practically plug and play! (I use 20s2p)

rui_fujino said:
Alastor said:
rui_fujino said:

Rui

Anti-slip as in nord-lock? (if not u should get it, only 9usd or something like that)

Your charging sounds like a lot of taking care and potential KFFs. I used to change the configuration to charge but after I got my bulk balance setup its practically plug and play! (I use 20s2p)

Yes the washers look like this ones but here they got a wierd name :p ahaahahah thanks for the info anyhow man ;)

Back