Electric Scoot Coupe ?

jmygann

100 kW
They say they are coming out with an all electric model.

will be interesting how they do it ??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr38/2722531969/in/set-72157594519412484/

http://www.scootcoupe.com/personal-use.html

2723357996_c794aec513.jpg

I think this is a great development. Even if the worst case scenario happens (mismanaged, bankruptcy) once this is in production, it can be bought up and put back into production. Some will say its too small, and others too big, but I think this is the perfect base model for a loop-hole filler.

I'd give it a roll-back cloth top like the Citroen 2CV:

26-citroen-2cv.jpg

There is/was a similar trike with a roof called a Tango .....

tt-TestPicture1.jpg

Lots of reverse trikes or tadpole trikes out there ... just pick your size ... I just favor the side by side model ... like the Aptera

i may be mistakening, but aren´t these yellow coupes available for rent since years now in san franciso ? i believe they run on a predefined route and have a somewhat interactive tour guide with gps onboard.

A year ago I researched making something like this. With all the different suppliers of parts, it would virtually snap together. There has been a boom in ATV's, and that is what I would use for the front steering, independent suspension, and disc brakes. I would buy a small motor cycle for the street registration and the rear swingarm.

The Honda Rebel 250 has a longer than average swingarm (its "cruiser style") that would allow an ETEK/Agni to mount right onto the swingarm. Both the front half and back half can be found cheap with a fried engine. The only truly custom part is the plastic body, and the faired recumbents pages show several methods for making a body this size by various methods in your garage.

If I was buying a scooter I'd get a 150cc, but to carry two people in traffic, I'd get a 250cc

I rented a 2-stroke powered ScootCoupe while on vacation with my family in Captiva a couple of years ago. Though the max speed limit on the island is limited to 35 mph max and traffic is very light, the machine is a deathtrap IMO. Put about 5 miles on ours before I returned it and ate the $130 daily rental fee. Looked cool and thought it would be fun but not around full size vehicles who's operators treat you more as a nuisance than vehicle traffic.

scootcoupe.jpg

"Deathtrap"!?...thats a bold statement with no details! Please add what you felt was most lacking. Brakes weak? Accelleration weak when pulling into traffic?

As a "loophole" vehicle, its just a safe/unsafe as a 2-wheeled scooter. A survey of local teens convinced me that the popular dirt-cheap 50cc scooters were very dangerous due to weak brakes and weak accelleration, but the owners of 150cc scooters with dual disc-brakes sounded happy. For myself, I prefer tandem dual seats (front/rear, not side-by-side) and I want aerodynamic storage on the sides as a crush-zone for side impacts.

I would love to produce these as a 250cc with an electric option (perhaps a hybrid by custom order?). SLA-battery base model, with a lithium upgrade option. Do you know if you were in the 50cc or the 150cc version? (for a single gas engine I would use a 250CC, but for a gas/electric hybrid I would use the 150cc)

IMO its a fools game to ride the machine among full-size vehicle traffic. Its relatively low to the ground and not very visible from the driver's seat of many automobiles. Within just a few miles of riding in light traffic, it was obvious other drivers either had a difficult time noticing us or plain just didn't care.

Ours was the 50cc version and could easily exceed the 35mph max speed limit on the island. Brakes left a little to be desired but that may have been a maintenance issue. Though it appeared to be equipped with suspension both front and rear, it seems to be riding on the bump stops the entire time I drove it. Again maybe a maintenance issue.

someone could think that a good rear swingarm cushioning and a low center of gravity by lots of batteries in a sandwich-design floor storage conpartment ( slide them in and out at the front of car when needed) would make a nice and also sporty setup for an electric 3-wheeler and also gasser concepts.
this vehicle could easily be towed in behind campers and a special parking rail system using the power of the drive wheel with a tranasaxle and winch could allow for parking it vertically to almost 90 % so a singular fullsize paring booth/ garage as found with most appartments and houses could easily story this over the winter.

if making a full electric version it would be awesome to make all 3 wheels teerable, steered by a joystick and steering logic that modulates steering angles of both axles and all 3 electric hubmotors according the vehicle speed. this way you could have great cornering ability on higher speeds and the vehicle could potentially turn on a spot at walking speed thus making it a great shopper car.

I believe it has a swing arm

I would like to have just the frame and suspension for a project but looks like I will have to build my own ....

maybe like this ...

3758469323_552b3085dd_b.jpg

this looks like a wider-wheelbase 2-seat version of a "twike" with a more agressive front steering setup ?

I rented one of these as part of a group in san francisco a few times over the last 2 years. Here are my observations:

good for the highway, never
good for a 35mph road, yup.

the 50cc motor actually took this thing up some of those san francisco hills albiet at 5mph at the top of some of them.

I was able to scare the hell out of my wife by going full throttle down a hill, up to about 50, it was a bit twitchy but we lived to tell about it.

I am currently building (among other things) a 250 single seater i.c.e. trike. take a look at tshtrikes.com

If you used a rear hub-motor (Clyte 53XX?), you could use the chain-drive sprocket for the ICE. Downgrade the engine to 150cc, and only use the electric for accelleration. Batteries would recharge during the 90% of the trip that used a stable cruise speed. Not hard to do and would make you a star.

I say death trap!

they show 2 small "adults" in the car. this thing would never be seen where im at. big jacked up 4x4s would crush this thing in an instant, and not have a clue as to "what that bump was?"

needs a flag at least, and a cage, and spikes, and....

im all for EVs, but not at the cost of lives.

I am thinking the same dimensions but as a electric assist pedal trike

Back