Kuberg Freerider Extended Swingarm Project

skeetab5780 said:
I did get my rear hyrdro disc brakes in the mail and I cannot wait to get a bracket welded in place to mount them! I really hate trying to ride like a hooligan without rear brakes

Do you use regen?

No I have not enabled regen on any of the three Kelly controllers I have, this build im not sure how good it will work with a chain tensioner in the mix, Have you any experience with a similar setup? This is not a simple hub and id rather have a brake lever if I had a choice.
IMG_1472.JPG

Hobbyking has my batteries on sale for $77 each! Which is a complete steal! They are in the USA warehouse also...

But I am not going to buy them because they are only offering one shipping method USPS 5 days for $49.77 for only three packs!!!!

That is a complete downer...why so much shipping it makes the batteries calculate out to $94 each instead on the $77 sale

I guess I will continue to have range anxiety until after the winter is over...Bahhh

Weird its giving me free shipping to California. Do you use those in your Vector Lite frame? Another member mentioned running 20s 20ah with 4s and 6s packs which is what I want to do but looking at the dimensions on the hobby king website I don't see how they could fit. Are the dimensions on the website accurate as far as you know?

Thanks,

No im using some other weak batteries on the vector light bike, i use the multi stars for the 50amp controller on this bike.

Ya im on east coast so apparently hobbyking cannot help me

I think the dimensions of packs are accurate on site, ive never had the big 20ah packs so not 100%

Well I'm an idiot I guess, because I went back to Hobbyking today and the FedEx shipping was actually FREE!!!

So I bought another 3x 6s 12000mah multi packs! So I will have 18s 24ah now! pretty awesome

Thanks for the help forum!

Started working on this voltage display I bought 6 years ago! Haha one of these days I will have a bike with a volt meter...

Using an old iphone 5 case to mount this display
IMG_1546.JPG
Had to add some wiring to make it look pretty
IMG_1547.JPG
Soldered them on real fast
IMG_1548.JPG
Slapped it together now I have to find something to cover it with
IMG_1549.JPG

You could use an otterbox or lifeproof iphone case to cover it. They are fully enclosed since the are waterproof. You could run the wires through the charging port hole.

That is a pretty good idea, but those cases are probably more $$ than the display!

I will just hack some ugly cover and glue the crap out of it! More my style :)

Thanks I got the frame and parts from the only USA distributor of the bike

Its in CA called Adventure Designs

have you sorted the kog problem on kelly? i had exactly the same problem, sorted with enabling a light regen

try_all said:
have you sorted the kog problem on kelly? i had exactly the same problem, sorted with enabling a light regen

No I didn't figure it out I ended up switching to a KBS series controller with this motor its much smoother...I hope there is a better fix for this some day

no one has given a definitive answer yet

Hi,
I have the exactly same problem with my kelly kls7230s controller and a revolt 120 pro motor.
I will use the 12 volt (controller provides this output) instead of 5volt to power up the hall sensors.
Before doing that, check the hall sensors Voltage range.

Bye

jonnydrive said:
Hi,
I have the exactly same problem with my kelly kls7230s controller and a revolt 120 pro motor.
I will use the 12 volt (controller provides this output) instead of 5volt to power up the hall sensors.
Before doing that, check the hall sensors Voltage range.

Bye

Can most hall sensors handle 12v? That seems like it would be too much...and just increasing the voltage solves the weak signal issue?

Odd sounds too easy

Is not my idea :) I read it somewhere in Cyclone 3k mega-thread.
For combination Kelly Controller + Cyclone, it is suggested to use 12volt for power the hall sensors instead of a traditional 5v.

Revolt use SS411/41F that from datasheet support this power: 5V/9V/ 12V/15V/18V/24V.

My bet: more voltage in hall sensors is equivalent to a widest signal range, maybe it can overhang the white noise, parassite currents, etc....
In fact, my controller faults only when high amperage is required, that match with a stronger magnetic field generated by the engine. Can be this interference the cause of fault in the sensors? I am no sure.

It can worth a try....as soon I can get my hands on my motorcycle I will do it.

I'm going to keep you updated.

