Post your Pets here!

This little gal adopted me about 3 years ago. Socks... aka Monkey...this is her a little over 4 years ago when she first started coming around to play.
YoungSocks.jpg
The collars never lasted more than a few days.

About 3 years ago she decided this was her home instead of the neighbor's 2 houses over. Her owner finally came over and said "I guess she's yours now since she never wants to stay here."

More recent photos.
socks1.jpg
keyboardcatnap.jpg

P.S. Nice sky shots amberwolf!

will post pictures right quick, My Persian cat named Rex, my Black Crow named Whiety , my Rot. named Fluff. Oh and my Daughters Hamster named Fang

THX1138 said:
will post pictures right quick, My Persian cat named Rex, my Black Crow named Whiety , my Rot. named Fluff. Oh and my Daughters Hamster named Fang

You have a crow? :D cool Do you know the language? not kidding.. They have a fight call, a comeback call, a feeding call etc. Those buggers are smart, but they can't count-- long story :D

The dogs got into another fight (started again by my crazy sister :roll:); I ended up having to stay home from work today to take care of Fred, the smallest, as she was the target of both Bonnie and Nana (Hachi and Loki never really get involved). A few hours later, they all took a nap, finally, and three of them made a perfect picture opportunity:
DSC03364.JPG

Kitties...
[youtube]ES-ne0bIorY[/youtube]

One crazy Oriental cat.

Thinks shes a dog sometimes. Likes to play fetch.
View attachment cat_outside.jpeg
View attachment cat_1.JPG

[youtube]TkVzQvh1Vn8[/youtube]
I keep meaning to do a better video of her fetching but this will do for now.
I need to educate her that she that is incompatible with ESD safe workbenches! She's always trying to see what I'm doing.
I guess she touches the mat most times before getting too close to the PCB though.

I have never seen a cat fetch before. I have 3 cats and I don't think they would care at all if I threw a toy. You must be very talented to teach a cat to do that.
This is my puppy dog. Her name is Sonia.
file:///private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x408470.tmp.We7Xhl/Photo%20277.jpg

Mr_Cola said:
You must be very talented to teach a cat to do that.
Didn't take much, oriental cats (related to siamese) seem to naturally want to carry things in their mouth. Just little encouragement when she was a kitten. She actually brings the toy to me when she wants to play. When I got her from the breeder I was told her mother was also into fetching and carrying things.

The bad side: she has brought home; a large piece of smoked fish, a piece of steak (cooked), a muffin, a sassage, popsicle stick etc. She did not eat any of these, just brought them home. I hope they wern't off someones table :oops:

testing out one of them keychain spy cameras. I thought some might get a kick out of this dogs enthusiasm to perform.
(beleve it or not this is a high energy Astrailan shepard!)
[youtube]ANiI3Fp8kJU[/youtube]

Blizzard of 2011:
Tue. 2-1-2011
Arived home from work at the usual 4:30 pm & let the dogs out. Snow staring to come down pretty good & wind was really picking up. 20 min later 1 of the 2 are barking at the door. Crazy blue eyed frisco is no where to be found. Figured she was running squirels out in the back woods. Getting to be dark out & the blizzard is ON....still no dog. This is the wifes favorite animal in the universe.....rating 10 points higher than myself (& maybe 2 points more than her own son!) I drive around the block yelling like an idiot calling the dog, snows has drifted 10" in the driveway....fruitless.

The wife had big plans to get to work Wed. morning so at 10:30pm I decide to take 1 more walk around the property to see if she's holed up somewhere. Bundled in my hunting clothes & armed with my flashlight & the other dog, its back into the storm....we walk to the back of my 5 acers & search the brush pile I place over deer carcases for the wild life to scavenge...no dog tracks out there...we search a coulpe out buildings she traps rabits in sometimes...nothing. Finaly walking back to the house & have 1 more stop to check...an old den dug By Dog #1 under a deck ajacent to the drive way. I am laying on my belly under the wodden steps with the flashlige yelling over the wind....damn dog showes her face over the cinderblock wall that is my garage foundation....I walk to the other side that is a full 4'deep drift & dig through to pull her out......only to hear a newborn puppy squeek....impossible? We didn't know the dog was pregnent. I crawl all the way in & find 2 pups 1 nearly frozen solid & not moving. scoop them up & race into the house....warm towles & 45 min later the icecycle pup finaly takes a gasp of air & starts breathing & crying.....we are stunned.

We put mama & the 2 pups in a makeshift den & call it a night at 2:00 am, and are greeted in the morning with 20" of freash snow, a drift accross the drive 5' deep (completely burying my metro) & a thid pup.....bonofide snow day. I get the driveway cleared around 5:00 pm & wait for the Snow Plows to open the road so we can get out.....it arives at 10:00 pm weds night.

