What is the real name for the Xlyte hall connectors?

NeilP

1 GW
Just trying to order some of the Xlyte connectors, the so called "5 pin mini XLR " connectors as shown on the Xlyte website
http://www.crystalyte-europe.com/home.php?cat=264
Ep-MINIXLR-M-150.jpg

they refer to them as Mini XLR, but if you search for that term on any electronics supply sites you get;
http://www.trewaudio.com/store/product.php?productid=142

image.php

I want to avoid buying from Xlyte Europe as they do not seem particularly reliable or knowledgeable

So anyone know what these are really called? or maybe a supplier part number for RS components, Farnell, Mouser etc?

To me, it looks more like the "military" or "aircraft" Cannon-brand connectors, only in chrome. But I don't know what it really is.

I did some searching a few weeks ago. I couldn't find the female version so just used another type of connector.

This is the reply i got from Justin:
It's been a few years since we stopped carrying those I'm afraid. It's not a legit "mini-xlr", rather it's a chinese knock-off of the japanese tajimi connector.

Lyen, carries that type of connector, Also ebikessf sells them.

it is called the mini xlr. I guess its just an ebike version. IDK

I like them, i use them for my throttle , 3 speed switch and halls. They fit better in a small wire harness.

Woops , i just seen your in the UK so i dont know if this would be help to ya.

Looks like I will have to order from Xlyte Europe, expensive once they add extreme shipping price
USD 4.35 each and USD 15 for postage of 4 of them, plus 20% European sales tax, which I am not liable for, but they will not remove!

I will try some of our avionics engineers at work, see if they recognise them

you can solder the hall sensor leads too if the installation is permanent. same for the phase wires. you can still change a flat if you leave enuff slack to get the wheel off.

Yea, but with my build, I have to take batteries out, remove torque plates, a major operation.
Plus I have started using these connectors and have a standard pinout I use on all controllers, with any lead swaps a the motor end.
I want to keep the same system if possible, for easy swap and change as and when needed.

I have ordered these plugs before from someone, but can not remember who

Neil - It does take up more room than a mini xlr plug, but my solution to the problem is that I just put an anderson 45 on each hall wire (being such thin guage wire I fold up the end of the wire and solder into the plate/crimp to make it sturdy), this has the added advantage that I can configure the halls into a unique five shape, and that way it plugs in an out of the usual partner. But when I go to interface a different controller with a different bike or a friends motor or controller, the hall configuration can always be easily changed. As I said, it does mean you end up with a hall plug that is effectively almost double the size of a mini xlr, but it allows you total plug and play between any configuration of controller/motor. I have a large collection of controllers and motors and friends with such, so for me that is a massive advantage, and worth the extra cm of bulk. Just a thought.

Yes, another good solution..but now I have settled on this one it would be a pain to change

Damned if it doesn't look like the Canon Plugs on the old Bell 205 (UH-1E) Huey helicopters. Don't know what they use these days but that is a close cousin if not the same type connector.

Yes, someone else mentiononed cannon earlier, was not sure if they were referring to military or the camera manufactirer..now i understand :)

NeilP said:
Yes, someone else mentiononed cannon earlier, was not sure if they were referring to military or the camera manufactirer..now i understand :)
If you're referring to my post:
amberwolf said:
To me, it looks more like the "military" or "aircraft" Cannon-brand connectors, only in chrome. But I don't know what it really is.
I guess I could have been slightly more clear which one I meant. ;)

Yes, that was the post, I was viewing on the iphone...and scrolling back up is a pain to quote exactly:)

Back