After watching a few videos of the Sur-Ron Light Bee climbing hill and bogging down with the loud high pitch cry...I figured I would show a quick video of how silent and easy this Kuberg climbs to the top of this 45 degree powerline to the highest point of my town. If you listen carefully you can hear police sirens at the bottom of the hill and you cannot hear my motor at all! The video doesn't do the hill justice until you see the view from the top!

Last edited:
Aebrennan said:
Wow that is steep and quiet, sadly you had to throw in some smack talk tho. Not sure what vids you are referring to. Nice build.

Thanks for the reply

I really like the Sur-ron bike,i would love to own one some day. The frame is beautiful. Just because it's loud and high pitched sounding doesn't mean I'm smack talking haha, It means I have the right to voice my opinion on the matter and you can take it with a grain of salt or get mad, and again that is ok since that's the beauty of free will!

Also many people think that adding a two stage reduction to a bike makes it better at climbing by getting the motor to a more efficient RPM but it may not be necessary if the KV of the motor is perfect for the voltage and weight requirements overall...Something to ponder

Are you finally liking that throttle? I thought you'd switched it out.
The Sur-ron goes great uphill and really isn't that loud - about like my cyclone. They have a larger sprocket that will make it even better for hills, but slower top-end. Which video did you watch?

skeetab5780 said:
Aebrennan said:
Wow that is steep and quiet, sadly you had to throw in some smack talk tho. Not sure what vids you are referring to. Nice build.

Thanks for the reply

I really like the Sur-ron bike,i would love to own one some day. The frame is beautiful. Just because it's loud and high pitched sounding doesn't mean I'm smack talking haha, It means I have the right to voice my opinion on the matter and you can take it with a grain of salt or get mad, and again that is ok since that's the beauty of free will!

Also many people think that adding a two stage reduction to a bike makes it better at climbing by getting the motor to a more efficient RPM but it may not be necessary if the KV of the motor is perfect for the voltage and weight requirements overall...Something to ponder

Your talking smack not sharing opinions

"After watching a few videos of the Sur-Ron Light Bee climbing hill and bogging down with the loud high pitch cry.."

Where are these videos????????????

I'm not here to fight as I know what you've done with your bikes Skeetab, but it is ironic you post a video saying the bike doesn't climb well and the headline of that video says:
All that single track stuff, you get the point. This is a serious hill. I know of no other ebike that has made it up.

Where you see a bog, I see the guy laying off the throttle because his front tire is off the ground. The youtuber has another video that says in the description it climbs like a champion. Sur-ron has a bigger rear sprocket if you want it climb even better. I'm glad I bought the bike. Would have cost the same for similar parts, but I've spent zero hours in the garage or troubleshooting stuff. It's what I dreamed of making myself.
Oh well. Keep up the builds. You've made some good ones. Always appreciate your stuff. If you were close I'd let you take the Sur-ron for a ride.

dirkdiggler said:
I'm not here to fight as I know what you've done with your bikes Skeetab, but it is ironic you post a video saying the bike doesn't climb well and the headline of that video says:
All that single track stuff, you get the point. This is a serious hill. I know of no other ebike that has made it up.

Where you see a bog, I see the guy laying off the throttle because his front tire is off the ground. The youtuber has another video that says in the description it climbs like a champion. Sur-ron has a bigger rear sprocket if you want it climb even better. I'm glad I bought the bike. Would have cost the same for similar parts, but I've spent zero hours in the garage or troubleshooting stuff. It's what I dreamed of making myself.
Oh well. Keep up the builds. You've made some good ones. Always appreciate your stuff. If you were close I'd let you take the Sur-ron for a ride.

Ya but what types of Ebikes is he talking about 1000w rear hubs or a mid drive 1500w BBS02? The hill was steep but not that steep

He is not letting off the throttle, nor is the tire coming off the ground, not sure what video you are watching...You can also hear him saying "come on climb" or something similar

Dirk will you make a personal video of your Sur ron climbing a good hill

I'm not here to fight either and I never have had issues with forum members, I just hear a bike bogging down to an inefficient RPM range in that climb and it sounds like the motor is crying for help

I urge anyone that has a Sur ron to make a hill climb video

edit: I do not use that throttle anymore Dirk, but its more to do with Kelly controller issues than the throttle itself. Right now I'm back to my old KBX controller and the half twist throttle works better with that one. But I have another thumb throttle to install similar to the one I am using on the Apollo build.

Back