Your Creation's Before & After Pics

This was what my bike looked like when I bought it.
trek_frame.jpg

This is what it looks like now. :D
bbshd.jpg

bbshd2.jpg

she started life as an ugly as hell hardtail conversion. Eventually I went into maximum overdrive on her

https://imgur.com/a/VHPwZ

upgraded from 48v to 72v @ 20ah, same hub but ventilated now and running 100+amps, shunt modded the controller, replaced the fets with 4110's, built an entire 12v side, added regen braking, added a BMS protected LiFePo4 battery, added onboard charging (will likely build a J1772 adapter box soon), beefed up the phase cables, and replaced the CAv3 with a KT LCD3. I'll likely get the motocross seat for the enduro frame as the bike seat is a pain in the ass to get on and off of since I'm pretty short at 5'9".

Always room for well made step thru frames. Those can be really nice for daily riding around town.

Just made this one..

750 Watt front hub motor

48 Volt 23AH ALLCELL Battery pack

Locking storage trunk to house the controller, battery and wires.

Kevlar tires, and thinker tire tubes

*50 miles on a charge

I bought one of those hard cases from my shop, just to see what I could do with it. My boss called it a trash can. :) I still haven't figured out an arrangement for it where I get to open the lid even 90 degrees. (On my bikes, the seat is above and overhanging the rack.)

Thought i would share a pic of my new baby.
Have had this bike for many years gathering dust, with the demise of my ute, i decided the time was right for an ebike.

q1UFklg.png

BBSHD with 48V 11Ah battery.

I was initially worried about mounting this kit to the frame, and thought i would have to build a custom battery box, but it has actually worked out perfectly.
Really happy with it, and having a blast commuting to work... Have a rack, panniers and guards on the way, and will be wiring up lights to the pack as well.

wolf_rt said:
Thought i would share a pic of my new baby.
Have had this bike for many years gathering dust, with the demise of my ute, i decided the time was right for an ebike.

BBSHD with 48V 11Ah battery.

I was initially worried about mounting this kit to the frame, and thought i would have to build a custom battery box, but it has actually worked out perfectly.
Really happy with it, and having a blast commuting to work... Have a rack, panniers and guards on the way, and will be wiring up lights to the pack as well.

Photo bucket are a bag of dicks, so you can no longer use it as a third party host without paying. they will be out of business soon as this is an act of desperation, so i suggest backing up all of your photos to Flickr or Imgur.

C885kl5.jpg

jTtDlhi.jpg

Crescent Njord 29" with AFT 1680W mid drive and Samsung 25r pack from EM3EV. This thing is a BEAST! I never anticipated such power but man! I'm in love :D

Before:
1c5f1bf7-574d-4f57-9113-5cefbb24139f_large.jpg

After:
5RfXZPe.jpg

xpS08Nh.jpg

mWoJiPM.jpg

Sorry I don't have a before pic but here is my latest build based on a Haro Extreme X7 I have owned for years. I have fitted a BBSHD and carry a 52v 17.5ah battery in my bag. :)

SB Cruiser cargo / dog carrier trike:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833

Been about 3/4 of a year since the last before/after:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=235&start=1575#p1251113
and it's changed appearance and functionality a fair bit.

Present appearance (August 2017):
dsc06512.jpg
dsc06519.jpg
View attachment 7
dsc06517.jpg
dsc06525.jpg
dsc06527.jpg
dsc06533.jpg
dsc06532.jpg
View attachment 1
dsc06534.jpg

That's without the white dog crate/kennel in the cargo area (it's still designed to slide in there to carry the dogs or loose cargo that wouldnt' sit or strap into the bed easily). Not all of the woodwork is complete; eventually once I have enough lightweight wood in decent shape, the sides and back of the cargo area will have removable panels to replace the need for the crate/kennel. That will give more room for the dogs and look nicer, as well as providing more insulation against the direct sun heating it up inside (aided by better ventilation than is possible with the crate/kennel). Yogi pretty well completely fills the plastic one:
file.php

Link to a post with present configuration info:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67833&start=500#p1306890

"Original" appearance was a pile of cut up bike parts and scrap tubing/etc. :lol: But it's first pedalable appearance was this, back in March 2015
file.php

First decent appearance was
file.php

Had painted coroplast fenders and front "triangle" cover, which were easily damaged and only ziptied on.

Last appearance December 2016
file.php

All the covering was removed while the frame was reworked to move weight forward and add more secure cargo area, fix seating, pedal drivetrain, etc.

