Fixed the RC bike once again !!
After installing the heat sinks, i went for a short ride and within a few minutes i developed a ricketyrack noise..... bike still ran but the thing was driving me insane !
Took it all apart tonight, added a 1mm shim on the 2nd stage chain smaller sproket to line them up perfectly, the chain never jumped but it is now as good as it can be..
The racket was caused by one of the set screws on the motor pulley having come loose, so i diveted the motor shaft a bit more and used loc-tite on it.. Also shimmed the belt pulley to better centre the belt..
Re-did the spring idler for the 3rd stage as the movement had eaten it's way thru the aluminum plate and was no longer keeping proper tension..
And after all those adjustments, things are good with the world once again !
I also cut off 2 of the heat sink lobes to pull the motor closer to the frame, i almost did an endo the other day after learning that the front fork would flex enough to jam the tire into the heat sinks if i hit the brakes hard enough !!!...
Oh, and amberworlf, i took the opertunity to add heat sink compound to the heat sinks this time around !!
Tomorrow, if time permits, i plan to finish the ABS panels to cover the battery packs properly and mount the andersons for charging instead of dangling cables as it is now.