Perth Build #2 - FUTR Beta

Perth_ebiker

100 mW
Hi,

Build #2 has started, this will actually be more of a frame only build as the electrics will be donated by Bike #1 : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54149&p=1283499

Im going with Hyena's DNM suspension package and the White "Special Edition" framee - i like the side detailing.

file.php

Ive just ordered a Sturmey Archer FCT26 crankset from Ebay, LBS has various bars to choose from so the next major item will be brakes. Magura MT5e brakes are planned

Also chasing some fenders for winter rain protection. Mudhgger and Topeak are on the radar.

Attachments

• IMG_1893.JPG
    IMG_1893.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,470
Following.

I agree I really like the side panelling details too.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else find it cool when you see someone on the forum is from the same city as you? It's like "they're out there!"

Thats a beautiful looking frame. My favorite as is such a great all rounder, Will be awesome up on the trails in the hills. A little bit jealous actually :)

Will follow your build for sure. Hopefully we bump into each other on a path somewhere.

Nice Looking frame Mate.. I have the DNM Shock setup on my EEB and Im very pleased with them overall but Ive never experienced the Mega Buck options so Im somewhat in the Dark to the possible differences.. Hope it comes together hassle free for you :D
Im_Getting_Better said:
does anyone else find it cool when you see someone on the forum is from the same city as you? It's like "they're out there!"
I had to view the Post because of the Perth Reference.. I never see anything more than basic 250W conversions riding around though would love to see an enthusiast out and about haha.

Just finished my build this week been riding it to work everyday from Singleton to Port Kennedy topped out at 65kmh.

I'll be starting my own beta build in about a week. I'll be using a double crown fork as well. Which hub and wheel build will you be using :)? It would be fun to compare weights.

Mostly finished. Chainless but rideable and can’t wait to ride it to work tomorrow. Finishing touches like rubber grommets and ebrake switches (cancel cruise) still be done, as well as shortening the brake cables which are all tied up at the front. I’ve made the rear wheel easier to remove by adding a waterproof 5 pin plug (I forget the name but was hell for me to solder).

The seat is the original seat from the Electra cruiser (my ebike # 1) but I’ve run out of budget for the time being. Stealth now sell a kickstand which I’ll probably have to get as not much spare wall in the bike rack at work to lean it against.

EC0CE674-D3EB-4D2E-97E9-BF55592A89A5.jpeg65E736A8-8A4A-4D8B-B8D9-1C19B6A717CB.jpeg29A28524-4177-45F7-B7FF-93A09073E4E3.jpeg

Now you just need the pedals and the seat! That looks awesome really great work there! I like the detachable 5 pin motor cable idea too! I can only imagine it would be hell to solder though like you said.

Had a bit of a win tonight.

So the Infineon Controller comes with yellow HIGO plugs for the ebrakes, and the Maguras MT5e (closers) came with red HIGO plugs.

With help from my 72 yo dad, we have found the +5v supply (red) and and determined that the controller allows for a permanent power cut on 1 wire (black) and an intermittent power cut on the other (blue) and wired it up such that pulling either front or back brake lever connects +5v to the controller sensor wire (black in this instance) and cuts the cruise & motor power. I ride on a busy bike path with many walkers so this was something i wanted to do. There are other threads about people trying to use Magura ebrakes with Infineon controllers so i just wanted to document it is quite simple to do. All i needed was a yellow HIGO plug and lead from member electricwheels.de and the rest was simple.

Another way to make both brakes cut the power and activate regen is by just splicing them both to the positive and negative that runs from the EBS plug on the controller. On my bike I have a button on the left which just activates regen and my right brake leaver works the front brake and also activates the regen. Which also cuts power to motor.

Back