Ville said:
Just put a MAC motor on my Giant Anthem SX 27.5. Sawed-off thru-axle :lol:

Still got finishing to do.

Great looking bike Ville, thanks for posting. 8)

Before: Stock Giant Stiletto

file.php

After: 1000W Currie permanent magnet motor with roller clutch on the drive shaft turning a 13 tooth cog, with a chain turning a 68 tooth cog turning a bottom bracket. On the other side of the BB are 2 chain rings one is fixed to the BB shaft with a chain to the rear cassette the other is a BMX freewheel with a chain to the pedal BB. When I pedal with no power I don't have to turn the motor, when I motor I don't have to pedal & I can motor and pedal at the same time. Controller is a 100A 48V Kelly with the limit set at 40A, the battery is 36V, 30A continuous, 70A max output. It goes OK but not as good as it did with the first unlimited battery I used about 10 years ago. I was pulling about 70A from some paralleled NIMH packs, they lasted about a week before they burned. I'm ordering a 48V pack for it. It has a right hand twist throttle, left hand rear 7 speed grip shift.

file.php

Attachments

• stilleto.jpg
    stilleto.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4,921
Well I decided to remove that fugly display and jumble of wires from my Haro/BBSHD combo, also got some new bars and a new direct mount stem to complete the new clean look. :D

Haro_X7_BBSHD.jpg

neil.b said:
Well I decided to remove that fugly display and jumble of wires from my Haro/BBSHD combo, also got some new bars and a new direct mount stem to complete the new clean look. :D

Haro_X7_BBSHD.jpg

Nice pic! Im saving a copy. Really clean looking bike (even though its cheating with no battery :)

skeetab5780 said:
neil.b said:

Nice pic! Im saving a copy. Really clean looking bike (even though its cheating with no battery :)

Thanks for the kind words. I know its cheating but unfortunately its not an easy frame to mount a battery to. I would if I could though. :D

I agree that the backpack battery is better for off road. I have tried it both ways with my BBS02 on my hard tail and it definitely feels more like a motorcycle with that extra weight on the frame, although its much more convenient for the day to day use.

This was my first bicycle build from just a frame, it's also a budget build.

*UPDATE

Information
60v 16ah Battery Pack (Built by me using 18650's) Upgraded from 48v that has been moved to another bike
1500w Rear Hub Motor Ungraded from 1000w that has been moved to another bike
Weight 75 pounds
Top Speed 40 mph (I didn't push it further so it might can go faster)
I ride normally between 18 -28mph this was only a test
The batteries are in the panniers
I KNOW THE BEST PLACE FOR BATTERIES ARE LOW AND IN THE MIDDLE BUT I LIKE THIS LOOK
My Ebike rides like a absolute dream, comfortable, fast and smooth
I've built 3 more ebikes since this one :) I'm completely hooked

Some Extra Stuff
Wired Dual Front Headlights
USB Port
Dual Battery Button for two packs
Custom Plug In Port
Suspension seat
Front Suspension Folk
Loud Scooter Horn
Bell
Rear Light
Aluminum Phone Holder
Trunk
Cup Holder
Alloy Pedals
Custom Stickers
Some Painted Touches
Mirrors

Attachments

• before1.jpg
    before1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 4,624
  • Kendra Ebike.jpg
    Kendra Ebike.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,722
chefkendra said:
I just finished building this and I also believe this is my first post although I've been reading ES for quite some some time.
I bought a frame and build a bike. This is the first time I've build a bike from frame. It was an eye opening experience. I enjoyed it. This is an economy build sourcing parts from ebay, amazon, etc.
The hub is 48v 1000w motor off ebay.

Very clean looking build chefkendra. Hope you get a lot of miles out of it.

Wolfeman said:
chefkendra said:
I just finished building this and I also believe this is my first post although I've been reading ES for quite some some time.
I bought a frame and build a bike. This is the first time I've build a bike from frame. It was an eye opening experience. I enjoyed it. This is an economy build sourcing parts from ebay, amazon, etc.
The hub is 48v 1000w motor off ebay.

Very clean looking build chefkendra. Hope you get a lot of miles out of it.

Thank you. :)

Thanks, and sure. It's a KMB Beach Cruiser Bicycle Frame with Dummy Gas Tank.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beach-Cruiser-Bicycle-Frame-with-Dummy-Gas-Tank-White/262351302912?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Back