Normaly we schedual a quick vet appointment & have the moma checked out & pups tails cliped & dew claws removed (aussies) but these are muts, & frisco is her old self chasing the snow blower & running the yard as well as being an attentive mother & dogs been having pups for eons. Every thing seemed fine.
Untill saturday afternoon. she goes outside & doesn't return in the normal 5 min's I step out to look & she's in the back yard & doesn't look at all well......fu__. Poor animal just suddenly looked very bad...we call our vet...closed. the emergency line refers us to the Surgical hospital 50 miles away.

We arive at 4:30. dog seems better than the begining of the trip. With pups in a box We get the bad news 1 lodged in the canal & 2 more behind it... fever & infection have set in....time for an emergency DNC & I am shocked that my wfe didn't even blink at the $2600.00 she was comminting too. (we keep seperate finances....2nd marige for us both)
The bad news is the Uterus has ruptured & is infecting the abdominal cavity......never a good thing & have recomended that we take her to MI STATE vetranary collage formore surgury, drains & the works....this time Melody says no to the potential additionall 5K in expences....she is a farmers daughter after all. Dog will stay over night at the hospital on IV antibiotics & her fate will be determined in the morning....till then I am bottle feeding 3 4-day old muts & trying to keep it together.

There is another Long story about this particualr Dog & it will devastate my wife & the entire family if we have to put her down..
This dog is 6 years old & has only come into heat 2 times we were aware of....we didn't bother to Spay cause we thought she was steril....(other dog is spayed) talk about feeling guilt.
forgive the long post...& thank you for the indulgence. :cry:
P2020038.jpg

P2050042.jpg

Dog is home. & responding well to meds. No pain (that is obvious) & nursing the pups.
what a long weekend, anyone ever bottle fed puppies?
Thanks for the well wishes.

I totally missed a video opportunity of a lifetime a few days ago, and thought I might retry it, so I turned on Hachi's old nemesis, The Sprinkler, and let her have nearly free reign. (she has tried to eat it several times before, so I can't let her entirely have her way ;))

I ran out of memory on the card a couple of minutes before the funniest bit, where she got distracted by the ice cream truck a second time, turned, and got pspspsppss'd right in the ear, then backed off ducking her head and waving her paw up in the air as if to hold the water away. :lol:

One of the vids you see Nana moseying along the fence to stay away from the water, but then it catches up with her and she starts trotting faster to get away. :)

First the still, then the first vid (the most varied is probably the sixth, which along with 2-7 will be added in a subsequent post because YT is INCREDIBLY SLOW right now, and it's already been hours), then the story of what I missed videoing previously:

[youtube]o_2CZZebDL4[/youtube]

From a few days ago:
Hachi almost ate my sprinkler today...I didn't get any pics before she stopped but she was attacking the water stream from the automatic sprinkler as it sputtered back and forth across the yard (psst psst psst psst pspspspspspsps psst psst psst psst), and dodging back shaking her totally soaked head as it moved to point right into her face each time....

She got a little frustrated with it at one point, and started barking at it, and when it pspspspspspsps'd right across her face as she did that, she got mad and attacked it. :lol:

The resulting shower of water everywhere as she had it in her mouth and was being sprayed across the side of her head with teh now-still jet of water, shaking the whole thing like a just-caught snake, growling, was pretty funny. I probably could've gotten pictures if I hadn't been rolling around on the ground laughing my ribs off. :lol:

After a minute or two she gave up; I guess the water jet flapping her ear around was too much, finally. As soon as she dropped it, it started flicking again psst psst psst psst (but not her direction), so she sighed, turned away from it and shook the water out of her fur.

Then it pspspspspspsps'd back, right across her butt, surprising the heck out of her... she didn't yelp but she sure ran pretty fast. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man, it's been HOURS and my ribs and face STILL hurt from laughing so hard...and I can still taste mud (well, I imagine I can) where she came over while I was doing it, licking my face to see if I was ok. :)

The whole time Nana just stared at Hachi, wondering what the heck she was trying to do (cuz Nana is definitely not a water dog).

Finally, the rest of the vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7FUppQbRIw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFnpWcW7m3Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb0hR9hcaNc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n7_DIB3x9I

This one is probably the most worth watching, if you're only going to watch one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJXGgu9ryrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stcq-BdJIHQ

An old neighbor of mine couldn't let his dog out if the sprinkler was running. Otherwise his dog would spend hours straddling the sprinkler getting his ass and dangley bits sprtized... and the yard would not get watered. But the dog would have the cleanest ass and undercarriage on the planet.

Guess he found the magic vibrator there, eh? :lol:

Hachi thinks she fits in this little office chair, too, just like Nana does:
DSC04463.JPG
(note there is a much larger chair right next to it she could sprawl in, but doesnt' usually)
DSC04464.JPG

Nana in same chair, some time ago:
5386481331_9d77b00c15_z.jpg

Back