New electric mountain bike frame by Phasor Cycles

Andje said:
Hey black arrow, if you have your own opinions then feel free to discuss them in this public forum :)

Already done, I appreciated this frame its well made, great looking at great price :wink:

Andje said:
If you have some ideas on why I'm wrong we can go discuss them somewhere else without flame-thread-jacking maybe?

The best idea I have is please design your own frame for less than a 1000 $ and will be happy to discuss with you somewhere else, deal?

I'm sorry that you can't afford this frame at 1500 $ with your wallet but is not the purpose of this trade period. :D
Good day!
Black Arrow

Haha... the funniest part is how hypocrites always reveal themselves Black Arrow.

2012-01-24_17-26-12_648.jpg

More pics of progress please!

Chain fit okay?

What rims are those?

anything to get this back on topic!

GCinDC said:
More pics of progress please!

Chain fit okay?

What rims are those?

anything to get this back on topic!

Yeah, back on topic, I can't wait to see the finished product.

By the way what rims are they, they are huge ?

Back on topic you say?!

Obama's romney is economy and health care, but I think religion my politics unemployment?? Explain how I'm wrong. :lol:

Just kidding! Making light of the thread's recent diversion is all.

I am hoping to see more completed pics as well. Also, built weights and such. Specifications please. :D

SHiFT

So would you be willing to sell one just like that? Bare metal and no side covers? I might want to be an early adapter.

But I'd want to weld in my own battery trays and cable guides, and I think I'd like it in a brushed metal finish and clear coat it my self.

I'd be willing to be a beta tester if that frame will be compatible with what I'm planning.

With all the price hating, i just wanted to say that if the bike preforms as well as it looks i WILL be buying one. With all the money ive spent with this hobby, im fine with $1350. Even at 1500 you can still build something better than a bomber for 1/2 the price. Lets not forget were paying for his time as well. Without profit there is no reason for him to build. This is America, right? (for some of us:) )

Cant wait for a tested, finished product. Just give me the word and ill send funds! Hell, i already have my powder coat color picked! I might even get ghosted realistic lightning bolts airbrushed in. :twisted:

This color is crazy, it looks different from every angle, it doesn't really come out in the pictures though. It is all together and ready to go, I am working on getting the battery pack together which might take some time, still getting all the parts together.
IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Shipping to Ireland is estimated to be around $200

I think it moved.. No, no.. It defintly moved! :shock:

Ill send you a pre-wired 100v 20ah LiPo battery pack so you can get beta testing that sexy machine faster! im serious, just take it off my tab!

Looks awesome!

Faster, faster, faster!!!!

That's great colour and will make you a lot more visible on the road.

The cheapest 200 mm forks I can find are around 600 Euro's on chainreaction ?

Rear shock is about 350 Euro's. :cry:

I can't wait to see how the BMC holds up to abuse!

I think you would be better off mounting the controller outside ?

Looking good guys, +1 on the colour. Is it painted or powder coated ?
How wide are those rims and tires ? The tire look almost too small for the rim!

Time to go abuse it and make sure it doesn't break before starting mass production ? :)
o00scorpion00o said:
The cheapest 200 mm forks I can find are around 600 Euro's on chainreaction ?
Rear shock is about 350 Euro's. :cry:
I'm sure the guys at phasor could negotiate a better price from other suppliers on suitable gear for a bulk OEM order. The greyborg team managed to get a significant reduction on suspension prices from retail to supply with their frames.

It's a work of art.

The pride of accomplishment you must be feeling would be fantastic. To build something like this from a few pieces of metal by your own hand is outstanding.

It cannot possibly feel as good to ride as just to look at? Or can it.....????

I am a fitter+turner, and an electrician, and my hobby is wrecking/restoring classic muscle cars - $1500 to me, looks like a bargain, $600 for front shocks, $400 for rear shock, then your choice of elec combo, say $2000 for motor, controller, batteries, (Hyena kit???) and $2000 on things like front wheel, tyres, cranks, derailers, brakes, odds and ends - Full-Custom for about $6500?? (Is it even possible to spend US$10k)Thats Ferrari ebike, for Pontiac GTO money, IMO.

Can somebody smarter than me (most of you) have a go at working this out please? A basic one (Say 3kW, 50k range, and 6kW 80k range?)

Back